• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Purdy, but we expect a story!

The books were part of an estate sale...kept in unregulated storage. Some are surprisingly newsstand-fresh. The older books are low-grade, but the Bronze stuff is really nice for where it came from. I'm debating getting the GS #1 and FF #45 graded...I just hate to have them tied up for a long time.

Peace,

Chip

Fast Track. :baiting:

Congrats on the great find Chip. (thumbs u

Nothing like Chip's fantastic pickup, but I did purchase about 160 Silver and Bronze Age comics and 25 Mad magazines from the 70s earlier today from my eye doctor. They're mostly low to mid grade books and most were DC and Gold Key books. There were some good ones in there though:

Hanna-Barbera TV Super Heroes #1

Marvel Spotlight #5 (1st Ghost Rider)

Thor 143-146

Detective #359 (1st Batgirl) coverless :cry:

Strange Adventures #205 (1st Deadman), 214

We had already talked about these comics over a year ago. He still had them in 2 old suitcases in his office. As my wife and I were leaving he said "Those comics. Take them! Give me 20 bucks and they're yours. I just want them out of here." Needless to say I couldn't pass up that deal. :)

Thanks for the 'grats, guys! :)

Shark, that's a really awesome pickup for $20! I love that HB Super Heroes book.

Had a guy text me this morning on my Craigslist ad and said he had a small bunch of comics for sale. He wanted $20 for the books, and I agreed to pick them up because his cell pics showed these four were in there :

16318682617_b1e60bb26a_b.jpg

I love little deals like this. It keeps me going. :)

Peace,

Chip

My Turn - pics are flattering - max 8.5 on anything.

P1290003_zpsgps3vtmz.jpg

P1290010_zps8co2qnvj.jpg

P1290005_zpsndm7zf3c.jpg

P1290013_zpshyt3hsgj.jpg

Plus another 20 that are 1.5 - 5.0 grade - all early Avengers.

Well happy!

I hit up a book and game store in Marietta Ohio yesterday while waiting for a job to start up. The place had about 30 long boxes of books in a back room and I only had an hour - mission impossible theme kicks in! All the books were $1 so I probably left some nice books for that price but that's a lot of books to sort thru in an hour. Here is what I grabbed:

94283c08-27a4-430c-839d-7f228a20f516_zpsi97bqno1.jpg

IMG_1204_zps56ossuqi.jpg

I excited to re-read the Old Man Logan run again this weekend.

Nice pickups, everyone!

I had a unique Craig's List experience this week - responded to an ad for "several hundred comics" for $200, miscellaneous DC from the last 10-15 years or so.

Made the deal over the phone and the guy ended up delivering EIGHT long boxes to my house! The books are unbagged and boarded but they are in order alphabetically and with a complete typed inventory. Not too shabby for $200.

IMG_0332_zps7fb15ed0.jpg

Nice pickups, everyone!

I had a unique Craig's List experience this week - responded to an ad for "several hundred comics" for $200, miscellaneous DC from the last 10-15 years or so.

Made the deal over the phone and the guy ended up delivering EIGHT long boxes to my house! The books are unbagged and boarded but they are in order alphabetically and with a complete typed inventory. Not too shabby for $200.

IMG_0332_zps7fb15ed0.jpg

Nice one!!!! Hope you find some gems in there.

I'd say you did very well for only spending an hour in there. (thumbs u

Thanks man. I was shocked to see some of the stuff I thought would be high priced (Ms Marvel Civil War) was not worth much more then a buck and the Lady Deadpool is worth $10 - crazy.

I'd say you did very well for only spending an hour in there. (thumbs u

Thanks man. I was shocked to see some of the stuff I thought would be high priced (Ms Marvel Civil War) was not worth much more then a buck and the Lady Deadpool is worth $10 - crazy.

I think if you want to speculate on Civil War character stuff, go with Iron Man and Cap stuff. Otherwise, the She Hulk is already worth a bit more than average.

Nice pickups, everyone!

IMG_0332_zps7fb15ed0.jpg

Nice one!!!! Hope you find some gems in there.

Thanks! There's a bunch of New 52 titles/runs including the first 10 of Suicide Squad!

just picked up a stack of 50 dollar books i had asked a shop to hold for me for a while. while nothing in there jumped out as me as an expensive book erroneously filed in the dollar box, i thought a lot of them had some potential even if i did not know what they might be worth and did not feel like looking them up on my phone.

i cannot believe how off i was. every single oddball indie i thought had some potential (a lot of them were tim vigil books) turned out to be dollar books, the spidey clone books i bought turned out to be the ones nobody wants and on and on. aside from some low grade 12 cent cover price charlton hot rod comics which i know are better than $1 books, the best i probably did was getting a nice spawn 229 and 153. never have a i bought this many dollar box books with so little upside. i must be losing my magic touch or perhaps i need to learn the late copper/modern market a little better.

just picked up a stack of 50 dollar books i had asked a shop to hold for me for a while. while nothing in there jumped out as me as an expensive book erroneously filed in the dollar box, i thought a lot of them had some potential even if i did not know what they might be worth and did not feel like looking them up on my phone.

i cannot believe how off i was. every single oddball indie i thought had some potential (a lot of them were tim vigil books) turned out to be dollar books, the spidey clone books i bought turned out to be the ones nobody wants and on and on. aside from some low grade 12 cent cover price charlton hot rod comics which i know are better than $1 books, the best i probably did was getting a nice spawn 229 and 153. never have a i bought this many dollar box books with so little upside. i must be losing my magic touch or perhaps i need to learn the late copper/modern market a little better.

It happens every now and then. I took a gamble from a thrift store and bought a "mystery" longbox for $50. No Marvel, DC, or even anything recognizable in there. Not even the 1 billion printed Valiant books. Just a bunch of junk. I was just gonna burn it, but instead I donated it to Goodwill.

Nice pickups, everyone!

IMG_0332_zps7fb15ed0.jpg

Nice pickup! Make sure to let us know what you pull out of there. I take it you had a pretty good idea of what you were buying since he already had it all inventoried?