• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,850 posts in this topic

Went to a local used book shop that had a small comics section. Was kinda shocked to find that X-men book. Definitely one of those rare finds. The X-Men was a buck and the Morlocks #1 was fifty cents.

aaff657b-fe8a-435f-8c04-27a5f8f008b8_zpssmmumtol.jpg

Well done!

BTW, for those who are confused, that's the rare variant. There's a 25 cent price, but the bar code says $2.25.

Well done!

BTW, for those who are confused, that's the rare variant. There's a 25 cent price, but the bar code says $2.25.

That's helpful! I love this thread, but sometimes I scratch my head at some of the finds as I am not up to speed on modern books. Or, even the hot movie/TV stuff sometimes.

Yeah I tell myself it's one of those thats out there in the wild just need to get lucky

You know what's funny is that back about 5 years ago, this was one of the books I was looking out for to complete my Uncanny X-Men collection. I had pretty much all of the variants and reprints that existed between #1 to #500 with the exception of #297 Pressman and #423 Newsstand Error. At that time, #297 Pressman could be had on Ebay for a premium but #423 Newsstand error was nowhere to be found. Eventually I ended up giving up collecting all the variants and even sold some of them since then. Who would have thought 5 years later, I would find one at a used book store of all places? (shrug)

Went to a local used book shop that had a small comics section. Was kinda shocked to find that X-men book. Definitely one of those rare finds. The X-Men was a buck and the Morlocks #1 was fifty cents.

aaff657b-fe8a-435f-8c04-27a5f8f008b8_zpssmmumtol.jpg

Ive heard this book is found more on the East Coast. I know Pikes Comics has found 2 in the wild in FL.

Got a call to go look at a 8000 book collection at dinner. Didn't really have time to do this but with the help of my lovely wife we got through it in a few hours. Here is what I picked up. A lot will go in my collection but some I will sell off to try a recoup some of the cost. Sorry for the not so great photos but its late and I'm tired.

257owuo.jpg5ba801.jpg9kb7o6.jpg155p6xz.jpg2vceyvr.jpg

I go garage saling almost every Saturday, but haven't been having much luck finding any comics for the past few months. Well my drought finally ended.

I picked these up today. They're mostly low grade, but there's a few that are close to fine. In addition to these in the photos I also picked up a small stack of Archies, some Harvey Titles, and a few Charlton/Gold Key titles. There were over 100 comics in the lot I picked up. They are mainly late 1960s to early 1970s, but there a few older and a few later.

I thought it was decent haul considering I paid less than 50 cents a book.

garagesalelot1a.jpg

garagesalelot1b.jpg

garagesalelot1c.jpg

garagesalelot1d.jpg

garagesalelot1e.jpg

garagesalelot1f.jpg

From an estate sale I was able to procure 3 Nova #1's (VF/NM), a FF #111, and a few other books, but had sold them before I could take a picture to share. One of the dealers I wholesale to bought everything. Sorry.

Great feeling to find so many comics that the floor is your backdrop!

A hearty congrats to all the many acquisitions and thanks for sharing them.

This thread always rocks... Tip of the hat to Shark (thumbs u

It was 30% off on your highest priced item today at Half Price Books so I popped into the local one to see what they had. Dug through the top bin of comics and found a few goodies....Quicksilver #1, Silver Surfer #1(1982), Vision and the Scarlet Witch #1 (1985), Soap Opera Romances #1 (Charlton), a Vampirella #49 in mid-grade and a few others including Todd #2, 3, 5, 6 and 7.

What really caught my eye were these:

Warlord%20of%20Mars%201-2931-33Annual%201%2033%20comics_zpsqp0ksdao.jpg

Warlord%20of%20Mars%20-Dejah%20Thoris%201-2729-32%2031%20comics_zpsaybvebzb.jpg

I mean, how the hell could I pass up 65 minty Warlord of Mars comics - most featuring a damned near naked Dejah Thoris with Campbell and Jusko covers - for a measly $17.00? That's right - I couldn't. :grin:

I then moved on to the Vintage Stock store and found sweet copies of Solar #3 and #10 (1st printing) for $3.59 each. (thumbs u

Edited by Shark