• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,841 posts in this topic

Talk to me about that Rom figure a bit more.

When was it MFG'd? By whom?

I've collected toys for a long time and never seen one.

Patrick

I used to have a boxed one. Difficult to find in good shape boxed and complete/working loose.

c4.jpg

Pulsar! When Mattel was auctioning off their "vault" on ebay, I won the Mattel "sample" Hypnos. It was minty in a hacked box, but it's been marked by Mattel. Pretty cool to have a "file copy" toy that I played with as a kid.....

Talk to me about that Rom figure a bit more.

When was it MFG'd? By whom?

I've collected toys for a long time and never seen one.

Patrick

I used to have a boxed one. Difficult to find in good shape boxed and complete/working loose.

c4.jpg

Pulsar! When Mattel was auctioning off their "vault" on ebay, I won the Mattel "sample" Hypnos. It was minty in a hacked box, but it's been marked by Mattel. Pretty cool to have a "file copy" toy that I played with as a kid.....

:baiting: pictures?

:baiting: pictures?

hypnos1.jpg

hypnos4.jpg

came straight from Mattel corporate. Neat piece. I remember they were selling all their file samples of 70's and 80's toys.(Hot wheels, Pulsar, Gre Gory, ect) I would have gone after the Pulsar too, but I remember it was either in pieces, or something else was wrong with him. My Pulsar is MIB, with all contents still sealed.

IUsHfIq.jpg

Just got this for $75. Think I'll paint up with comic stuff. Kinda a rare find.

that

is

AWESOME

That would make a really cool home woodworking project. wonder if the dimensions/design is available on line somewhere. Does it have any manufacturing markings or other identifying information? Looks old-- like an old news stand or maybe some sort of old library reference/maps display.

IUsHfIq.jpg

that

is

AWESOME

That would make a really cool home woodworking project. wonder if the dimensions/design is available on line somewhere. Does it have any manufacturing markings or other identifying information? Looks old-- like an old news stand or maybe some sort of old library reference/maps display.

It actually Looks better in person. I didn't look at it very long. I'll look to see for who made it tomorrow when I go back and pick it up. Someone put it for sale on Facebook yardsales of all places. Looked like it was from the 60-70s. It's in perfect shape ill almost feel bad painting it. Wish I could vinyl wrap it. The dude got it at an auction years ago. I can fit 3 long boxes in the bottom too.

Last week on Monday morning, it was the estate sale. I raked through 1400+ comic book (the house was nearly hoarded) and found New Mutants #87 VF, 2 X-Men Annual #14 both NM, Secret Wars #8 VF, Marvel Spotlight #1 Red Wolf NM, Omega Men #3 VG and Thanos Quest #1 Fine (water stains in ever page) for $20.

Another guy competed with me at the same time. I saw he sntached Cat #1, two Rawhide kid and some 15 cent non-key Aquaman copies. I had them in my hands but they were about 20 bucks each. Those were super low grade so I handed them over to him. There were only 5% valued books in the collection that we got all.

Before we entered the house, the manager warned us that guy was coming to buy them all for $500 so we grabbed the best books that we could find before he showed up. I never saw the guy came. I think the manager might bluff.

Even though I got a good deal.

was this in Niles?

Hey Hector, that is correct! I showed up before the door opened to the public.

Edited by JollyComics

IUsHfIq.jpg

that

is

AWESOME

It actually Looks better in person. I didn't look at it very long. I'll look to see for who made it tomorrow when I go back and pick it up. Someone put it for sale on Facebook yardsales of all places. Looked like it was from the 60-70s. It's in perfect shape ill almost feel bad painting it. Wish I could vinyl wrap it. The dude got it at an auction years ago. I can fit 3 long boxes in the bottom too.

Depending on the wood it is made out of, you might be better off refinishing the wood. It is certainly a nice find though regardless of the route you go.

Last week on Monday morning, it was the estate sale. I raked through 1400+ comic book (the house was nearly hoarded) and found New Mutants #87 VF, 2 X-Men Annual #14 both NM, Secret Wars #8 VF, Marvel Spotlight #1 Red Wolf NM, Omega Men #3 VG and Thanos Quest #1 Fine (water stains in ever page) for $20.

Another guy competed with me at the same time. I saw he sntached Cat #1, two Rawhide kid and some 15 cent non-key Aquaman copies. I had them in my hands but they were about 20 bucks each. Those were super low grade so I handed them over to him. There were only 5% valued books in the collection that we got all.

Before we entered the house, the manager warned us that guy was coming to buy them all for $500 so we grabbed the best books that we could find before he showed up. I never saw the guy came. I think the manager might bluff.

was this in Niles?

i saw it on tuesday night, went by Wednesday and it was all gone.

glad to hear someone got it from the boards.

i saw a doctor strange in the pics. i thought it was #169

I love that rack.

But as someone said, moving it is probably not going to be enjoyable, lol .

Great find.

+1

My wife will tell me to throw it away if I bring it to my house. :makepoint:

My wife would say, "You're not bringing that into MY house!" I have enough problems trying to sneak a few comics into our house.

Edited by jaeldubyoo

Another great rescue from the dollar-bin!

ROM_3issues_zpsrbi41n9o.jpg

QUESTION: Is there any difference in value between the Direct edition (diamond price box, line through barcode) and the Newsstand editions?

was this in Niles?

i saw it on tuesday night, went by Wednesday and it was all gone.

glad to hear someone got it from the boards.

i saw a doctor strange in the pics. i thought it was #169

Me too. That was a bronze age - 2nd Series Doctor Strange. I am surprised all books were gone! Not much worth books.

I went to Antique Mall then the local antique store today.

Found two books....

Scan%20746_zpsgzdyrh9b.jpeg

1st appearance of Power Girl - about GD+ 2.5 but only 2 bucks!

Scan%20747_zps7c01frrq.jpeg

Cool Michael Gould cover. Also Vietnam Vet Don Lomax wrote this issue. About VF/NM for 3 bucks. Not bad finds.