• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

And now, we return you to our regularly scheduled programming: a few recent non-key, not-for-sale, non-spectacular, non-VCC, non-slabbable, highly pedestrian acquisitions -- just good readin' and good collectin' for light $$, 'cause that's how we roll in this thread... :grin: :

new-arrivals-11-15-1.jpg

new-arrivals-11-15-2.jpg

:applause: Nice

u6te6.jpg

this weekends haul. spidey bank, snes maximum carnage, snes judge dredd, and 6 super 8 films

i had also picked up a mega man x snes cartridge but I ended up trading it for the maximum carnage because I already have one.

all in all not a bad haul.

on a side note... I unearthed some great copies of captain america 101,102, & 106 at a flea market early this morning... Unfortunately, the pricing was not as great and I reluctantly had to leave them behind.

maybe next time cap

Had the afternoon off work, so I went wandering around the local "antique" stores and such. Found a guy who was just setting up a stall with some comics, and for the first time in a long, LONG time, I scored. Almost everything is at least a 9.4.

Not entirely sure how to do pictures here, so I'll just list what I found.

Amazing Spider-Man #300.

Batman #329, #330, #366.

Batman: Harley Quinn

Batman: Vengeance of Bane

What If? #10 -- Jane Foster becoming Thor. This one's probably an 8.5

Zatanna: Everyday Magic.

Shanna the She-Devil #1-5. #5's got a small piece of the front cover missing, but they're all in pretty decent shape, otherwise.

Wonder Woman #199, #200, #204 and #207. Great classic covers.

I picked up a new push broom at an estate sale yesterday. :acclaim:

Yeah... I haven't seen a single comic at any estate sale near me in about a year. It sucks.

Have you ever checked out estatesales.net ?

I look it over every once and a while and locate upcoming sales with comics listed with pics. The search function is very useful to narrow down your search to specific items and distance from your zip code.

Yeah... I haven't seen a single comic at any estate sale near me in about a year. It sucks.

I look it over every once and a while and locate upcoming sales with comics listed with pics. The search function is very useful to narrow down your search to specific items and distance from your zip code.

Yeah, but it's very rare that I see anything with comics at all (or even anything that might hint at comics that aren't listed specifically) anywhere close. I've had a little bit of luck with "want to buy" offers on craigslist, and thankfully I know a couple guys that do house clean-outs & I know one antique shop owner that doesn't have any interest in comics & she knows to keep an eye out for people when they come in asking about things like that.

Honestly? Last time I had any luck was a couple overpriced longboxes at a flea market out of town. And sometimes at HPB.

Yeah, but it's very rare that I see anything with comics at all (or even anything that might hint at comics that aren't listed specifically) anywhere close. I've had a little bit of luck with "want to buy" offers on craigslist, and thankfully I know a couple guys that do house clean-outs & I know one antique shop owner that doesn't have any interest in comics & she knows to keep an eye out for people when they come in asking about things like that.

Honestly? Last time I had any luck was a couple overpriced longboxes at a flea market out of town. And sometimes at HPB.

Now that I realize where you are from, it explains why I seldom have luck as well.

There are many things better than cover price:

Free is better than cover price.

Hell, paying me to take it would be better than cover price & even better than free.

Paying me to take it, along with a harem of hot women & a giant stack of all of the Golden/Silver/Copper/Bronze & Modern books that I want.

All of those are better than paying cover price.

Hell, paying me to take it would be better than cover price & even better than free.

Paying me to take it, along with a harem of hot women & a giant stack of all of the Golden/Silver/Copper/Bronze & Modern books that I want.

believe me, you don't want a harem. with Obamacare laws, its really not worth it anymore.

believe me, you don't want a harem. with Obamacare laws, its really not worth it anymore.

If they're all under 27, they can still be on their parents insurance. I'm good with that.