• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

The intellivision will do ok. Takes a bit of time. I did well on the Atari and French/canadian copies of the intellivision. Out of that lot I showed a while back I only have a few intelli games left but did very well. There is people out there still looking for these games.

except as he said in his reply-- there are not many cartridges-- just the boxes and overlays/instructions. Those items will sell but not as easily as CIB versions. I've been listing three games CIB that even have cartridges-- but the cartridges tested as faulty/won't load game-- and they have been hard to find a buyer.

It is similar to trying to find someone needing to marry pages of a comic in that regard.

What is cool is when you find you have a game like Imagic's Dracula - which was rare even back when it came out. I had a nice bidding war start up when i sold that one about a year ago.

I went to the last great flea market in the GTA. Located in Oshawa. It's gone now I think.

But I found two great things. The first is a place called Hollywood Cone. If you ever find yourself in Oshawa, you got to check this place out. it's cheap and awesome. For like 4.00 you get a huge cone with a giant topping. I mean I'm a big fatso with a big sweet tooth yet I can't finish their small cones. But I digress.

When I went there, some guy was selling older video games, Nintendo, Atari, Coleco vision. All of them CIB. 3 for $5 was his deal. 3 for 5!! I bought a dozen that I knew to be quite rare. There was one other that I never heard of. So I asked him if I could buy 1 for $2. He said no. 1 would cost the same.. $5. It was already a great deal so I took 2 other games that I thought were worthless. Turns out 1 of the extra games I grabbed sold for $250 on EBAY. Even though I'm not really into it, I ended up making about $700 in one week reselling the games I bought for $25.00.

These kind of things seldom happen anymore.

I went to the last great flea market in the GTA. Located in Oshawa. It's gone now I think.

But I found two great things. The first is a place called Hollywood Cone. If you ever find yourself in Oshawa, you got to check this place out. it's cheap and awesome. For like 4.00 you get a huge cone with a giant topping. I mean I'm a big fatso with a big sweet tooth yet I can't finish their small cones. But I digress.

When I went there, some guy was selling older video games, Nintendo, Atari, Coleco vision. All of them CIB. 3 for $5 was his deal. 3 for 5!! I bought a dozen that I knew to be quite rare. There was one other that I never heard of. So I asked him if I could buy 1 for $2. He said no. 1 would cost the same.. $5. It was already a great deal so I took 2 other games that I thought were worthless. Turns out 1 of the extra games I grabbed sold for $250 on EBAY. Even though I'm not really into it, I ended up making about $700 in one week reselling the games I bought for $25.00.

These kind of things seldom happen anymore.

What were the titles?

Love retro games...

2_zpsqis7egxa.jpg

The intellivision will do ok. Takes a bit of time. I did well on the Atari and French/canadian copies of the intellivision. Out of that lot I showed a while back I only have a few intelli games left but did very well. There is people out there still looking for these games.

except as he said in his reply-- there are not many cartridges-- just the boxes and overlays/instructions. Those items will sell but not as easily as CIB versions. I've been listing three games CIB that even have cartridges-- but the cartridges tested as faulty/won't load game-- and they have been hard to find a buyer.

It is similar to trying to find someone needing to marry pages of a comic in that regard.

What is cool is when you find you have a game like Imagic's Dracula - which was rare even back when it came out. I had a nice bidding war start up when i sold that one about a year ago.

Ah didn't see that part. Collection I had every game worked and at the time the console worked. One of the controllers now is going flaky on me but yeah old electronics for ya lol. No complaints from the people that bought them off me as well. I remember when I tried to sell it as a lot for $600 and even chip said he would buy then backed out and tried to offer $500. Boing alone in that collection was worth that I found out later lol. I ended up selling Boing for $200 and at that time not realizing it was worth $500+ and the guy that bought it off me ebayed it and got like $600. Oh well I still made over $800 on the collection and still have over $300 in games that I am selling.

f'n demons crest boxed

all your stuff is boxed!

geez dude

that's a really nice collection

Thanks. I try to stick to NM complete in box stuff, but a lot of these games are next to impossible to find like that, especially the scarcer SNES titles. Much, much tougher than comics of that era.

I think I will star a video game collectors thread soon. There seem to be a lot of us and it would be nice to have a place to share pickups and post stuff for trade.

This year I've been focusing on my SNES collection

w5esc.jpg

Some classics in there.

Actraiser is a real hidden gem. Love that game. Ditto with UN Squadron. I remember playing that as an arcade game at the local ice cream place. They also had Final Fight. Played the hell out of both.

Still looking for CIB copies of Battletoads/DD, Final Fight 2 and 3.

Just bought a NM CIB Knights of the Round the other week. Great beat me up. We have similar taste!

Actraiser is such a fun game! It's definitely off the grid for most, I highly recommend it. Both knights of the round and king of dragons are a ton of fun!

w6hls.jpg

this baby is only a few miles from where I work. It's a classic as well.

w6hqg.jpg

one day I hope to own a couple pinball machines as well

I'm all for a retro game thread for sharing insight, trading, and what not.

We do share a very similar taste in games October (thumbs u

I would love to join in discussions on retro gaming.