• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

A early hulk and early yellow suited DDs , well worth the $55 bucks

I read it as $85 -- $30 in tolls for the return trip. Still a major bargain. And what a cool selection of books with pre-hero, early DD, ASM 16, FF 10, Hulk, TOS, TTA, and on and on...

Its $55. $30 total tolls.

I picked up a really awesome eclectic collection (eclection?) the other day about 15 minutes from my house. The main thing that drew me in was the ESB Interview promo record. To my surprise she also had a complete NFL SuperPro Fan Club kit, unused. Then at the end she threw in the records. Needless to say I'm quite stoked with everything, including Ford, Stewart and Daniels autographs along with the Bulloch handwritten letter. The Mr. T bookmark made me chuckle as well. We shot the breeze about Star Wars for a good hour...it was great to meet another fan who grew up in the same era. There were also some vintage Harrison Ford buttons (SW, Indy, BR) but April already scarfed those for her button collection. :lol: Surprised about the Monkees record as it's gone for $100+ on eBay, but I have one Facebook friend who's a freak about those guys and it turned out he's been looking for one "in the wild" for about 30 years. Merry Christmas to him, as I couldn't deny him the glory of owning one. :)

23857242965_29f468e680_o.jpg

23857242785_7fbfb70cdf_o.jpg

23229076834_ae03553353_o.jpg

23831121926_85f00c9da5_o.jpg

23489313249_f2ef87fb39_o.jpg

23831121356_67e6cbc41d_o.jpg

23230420473_160fcbf309_o.jpg

23857240965_416ddf8114_o.jpg

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Here's one I'll share from today. A building manager calls me yesterday from my CL ad and tells me he has about 30 comics from a guy who passed away from his building. I go there today and he gives me a shoe box of comics and tells me to give him $25. He felt bad that I paid $30 in tolls to get there, and told me to take it for free, but I still gave him the $25. Most of the books are in G to VG condition.

The Mad is not the first print. lol

The Foom is in pretty good shape. Really happy with that, because that's a book you don't come across every day.

image%208_zpscowpw8eu.jpeg

image%209_zpsb4b2ym9h.jpeg

Definitely worth the trip.

Here's one I'll share from today. A building manager calls me yesterday from my CL ad and tells me he has about 30 comics from a guy who passed away from his building. I go there today and he gives me a shoe box of comics and tells me to give him $25. He felt bad that I paid $30 in tolls to get there, and told me to take it for free, but I still gave him the $25. Most of the books are in G to VG condition.

The Mad is not the first print. lol

The Foom is in pretty good shape. Really happy with that, because that's a book you don't come across every day.

image%208_zpscowpw8eu.jpeg

image%209_zpsb4b2ym9h.jpeg

You still gave him the $25... How good of you!

the vectrex is awesome

First one I have seen in person

I had one (my dad sold them). had quite a few games, never really caught on cause it was expensive.

I think we had 2 at one point but they got sold off.

I was going to buy one about 10 years ago and they were pretty cheap then, you could also buy an all in one cartridge but that's now changed.

they sell for quite a bit ($200+) and I haven't seen those all in one cartridges anymore (but I'm sure they are still out there)

A few detailed pics. Did not take pictures of the Atari 800, the WW2 newspapers, old Popular Mechanics or the Disney books.

Actually played the vertrex. Not sure what I am going to do with this stuff but I figured better than throwing it in the dumpster( where it was headed )

qx8idt.jpgapfku8.jpg2h4g8bo.jpgfwkl88.jpgzy92zc.jpg2iuf71x.jpg

If you need an Intellivision console to test those games on-- let me know. I have one that works and can test them for you (helps sell them if you test them first and can say they are wokring). IIRC you live in Phoenix also- we met at ciorac's house.

Might even be able to list them on eBay for you if you need someone to handle it (consign kind of thing perhaps). They aren't super fast sellers or huge money but they will sell eventually. At one time, I had over 30 games about a year ago - down to about 4 now. Or just help you test them-- either way. I was about to sell my last console anyway (we had two from when I was a kid).

Never even heard of the Vectrex system.But I am by no means a gamer/game collector either.

I have had a couple of the intellivision consoles over the years. There is only a couple of cartridges and some cards, but a lot of boxes with instructions. They will find there way to someone who needs them at some point. Thanks for the offer.

You guys are lucky... Ottawa's Kijiji (Canadian craigslist) produced this little gem this weekend:

For Collectors

Price $7,500.00

DC Superteam Family Giant, with 2 different covers Apr-May 1976, excellent condition.

He refused to send me a picture, didn't like my attitude... :)

The intellivision will do ok. Takes a bit of time. I did well on the Atari and French/canadian copies of the intellivision. Out of that lot I showed a while back I only have a few intelli games left but did very well. There is people out there still looking for these games.