• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

You suck. I almost pulled the Phantoms from your pile.

No good deed goes unrewarded. All the over 100 double covers I have, I've never pulled one from the wild.

Want to quadruple your money, real quick?

lol

If you really want it back, I guess we can come to terms. It's either that, or I have to start my own double cover collection... hm

Uhoh, might be too late. The Phantom is now snuggled against the Mcfarlane ASM double cover I already have. Two makes a collection so I guess that's that! :insane:

IMG_0501_zpsy6y2vk1b.jpg

You suck. I almost pulled the Phantoms from your pile.

No good deed goes unrewarded. All the over 100 double covers I have, I've never pulled one from the wild.

Want to quadruple your money, real quick?

lol

If you really want it back, I guess we can come to terms. It's either that, or I have to start my own double cover collection... hm

Uhoh, might be too late. The Phantom is now snuggled against the Mcfarlane ASM double cover I already have. Two makes a collection so I guess that's that! :insane:

IMG_0501_zpsy6y2vk1b.jpg

All is not lost, I could be persuaded to take that Spidey double cover off your hands. :baiting:

Had an opportunity to shop some junk stores (ahem "Antique Toy Malls") yesterday for the first time in quite a while. Nothing mind-blowing, but some solid cheap pick-ups.

DC Heroes RPG - This may be missing a couple of books. The box is worn but everything inside looks sharp and unused. It's neat to see the regular DC heroes mixed in with Sandman, Swamp Thing, Watchmen, etc. I understand a complete version is a little pricey. May find a buyer for this or may just hang onto it.

fbc3t0.jpg

Masters of the Universe - These brought back tons of memories. I've been really getting into the MOTU Classics figures again after taking a break for a couple of years, but you can't beat the real thing for nostalgia. Most of these had decent paint and accessories, and at $2 to $3 a piece, (Whiplash and Battle Armor Skeletor were more, around $10) it seemed like a solid buy.

313slue.jpg

Gen 13 set, included the original mini 1-4 (no #5, but I have a zillion copies of that issue anyway. I pick these up whenever I can find them for a buck or less) and all 13 variants of the second series #1, as well as the Brandon Choi signed copy of the chromium variant. $15 seemed more than fair for all of this. They're around VF.

2j48t34.jpg

And I don't spend much time chasing the latest hot modern, but I knew this one was a bargain at $2.

est6av.jpg

Picked up a few random books, including a bunch of Batman PF's for $1 each, an Adam Hughes Spoof Swimsuit issue, etc. It was a fun time. Maybe sometime after the holidays I'll get a chance to get back out there. Until then, gotta save my pennies for Spencer Beck!

Had an opportunity to shop some junk stores (ahem "Antique Toy Malls") yesterday for the first time in quite a while. Nothing mind-blowing, but some solid cheap pick-ups.

DC Heroes RPG - This may be missing a couple of books. The box is worn but everything inside looks sharp and unused. It's neat to see the regular DC heroes mixed in with Sandman, Swamp Thing, Watchmen, etc. I understand a complete version is a little pricey. May find a buyer for this or may just hang onto it.

fbc3t0.jpg

Masters of the Universe - These brought back tons of memories. I've been really getting into the MOTU Classics figures again after taking a break for a couple of years, but you can't beat the real thing for nostalgia. Most of these had decent paint and accessories, and at $2 to $3 a piece, (Whiplash and Battle Armor Skeletor were more, around $10) it seemed like a solid buy.

313slue.jpg

Gen 13 set, included the original mini 1-4 (no #5, but I have a zillion copies of that issue anyway. I pick these up whenever I can find them for a buck or less) and all 13 variants of the second series #1, as well as the Brandon Choi signed copy of the chromium variant. $15 seemed more than fair for all of this. They're around VF.

2j48t34.jpg

And I don't spend much time chasing the latest hot modern, but I knew this one was a bargain at $2.

est6av.jpg

Picked up a few random books, including a bunch of Batman PF's for $1 each, an Adam Hughes Spoof Swimsuit issue, etc. It was a fun time. Maybe sometime after the holidays I'll get a chance to get back out there. Until then, gotta save my pennies for Spencer Beck!

Great pickup on the MOTU when I find them in antique malls or shows the price is almost always $8 minimum with most tagged at $10+. I don't shop for them online so I'm not sure whether it's a good deal or not when I see them, but your deal is solid.

LOVE the signed Chromium Gen13.

Those were only available by BOX SET, right?

Yup, I believe so! This appears to just be a boxed set minus the box. I know Choi is the least valued of the sets (Jim Lee and JSC being the other sets, I believe) but for the price I'm not complaining!

Those MOTU... :cloud9:

Theres a few id love in there for sure!Leech guy,cannot remember his name is a scarce one,luckily I found one at a yard sale this summer.Sweet Beastor and all of them!

Yeah, I was stoked, nearly all of my favorites were there. If they'd had Trapjaw and Teela, I'd have been all set!

Pretty awesome MOTU. Especially at $2-3 with the accessories.

The Prince Adam is usually more desirable. Too bad he doesn't have the hardcore purple sword.

Note: The yellow armor for Beast Man might be from the Battle Packs (still 80s).

Patrick

Last Sunday, I went to board member Shadroch's $.25 cent sale and took home a couple long boxes, including gems such as below a twelve-center double cover! :o

IMG_0499_zpsfa0kfdba.jpg

IMG_0500_zps6aoyxwpm.jpg

Thanks Bill!

Wow, I wish I could have went there, but alas I am stuck in the NW. Great pull. (thumbs u

Those MOTU... :cloud9:

Theres a few id love in there for sure!Leech guy,cannot remember his name is a scarce one,luckily I found one at a yard sale this summer.Sweet Beastor and all of them!

Leech's name is...Leech. :) He's actually one of the more common ones.

Generally the later series releases are the rarer ones...King Randor, Scareglow, Ninjor, Sorceress, etc.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

That cat Shaft is a bad MOTU-

SHUT YO MOUTH [/quoteI actually just today picked up that seven inch single..but no one understands...but my woman...

@Chip...Leeches name is Leech lol

Well,he is difficult around here,the later ones you mentioned are just not on my radar....

On a side note i found a still stinky hippy smell Skunkor that day as well.

Edited by porcupine48