• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

This is one of my favorite threads in General. You never know what will turn up. Cool little pile of old funny books! Sounds like the next pile will be even better. Good luck and post 'em if you get 'em.

I agree! Not long ago someone posted a Batman #2 that looked wicked and with a press appeared to be over a 9.0. Wish I knew if that was ever graded and how it turned out.

This is one of my favorite threads in General. You never know what will turn up. Cool little pile of old funny books! Sounds like the next pile will be even better. Good luck and post 'em if you get 'em.

I agree! Not long ago someone posted a Batman #2 that looked wicked and with a press appeared to be over a 9.0. Wish I knew if that was ever graded and how it turned out.

Foolkiller naturally, I don't know if he ever had it graded but it looked amazing.

this was buried in a golden age box of comics today...there was a 9.0 for $15 probably should have grabbed that one also.

MDS00048_zpswxqpy3jd.jpg

Isn't that the label Bookery uses? Very nice pick up and you should have grabbed the 9.0 and sold it to me for $18.

yeah that's their label...wasn't basically a flea market but it was buried someplace I wasn't expecting it (I was looking for Boy Comics)..I think the 9.0 was $15 before discount. Get there before I go back and you can grab the 9.0...if you can find it :lol:

Edited by krighton

Picked up these Marvel hardcovers for fairly light $$ on my way home from a band rehearsal last night.

The dust jackets on the Avengers and the Marvel 1 reprint are a little worn, but the others look brand-new, and all of the books themselves look and feel unread (bindings are VERY tight).

Anyone know how to tell if the Masterworks are first printings? The copyright pages list the dates of publication as 1987 for the FF & Spidey, 1988 for the Avengers, and 1989 for the Hulk. Other than that, there's not much to go on...

marvel-MW.jpg

Grabbed one more today from the same source:

MW-xmen.jpg

This one is clearly marked as a first print (1993). I'm guessing that some of these are harder to find than others?

Scan the back covers of them please. I think the Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four ones are the "variant" editions - if so, you've hit homers.

Here are the back cover scans, as requested:

mstrwrk1-ASM-bc.jpg

mstrwrk2-FF-bc.jpg

mstrwrk4-Avengers-bc.jpg

mstrwrk8-Hulk-bc.jpg

mstrwrk24-X-Men-bc.jpg

Not a comic but kind of relared. Sorry about the glare.

DSC00416_zps7jnep8gq.jpg

DSC00417_zpsok5uoqfq.jpg

Man, that's COOL. I love stuff like that. I'd be willing to bet that the playing pieces are probably little metal cars.

The game pieces that are with it now are your basic wooden peg type pieces, whether or not those are the originals.........

The original game instructions are still there so im thinking they just might be.

Well tomorrow is Sunday... Living in the Ny area, there are several flea markets I know of and probably more I don't know of. Lots of great stuff turns up on the east coast. Get up early with a tall coffee and a flashlight. If I were out there I'd be up picking the fleas.

The big one in LA is going on tomorrow. I know where I will be at 5:00 AM...

Well tomorrow is Sunday... Living in the Ny area, there are several flea markets I know of and probably more I don't know of. Lots of great stuff turns up on the east coast. Get up early with a tall coffee and a flashlight. If I were out there I'd be up picking the fleas.

The big one in LA is going on tomorrow. I know where I will be at 5:00 AM...

the city of LA has a flea market? That must be an epic event

Took a road trip into PA today with the family, and found these at a local shop:

road-trip-4-17-2016.jpg

The Rom 1 is really nice, as is the G.I. Combat; "Secret Society of Super Villains" is a sentimental favorite (the whole series is also an oft-forgotten source for early, post-Kirby, 4th World/Darkseid stories); and the DC Whitman variants were a nice surprise...

Took a road trip into PA today with the family, and found these at a local shop:

road-trip-4-17-2016.jpg

The Rom 1 is really nice, as is the G.I. Combat; "Secret Society of Super Villains" is a sentimental favorite (the whole series is also an oft-forgotten source for early, post-Kirby, 4th World/Darkseid stories); and the DC Whitman variants were a nice surprise...

:baiting: Any plans with Whithams? Nice score with your finds!

Got these at an auction yesterday....the Mary Marvel is just the box...no watch but still very cool!

image.jpg2_zpsil7ukivn.jpg

image.jpg1_zpszrq2ri9i.jpg

image.jpg3_zpstdqbvqy1.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsqagvvqpe.jpg

Mary Marvel :luhv:

I love yard sale season. Lots of modern books available for pickup this weekend for cheap. Here are some highlights.

Run of Silver Surfer with Infinity Gauntlet storyline.

YardSale-2016-04-16a-thumb.jpg

Didn't realize this was a Whitman Variant at the time, just that the top left didn't look quite right.

YardSale-2016-04-16b-thumb.jpg

You just can't pass up inexpensive Deadpool comics nowadays.

YardSale-2016-04-16d-thumb.jpg

Kinda funny original story. Comic originally came packaged with X-Men DVDs.

YardSale-2016-04-16e-thumb.jpg

Not in great shape, unfortunately.

YardSale-2016-04-16f-thumb.jpg