• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,855 posts in this topic

So I got up real early with the chickens to do some "picking" this morning...

I don't normally buy Dells or Funny Animals much any more but these were so early and so pretty and the gnarly old geezer said "$5.00 each NO DISCOUNTS!" when I enquired.

So I threw him a small pile of dead presidents and scooped up the pile.

I especially like the Terry Toons with the 2nd Mighty Mouse and "Atomic Bomb" golf cover!

comicsventura1_zps3uhdnngn.jpg

Great haul love the duck covers.

Okay, So if you weren't a teen in the 80s you would just not understand how :censored: rocked my world is today. I have landed the holy grail OF the 80s. Meet my original arcade upright dedicated Space Invaders machine. Picked it up just miles from my home. Its works great. Takes quarters or free play. Should blow some minds at my shop in the days and weeks to come. There is a vintage video game store just a few doors down from me and I get so many gamers through my door each day. Everyone should own one of these. :cloud9:

13094267_1066561056741643_6550225404158114440_n_zpszlfuohsz.jpg

I don't normally buy Dells or Funny Animals much any more but these were so early and so pretty and the gnarly old geezer said "$5.00 each NO DISCOUNTS!" when I enquired.

I especially like the Terry Toons with the 2nd Mighty Mouse and "Atomic Bomb" golf cover!

me wants the terry rooms on the bottom,with the telescope..

Nice

Joust was always my game

Something so nostalgic about Space Invaders though. Maybe its just being there at the dawn of Pong on my black & white to the little Mattel handheld football game to the spawning of these uprights pushing out pinball. My next fav would be Asteroids.

Okay, So if you weren't a teen in the 80s you would just not understand how :censored: rocked my world is today. I have landed the holy grail OF the 80s. Meet my original arcade upright dedicated Space Invaders machine. Picked it up just miles from my home. Its works great. Takes quarters or free play. Should blow some minds at my shop in the days and weeks to come. There is a vintage video game store just a few doors down from me and I get so many gamers through my door each day. Everyone should own one of these. :cloud9:

:applause: That is an awesome find. Might have to stop by and take a gander :grin:

Nice

Joust was always my game

Something so nostalgic about Space Invaders though. Maybe its just being there at the dawn of Pong on my black & white to the little Mattel handheld football game to the spawning of these uprights pushing out pinball. My next fav would be Asteroids. METEOR!

FTFY!

There is a classic arcade place 45 minutes from me; I went twice and then they opened one much closer and near a decent LCS. I was going once a week for a while. the further one had Punch Out but the closer one did not. I would do some Asteroids, Pac-man, Space Invaders, Defender and maybe one or two others. And some pinball but I never found a great machine (I want Captain Fantastic Elton John pinball above all others, then Sinbad.) I would probably have kept going but the buttons on Defender wouldn't work very well and were repaired too infrequently for me. I would enjoy getting good at that game again but it is impossible if certain buttons don't fire immediately.

I could still do some Crazy Climber, Tutkamen, etc. though at the drop of a hat.

Nice

Joust was always my game

Something so nostalgic about Space Invaders though. Maybe its just being there at the dawn of Pong on my black & white to the little Mattel handheld football game to the spawning of these uprights pushing out pinball. My next fav would be Asteroids. METEOR!

FTFY!

There is a classic arcade place 45 minutes from me; I went twice and then they opened one much closer and near a decent LCS. I was going once a week for a while. the further one had Punch Out but the closer one did not. I would do some Asteroids, Pac-man, Space Invaders, Defender and maybe one or two others. And some pinball but I never found a great machine (I want Captain Fantastic Elton John pinball above all others, then Sinbad.) I would probably have kept going but the buttons on Defender wouldn't work very well and were repaired too infrequently for me. I would enjoy getting good at that game again but it is impossible if certain buttons don't fire immediately.

I could still do some Crazy Climber, Tutkamen, etc. though at the drop of a hat.

I could see my shop morphing into an arcade. Oh that would be so nuts.

Nice

Joust was always my game

FTFY!

I could see my shop morphing into an arcade. Oh that would be so nuts.

Be careful--a lot of municipalities still have VERY archaic laws about having video and pinball games, and having to purchase licenses if you are accepting payment. If you look around, you'll see stamps and stickers on many old machines. More than one idealistic pinball or video enthusiast has been nailed with fines.

Nice :applause: wasted many a quarter on Space Invaders and Galaga

Those are nice :applause: and the truck isn't bad either

Edited by Azkaban