• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Like I said, I hate lowballers, especially the ones who brag about it...

Well, thats really a shame. Im sure if you knew me personally, you'd think otherwise :(

I show 1 example of a great purchase and I am now a hated braggart lowballer.

I suppose Ill have to find some way of living that down.... :sorry:

Well, thats really a shame. Im sure if you knew me personally, you'd think otherwise :(

I don't think anyone would have a "problem" if you pulled this out of a $0.50 bin and just paid the asking price.

I think what some are taking issue with is that it was ALREADY a "steal" of a price and you felt the need to haggle over a quarter when you knew the book was worth hundreds of dollars.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Sell the Venom to me cheap, then you won't have to worry about it.

I have thought VERY HARD about doubling my investment; my financial advisor said I should holdout for a more substantial return.......and a round at 3Floyds ?

I know Bradley has done many charitable things for me over the past few years involving comics. Whether it's donating his time and effort to help me close a deal on a book or books that he saw no benefit from, to selling me books at a certain grade knowing they could easily grade higher and be worth twice as much, or just being a soundboard for all of the vapid questions I've bounced off him over the years.

I don't think anyone would have a "problem" if you pulled this out of a $0.50 bin and just paid the asking price.

I think what some are taking issue with is that it was ALREADY a "steal" of a price and you felt the need to haggle over a quarter when you knew the book was worth hundreds of dollars.

To be honest, there shouldnt BE a problem regarding how much was paid for the book; the seller was content selling a volume of books at a discount of his asking price and the transaction was concluded amicably.

To be honest, there shouldnt BE a problem regarding how much was paid for the book; the seller was content selling a volume of books at a discount of his asking price and the transaction was concluded amicably.

When's your next sales thread? Maybe we should all agree not to buy anything unless it's half off.

Although this was picked up at a small local con, I thought Id show off a bit...

.25, haggled down from .50.....

image.jpeg

It was like finding a Golden Ticket!!!!

:banana:

Just curious - why did you haggle this down?

And again - WHY did you haggle this down?

hm

I don't know if this counts... but on Father's Day, while visiting my folks, my gift to my dad was to get my junk out of his basement. I got about 1/3 of it into my VW.

This is about 1/3-1/2 of my old GI Joe's. I told him I'd get the balance out of there by next weekend.

3870ABCE-377A-4184-95C2-332A4AF9F90B_zpsgwm6funp.jpg

So call this the "flea market of stuff forgotten in my parents basementf" find.

The Defiant space shuttle & the General tank thing were the only big things I took. Don't have the Flagg but have a lot of other big vehicles sitting there to still bring home.

Although this was picked up at a small local con, I thought Id show off a bit...

image.jpeg

hm

Man, can you people not read? "the seller was content selling a volume of books at a discount of his asking price"

Brad bought a lot of books for .25 each, instead of .50. This is just not a big freakin' deal except for the hypocrites here. If you were buying a short box, and the seller wanted .50 each and you wanted .25, are you going to tell me you would not haggle? Get over yourselves and stop whining.

And yes, I do hope I come across a ragged copy of Action 1 at a garage sale for $5. I'd keep it, never sell it, and sleep peacefully at night, knowing I didn't flip it.

I'm jellyfish. Love the Joes.

Patrick

I'm probably going to sell most of them. I just don't have the space even in my nerd room for them. And my other spare room is going to be under construction in the not too distant future while I gut it & hang new drywall & turn it into a full spare bedroom

image.jpeg

I understand getting a deal. i believe as a seller, you should know what you have too. but to find a book like this for peanuts, and then STILL want a better deal is pretty foul.

Why is it assumed that it's the responsibility of the buyer to educate the seller? As a seller, if you can't take the time to educate yourself about what you're selling (internet makes it so easy!), then you've kind of 'made your own bed' on that one...

If only there was some source that a person could go to to get a description and potential value of nearly any item in the world. If only it was free and available to anyone willing to put in the time to look for information on an item they own and choose to sell at a price which they also choose.

if only people were decent enough to NOT wanna rip off each other. at .50, you DO NOT ask for a better price. that's low. and both of you REALLY should read my post before replying. i even stated that sellers should know what they have, but also every seller can't know every book. Edited by Hawkman

Sorry if I missed that detail...I originally thought it was a single book purchase, not as part of a volume of books. Nice find.

if you had bought the book for .50 cents, that would have been fine, as that was the seller's asking price. if you had then posted your deal, that too would have been ok (at least with me). but when you get something for a STEAL and you know it's because the seller didn't price it right, don't haggle. just buy it, and enjoy it. it's just bad form. doesn't make you a horrible person, just in many opinions a bad decision.

image.jpeg

hm

Man, can you people not read? "the seller was content selling a volume of books at a discount of his asking price"

Brad bought a lot of books for .25 each, instead of .50. This is just not a big freakin' deal except for the hypocrites here. If you were buying a short box, and the seller wanted .50 each and you wanted .25, are you going to tell me you would not haggle? Get over yourselves and stop whining.

And yes, I do hope I come across a ragged copy of Action 1 at a garage sale for $5. I'd keep it, never sell it, and sleep peacefully at night, knowing I didn't flip it.

then MAYBE he should have been clearer on that. that's his fault. he posted it as if he had been offered .50 cents for THAT book and haggled it down to .25 cents. and you clearly don't know what a hypocrite is. Edited by Hawkman