• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Went with a friend to the artist Larry Elmore's home yesterday. Had a great time meeting him and listening to stories and I just had to bring back a few things.

Red%20Sonja_zpsh3i2yixr.jpg

Larry%20Elmore_zpslsxazxem.jpg

Went with a friend to the artist Larry Elmore's home yesterday. Had a great time meeting him and listening to stories and I just had to bring back a few things.

Hey, that's great.

I loved all his Dragonlance art. How is Mr. Elmore doing these days?

My kid and I got up early this morning, and made our 8th Annual Father's Day Junket/Junk-Run to various flea markets and antique malls. We had a grand old time, as always, and the comics picking wasn't all that bad, either!

• A short stack of "diamond/Whitman" Marvels...

01-diamonds_zpspoq7vnw3.jpg

• Various cheap readers; a few books for my personal 1970-1980 Marvel collection; a DC Whitman variant; and a high grade 1994 J.C. Penney "2nd printing" of Sub-Mariner #8...

02-misc-comics_zps7jgnmgts.jpg

• Some cool vintage beach reading...

03-paperbacks_zpsu4jzwaf6.jpg

• Odds and ends: a vintage Bert puzzle (being a Bert collector is a lonely road, my friends); an inked '90s version of the Jack Kirby sketchbook that Greg Theakston first published in the late '80s (featuring reproductions of Jack's original '70s pencil drawings); and a (relatively) scarce first pressing of the only 1968 Harry Nilsson album personally endorsed by John Lennon...

04-odds-and-ends_zpswvka6xmb.jpg

• And, finally, the find of the day:

MTiO-28-variant_zpsngalmmie.jpg

A good time was had by all!

Awesome! Larry is a cool guy and he does beautiful stuff. I have his Bettie Page barbarian print hanging in my office.

Is he still in the Leitchfield area? I get down that way about once a month during the summer. Nice little town.

Yes he's still in Leitchfield. Saw that Bettie Page you're talking about loved that also.