• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

i dont care about the haggling, but if it was me I'd have just bought it (as part of the bunch)

why?

cause you know what the dealer (almost) always does when you haggle? he looks at the books again. he thinks about the books for a second.

and all of that is a opportunity for him to either decide "oh that book shouldn't be in the 50 cent bin" or something.

So you walk up, say they came from the 50 cent bin, you pay, and you leave.

There's a local out here selling a comic collection. It's all the ridiculous 90's , and of course he wants $400 for 50 comics.

One of them is an issue of RAW though. I offered him $40 just for that, he said no, he wants to sell it as a lot. He's been trying for months

Guess he'll keep trying for many more months to come.

I'd like to give up a portion of my raw collection, but I don't because I know it's worth a great f all

Some people just need a lot of time to clue in

In reference to the venom book , I would probably not have told the seller it might be worth hundreds only because that book (and only talking about this book) is notorious for counterfeits . I would not have wanted to tell the fella it may be a $500 book, have to give him $150 and send it in to CGC and get it back as a fake. Now as for asking for a discount on 50 cents . I would have just paid the 50 cents but we are not talking about the book selling for $20 and asking for a 10 $ discount. I also would never come into the forum to say it either. Best to always keep prices out of it. Just say you got a deal.

:facepalm:

Read the posts, you dolts. It was a volume buy.

That detail was NOT known from the initial post, not until page 693...Read the posts you _____. :foryou:

Exactly. The original post made it sound like it was in a .50 box and the buyer offered .25 instead. lol

And again - WHY did you haggle this down?

hm

Man, can you people not read? "the seller was content selling a volume of books at a discount of his asking price"

Brad bought a lot of books for .25 each, instead of .50. This is just not a big freakin' deal except for the hypocrites here. If you were buying a short box, and the seller wanted .50 each and you wanted .25, are you going to tell me you would not haggle? Get over yourselves and stop whining.

And yes, I do hope I come across a ragged copy of Action 1 at a garage sale for $5. I'd keep it, never sell it, and sleep peacefully at night, knowing I didn't flip it.

I read his first SIX posts which never mentioned "volume of books":

His 1st post was about haggling down a 50cent book down to 25cents... and no mention of it being part of a bulk-sale:

Although this was picked up at a small local con, I thought Id show off a bit...

.25, haggled down from .50.....

image.jpeg

It was like finding a Golden Ticket!!!!

:banana:

FIVE posts later from him and he still doesn't mention anything about it being a bulk-buy even in response to criticism of buyers bragging about lowballing:

Like I said, I hate lowballers, especially the ones who brag about it...

Well, thats really a shame. Im sure if you knew me personally, you'd think otherwise :(

I show 1 example of a great purchase and I am now a hated braggart lowballer.

I suppose Ill have to find some way of living that down.... :sorry:

It's not until SEVEN posts later that he first mentions that his "golden ticket" was part of a "volume of books":

Well, thats really a shame. Im sure if you knew me personally, you'd think otherwise :(

I don't think anyone would have a "problem" if you pulled this out of a $0.50 bin and just paid the asking price.

I think what some are taking issue with is that it was ALREADY a "steal" of a price and you felt the need to haggle over a quarter when you knew the book was worth hundreds of dollars.

To be honest, there shouldnt BE a problem regarding how much was paid for the book; the seller was content selling a volume of books at a discount of his asking price and the transaction was concluded amicably.

Context is important - "Hey look! I got this as part of a bulk-buy for only 25cents!"

Instead of implying that you apparently haggled a single 50cent key down to 25cents, and were bragging about it.

Clear Communication... learn it, live it, love it. meh

I wouldn't put much value on what anyone around here thinks about you, I don't. As soon as you have something they want at the right price all will be forgiven.

I wouldn't put much value on what anyone around here thinks about you, I don't. As soon as you have something they want at the right price all will be forgiven.

butt-kisser

butt-kisser

I know, its so embarrassing.

Nice to see you BTW. :hi:

butt-kisser

backatcha. so tempted to write "GFY" but will resist. but you know the old-timers are thinking it!!1!!

butt-kisser

backatcha. so tempted to write "GFY" but will resist. but you know the old-timers are thinking it!!1!!

"Thinking" it? More like "can't type with one hand because they're doing it. :devil:

And again - WHY did you haggle this down?

hm

Man, can you people not read? "the seller was content selling a volume of books at a discount of his asking price"

Brad bought a lot of books for .25 each, instead of .50. This is just not a big freakin' deal except for the hypocrites here. If you were buying a short box, and the seller wanted .50 each and you wanted .25, are you going to tell me you would not haggle? Get over yourselves and stop whining.

And yes, I do hope I come across a ragged copy of Action 1 at a garage sale for $5. I'd keep it, never sell it, and sleep peacefully at night, knowing I didn't flip it.

I read his first SIX posts which never mentioned "volume of books":

His 1st post was about haggling down a 50cent book down to 25cents... and no mention of it being part of a bulk-sale:

Although this was picked up at a small local con, I thought Id show off a bit...

.25, haggled down from .50.....

image.jpeg

It was like finding a Golden Ticket!!!!

:banana:

FIVE posts later from him and he still doesn't mention anything about it being a bulk-buy even in response to criticism of buyers bragging about lowballing:

It's not until SEVEN posts later that he first mentions that his "golden ticket" was part of a "volume of books":

I don't think anyone would have a "problem" if you pulled this out of a $0.50 bin and just paid the asking price.

I think what some are taking issue with is that it was ALREADY a "steal" of a price and you felt the need to haggle over a quarter when you knew the book was worth hundreds of dollars.

To be honest, there shouldnt BE a problem regarding how much was paid for the book; the seller was content selling a volume of books at a discount of his asking price and the transaction was concluded amicably.

Context is important - "Hey look! I got this as part of a bulk-buy for only 25cents!"

Instead of implying that you apparently haggled a single 50cent key down to 25cents, and were bragging about it.

Clear Communication... learn it, live it, love it. meh

:golfclap:

Some of my other recent pickups. All out of dollar or 50 cent bins.

27D2FD68-15B8-4247-A779-EAB1E86AC166_zpspemeo5ih.jpg

071214BE-87BE-4E51-B888-3BE8707079EC_zps4wgfk6ht.jpg

C3AFD2E8-5F05-40CA-8BE7-1224ED4C3CCD_zps5wd8jfdp.jpg

14C124A0-9616-4FF9-B0C7-462B8BF184FB_zpsx1tmzr4c.jpg

Nothing earth-shattering. But a lot of $5-$20 books mixed in there. And I picked up the whole run of Agent X for $12. Nothing special, but it was a 1-stop-shoping to pick up a whole run that was on my shopping list to eventually get. And that X-23 variant seems to be gaining some steam. I already had 1 but for 50 cents, I couldn't say no.