• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,869 posts in this topic

there were prices on some of the sleeves from original purchase - but they were just asking $1 for any issue. Gambit did not have a price tag. They had the gold Marvel Age of Apocalypse TPBs for the same $1 each. I left those behind, but probably should have picked them up, too.

THAT IS A BIG STEAL!!!

Gambit #1 Gold can be sold between $50 to $600 in depending on the condition.

Lady Death #1 Gold isn't strong in dollars but $1 is bargain.

Is that new on the Gambit 1 gold? I picked up a couple out of a cheap-o box a few years ago and looked them up and the value seemed to be about $7-10 for VF copies so I decided to age them more. or maybe I'm totally misremembering.

there were prices on some of the sleeves from original purchase - but they were just asking $1 for any issue. Gambit did not have a price tag. They had the gold Marvel Age of Apocalypse TPBs for the same $1 each. I left those behind, but probably should have picked them up, too.

THAT IS A BIG STEAL!!!

Gambit #1 Gold can be sold between $50 to $600 in depending on the condition.

Lady Death #1 Gold isn't strong in dollars but $1 is bargain.

Is that new on the Gambit 1 gold? I picked up a couple out of a cheap-o box a few years ago and looked them up and the value seemed to be about $7-10 for VF copies so I decided to age them more. or maybe I'm totally misremembering.

Since about the time the movie talks started.

Nothing huge but not bad for 8 bucks at the flea market. Adam Hughes, Power Girl, Dave Stevens, DC Bombshell, Gamestop exclusive, SLG, old school valiant and a Marvel Legends reprint.

Sorry, there weren't any transformers around! I picked up some old school slu's but no one care's about 1989 NFL these days :foryou:

b8d50b8e-36df-48d4-b525-8120f27c8ca0_zps31fxveuh.jpg

IMG_20160704_165207957_zpsz8ixcd6l.jpg

Gone to Rosemont?

Not this time, went to the Wilmot flea market in Wisconsin for the first time ever. Interesting trip haha!

If I can't get to a yard sale with comics I post it on my Facebook group in hopes that one of the members can get there. I posted two of them last night. Here is what one member found at one of them.

The Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight and Dazzlers look like they've never been read. Wonder Woman 1 has a little spine wear.

He spent $13.

comics2_zpskiacwgou.jpg

comics3_zpsogd4lnxa.jpg

If I can't get to a yard sale with comics I post it on my Facebook group in hopes that one of the members can get there. I posted two of them last night. Here is what one member found at one of them.

The Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight and Dazzlers look like they've never been read. Wonder Woman 1 has a little spine wear.

He spent $13.

comics2_zpskiacwgou.jpg

comics3_zpsogd4lnxa.jpg

Looks like a good $13.01 worth of stuff.

He spent $13.

comics2_zpskiacwgou.jpg

Is the Famous 1st Edition TEC 27 the softcover or HC edition?

I snagged a couple EC beaters at a garage sale this morning - Weird Fantasy 27 and Crime SuspenStories 23!

I love finding Golden Age books in the wild!

EC's at a GARAGE SALE? Wow I don't think that has ever happed to me. Where do YOU go to garage sales?

Rose Bowl Sunday! 2nd weekend of the month. Got up with the crows, cuppa joe and flashlight in hand looking for the "worm".

It was a little light today. Got a couple nice oil cans and a cool kids giveaway beanie that was given away at a DeSoto and Pontiac dealership. Good sellers at shows.

Fished these two out of a dollar box. Nothing like a tied up girl to wake you up in the morning...

pulplifestory_zpsix4snw86.jpg

pulpcrimedetective_zpsxwb33igm.jpg

But this was a rare find! It's a very large store display unit from Kelloggs in 1959. Great cross collecting piece for cereal and car collectors. Will look great in my next show booth and sell VERY quickly for a tidy profit! These are the things I get up early for...

kelloggsign1_zpsfxkdvfnr.jpg

I snagged a couple EC beaters at a garage sale this morning - Weird Fantasy 27 and Crime SuspenStories 23!

I love finding Golden Age books in the wild!

EC's at a GARAGE SALE? Wow I don't think that has ever happed to me. Where do YOU go to garage sales?

Here they are in all their beater glory....

IMG_0714_zpsilfigvio.jpg

IMG_0713_zpsly2kyhyr.jpg

He kept the couple issues of Two Fisted Tales that he also had. But I did get a handful of low grade Silver Age DCs - two Adventures, two Supermans and a Wonder Woman (the one with her strapped to the rocket), along with a dozen of the magazine sized Cochran EC reprints from the 80s (EC Classics). Also got a Creepy and four issues of Eerie. Not too shabby for $50!

I tag/garage sale here in the NY metro area where I've lived for the past 30 years. I only hit up the sales that specifically say they have comics. Sometimes that can be as many as 6-10 different sales on a Saturday morning so I have to prioritize by distance from the home. As some here can attest, I kill it in the copper/modern area, but the Golden Age books are much less frequent a find!

I tag/garage sale here in the NY metro area where I've lived for the past 30 years. I only hit up the sales that specifically say they have comics. Sometimes that can be as many as 6-10 different sales on a Saturday morning so I have to prioritize by distance from the home. As some here can attest, I kill it in the copper/modern area, but the Golden Age books are much less frequent a find!

A guy I know, yesterday, found a BA 12 for 50 cents at a yard sale that did not list comic books.

Maybe you need to re-prioritize

IMG_4762.jpg

Maybe you need to re-prioritize

IMG_4762.jpg

Nothing like that in garage sales out here :applause: