• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

yes Rosemont

yes Mad Magazine reprint 1972

I don't think the seller will come back, do you think so? I just checked GPAnalysis for that Marvel Mystery Comics #34 for either 3.0 or 4.0. The 4.0 copy was sold for $534. $800 for that copy was reasonable but the seller blew him off.

The seller is someone who sells video games all the time

He said these were from his father but I'm not sure what to believe as the rest of the box had a few magna at the end.

I told him to get them graded to maximize his value or consign them with an auction house.

I'd likely be haggling with him for hours after doing a page count.

I remember one meeting with an Antique dealer who had a nice run of All Star Comics, (roughly issues 17-42 ) early Wonder Woman and a few issues of Contact. After some small talk and combing through the issues, I found out almost every book had a missing page or centerfold. Every issue of All Star comics had torn out pages. I told him I couldn't pay him close to the VG-Fine Overstreet prices because of the missing pages. His reply was. "Well have you ever seen a Wonder Woman 10 or All Star 18 before?" I can only drop the price 10%"

I walked out with a complete Wonder Woman 11 and an very nice VF issue of Contact 10.

Best of my finds at garage sales last weekend for $1 each. I thought i was going to get lucky with a NM98 when I found the early X-Force, but not this time.

The Lady Death's came from a seller that said these were bought by a grandmother/grandson collecting duo that lost interest. They had a half of cheesy 90's pinup stuff like this, Glory, Vampirella, etc - seems like odd stuff for the two of them to buy together.

CmhalBLWAAE6M0e.jpg

CmhaotQWcAAhtLp.jpg

yes Rosemont

yes Mad Magazine reprint 1972

I don't think the seller will come back, do you think so? I just checked GPAnalysis for that Marvel Mystery Comics #34 for either 3.0 or 4.0. The 4.0 copy was sold for $534. $800 for that copy was reasonable but the seller blew him off.

The seller is someone who sells video games all the time

He said these were from his father but I'm not sure what to believe as the rest of the box had a few magna at the end.

I told him to get them graded to maximize his value or consign them with an auction house.

His reply?

Gene's and Jude's

That is 7 miles from Allstate Arena and 4 miles from Donald E Stephens Convention Center (Wizard World Comic Con). Just drive south on River Road. Sounds yummy to me. Never ate at that place but I will try it after the show next month.

Johnnie's Beef isn't too far either, on North Ave. in Elmwood Park. Also worth the trip.

Bought all 2016 passes a week after 2015 WW Chicago Con for only $73. I can try both places in two days.

Edited by JollyComics

Best of my finds at garage sales last weekend for $1 each. I thought i was going to get lucky with a NM98 when I found the early X-Force, but not this time.

CmhaotQWcAAhtLp.jpg

Gambit #1 Gold for $1 is an incredible pickup.

Did you notice $40 on Lady Death? Just wondered what were prices on both Gold copies?

Question... Do folks find that there are more buried treasure opportunities in rural areas than urban metropolitan areas?

So, in New York, Los Angeles, Sam Francisco, Philadelphia, Chicago, etc it is more like finding needles in a haystack vs going to Fairfield, Iowa and the like to hunt the garage sales, swap meets, etc?

Question... Do folks find that there are more buried treasure opportunities in rural areas than urban metropolitan areas?

So, in New York, Los Angeles, Sam Francisco, Philadelphia, Chicago, etc it is more like finding needles in a haystack vs going to Fairfield, Iowa and the like to hunt the garage sales, swap meets, etc?

No, just gotta go out and look (thumbs u

2c

The Lady Death's came from a seller that said these were bought by a grandmother/grandson collecting duo that lost interest. They had a half of cheesy 90's pinup stuff like this, Glory, Vampirella, etc - seems like odd stuff for the two of them to buy together.

CmhalBLWAAE6M0e.jpg

CmhaotQWcAAhtLp.jpg

:applause:

there were prices on some of the sleeves from original purchase - but they were just asking $1 for any issue. Gambit did not have a price tag. They had the gold Marvel Age of Apocalypse TPBs for the same $1 each. I left those behind, but probably should have picked them up, too.

Saw an ad for Star Wars and GI Joe figures at a local yard sale. I went a little late and didn't see any in the boxes on the driveway. I asked the guy there if he had any left, and was told what we got is what we got. So I looked again...nothing. Then another guy asked what I was looking for. I said the ad mentioned Star Wars and GI Joe. He says yup, I have a lot of that inside. He wasn't lying. He had stuff all other the place. He said to take few pictures and call later with an offer. I thought about it all day and eventually texted an amount I really didn't think he'd take. But he did. I went right over and the haul filled the back seat of my car.

YardSale-2016-07-02-toys-e-thumb.jpg

Sorted through and cataloged all the Transformers figures. About 33 Transformers, 19 of them complete. Most have either their box or card back.

Transformers_Thumb.jpg

there were prices on some of the sleeves from original purchase - but they were just asking $1 for any issue. Gambit did not have a price tag. They had the gold Marvel Age of Apocalypse TPBs for the same $1 each. I left those behind, but probably should have picked them up, too.

THAT IS A BIG STEAL!!!

Gambit #1 Gold can be sold between $50 to $600 in depending on the condition.

Lady Death #1 Gold isn't strong in dollars but $1 is bargain.

Saw an ad for Star Wars and GI Joe figures at a local yard sale. I went a little late and didn't see any in the boxes on the driveway. I asked the guy there if he had any left, and was told what we got is what we got. So I looked again...nothing. Then another guy asked what I was looking for. I said the ad mentioned Star Wars and GI Joe. He says yup, I have a lot of that inside. He wasn't lying. He had stuff all other the place. He said to take few pictures and call later with an offer. I thought about it all day and eventually texted an amount I really didn't think he'd take. But he did. I went right over and the haul filled the back seat of my car.

YardSale-2016-07-02-toys-e-thumb.jpg

Sorted through and cataloged all the Transformers figures. About 33 Transformers, 19 of them complete. Most have either their box or card back.

Transformers_Thumb.jpg

Dude, I am so jealous!!!

Congrats on that dreamy Transformers lot find! I have been trying to stumble across something like that since I was a kid. Did you get them for an amazing price, market value, or somewhere in between?

Nothing huge but not bad for 8 bucks at the flea market. Adam Hughes, Power Girl, Dave Stevens, DC Bombshell, Gamestop exclusive, SLG, old school valiant and a Marvel Legends reprint.

Sorry, there weren't any transformers around! I picked up some old school slu's but no one care's about 1989 NFL these days :foryou:

b8d50b8e-36df-48d4-b525-8120f27c8ca0_zps31fxveuh.jpg

IMG_20160704_165207957_zpsz8ixcd6l.jpg

Edited by kolmaravenue

Nothing huge but not bad for 8 bucks at the flea market. Adam Hughes, Power Girl, Dave Stevens, DC Bombshell, Gamestop exclusive, SLG, old school valiant and a Marvel Legends reprint.

Sorry, there weren't any transformers around! I picked up some old school slu's but no one care's about 1989 NFL these days :foryou:

b8d50b8e-36df-48d4-b525-8120f27c8ca0_zps31fxveuh.jpg

IMG_20160704_165207957_zpsz8ixcd6l.jpg

Gone to Rosemont?

Not out here. We went a couple decades with no comic stores at all. Very few collectors. The swap meets never have comics. Thrift stores never have comics. Yard sales never have comics. Craigslist always has about ten listings, but always those ridiculously overpriced drek listings. Once in a great while I can pick up something cool, almost never anything valuable though. Got a nice box of Archie digests for a dollar each. I'd probably have trouble making my money back on that purchase, but I wanted them. Oh, once a local guy sold me about 30 issues of Walking Dead for cheap. Nothing crazy, no #1's for a dollar or anything, but a long (slightly incomplete) run of about #15-#45 for $60 or so. I made a nice profit off that.

I did find three issues of RAW locally for well under eBay prices, and bought out a couple collections and did well on, but this is over the span of about eight years of watching the local sales.

Edited by dupont2005

Congrats on that dreamy Transformers lot find! I have been trying to stumble across something like that since I was a kid. Did you get them for an amazing price, market value, or somewhere in between?

Price was very good. I didn't realize there were this many Transformers when I bought the lot. He had stuff all over and I didn't even know exactly how much stuff was included. When I came back to buy the lot, he had it mostly packed up, so it wasn't until I got home that I realized there were a bunch of Transformers in a shoebox with a ziplock bag of weapons. At the time, I was mostly interested in the Joes. I'm still sorting through those.