• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

• And, finally, the find of the day:

MTiO-28-variant_zpsngalmmie.jpg

:applause:(worship)

Price variant? (shrug)

Edit: just saw 1Cool's post. Seems so. So what's it worth?

35 cent price variant. Worth a lot more than he paid for it, whatever he paid.

Price variant? (shrug)

Y'know, it's weird: I was actually more excited at the time about finding the beat-up Barks Four Color for next to nothing in the same box as the price variant... :insane:

Okay so my son is a 100% die-hard Star Trek fan (especially TOS) and everyone who knows him knows it.

So one of his friend's relatives had a ST collection and they asked if my son wanted some of it because they're downsizing and just don't have room any more for all of it.

When my son said "how much do you want for it?" they said "Nothing, just make a donation to the school's band" (because my son's friend is in band and they're sorely underfunded by the school) which we of course did.

So............ here's most of what they gave him :o

20160620_173554-1_zpsvsp127il.jpg

20160620_175147_zpsatpb5lbx.jpg

20160620_173430-1_zps45xxjr5z.jpg

20160620_175212_zpsvw1wnz1z.jpg

20160620_175013_zpsrrum4g7k.jpg

20160620_175400_zpsauenxoid.jpg

20160620_181740_zpshxre4iiq.jpg

20160620_181730_zps1lpzigjz.jpg

20160620_181818_zpsgbegmdqz.jpg

20160620_173515_zpsnejmesfk.jpg

And there's still some other stuff not pictured too!

Both me and my son were :cloud9:

Price variant? (shrug)

Y'know, it's weird: I was actually more excited at the time about finding the beat-up Barks Four Color for next to nothing in the same box as the price variant... :insane:

I was kinda thinking the same thing...

That is very cool. I've never seen that one before. Does it have any manufacturer markings? Does it say where it was made? Looks like a lot of Mexican or South American toys I've seen.

Here's one that I have:

batmobile_zpsc0da4952.jpg

its an ALPS from Japan. Some serious stuff here. I'm digging through a massive amount of stuff. I rented a 15ft uhaul box truck and packed it to the ceiling and wasn't enough room. I've counted about 500 Hotwheels Redlines so far. That was his biggest fancy, cars and cars and cars. And all sizes. He also loved Flintstones. I am having a blast. Some very rare and unseen gems here

Alps is a famous manufacturer from Japan. I'm a little surprised I've never seen one. Then, I don't specifically collect Batman stuff.

Wow, sounds amazing. I've bought a few nice collections over the years but never that much at one time. Did the collector pass away?

Alps is a famous manufacturer from Japan. I'm a little surprised I've never seen one. Then, I don't specifically collect Batman stuff.

Wow, sounds amazing. I've bought a few nice collections over the years but never that much at one time. Did the collector pass away?

yes he passed recently. He was from Ohio as a teen. I saw that his subscription to the Hotwheels newsletter was addressed there. He later married and moved to MA I suspect. He was 59 and actively buying up until his death, I see funko Pops of characters he loved.

Wow, that's a shame. 59 is pretty young. I'm sure he'd be happy to know that the stuff he loved will find their way into other collector's hands who will appreciate them.

There have been several large troves of stuff turn up at flea markets in the past year or so out here that were found in dumpsters. Seems the families didn't know or care and just dumped it all. As recently as last week, a dealer I know came across a dumpster full of old girly and pin-up magazines like this, He was smart enough to offer the family a fair price for the rest. A sad tale that has gone on forever. Think what would have become of the Church collection if Chuckles had not answered his phone...