• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,861 posts in this topic

I drove about 2 hours for my only Craigslist buy. I told my wife if the area looked sketchy, I would keep driving and go home. As I got closer to the guy's house, all the houses started turning into three and four story houses with huge yards. My apprehension eased. lol

Next time use google maps and street view to see the area prior to making the drive. That will help you find the place as well as let you know what to expect without getting into the car.

Or use Deckard's photo enhancing machine

i can't bring myself to do craigslist. with my luck the first one i go out and visit chops my head off with a machette.

lol

An old "Benny Hill" sketch from my youth has imparted great wisdom that is applicable for wide variety of situations. In it, Benny Hill says, "There is a one in a million chance of there being a bomb on your plane. There is a million times a million in one chance of there being two bombs on your plane. So lower your chances and always bring a bomb."

My point is, if you show up with a severed head and a machete, your odds of survival should increase.

can you guys change the subject? You're scaring potential customers from my sale and I haven't been able to sever a head in weeks

Was your sale featuring Greggy's severed head on your table? Maybe that is why you have trouble reeling potential customers in.

:whistle:

can you guys change the subject? You're scaring potential customers from my sale and I haven't been able to sever a head in weeks

Was your sale featuring Greggy's severed head on your table? Maybe that is why you have trouble reeling potential customers in.

I heard he scored this gem:

crime_suspenstories_22.jpg

I heard he scored this gem:

crime_suspenstories_22.jpg

took me a while but ---- nice!

As follow-up to my Transformers post, here's the GI Joe portion of the purchase. It may be hard to see in the picture, but the lot included (some complete, many mostly complete):

Buzz Boar

MOBAT (Motorized Battle Tank)

Persuader (tank)

Conquest X-30 (airplane)

Polar Battle Bear (Skimobile)

Cobra F.A.N.G. (A Fully Armed Negator Gyrocopter)

Cobra H.I.S.S. (High Speed Sentry)

Dragonfly XH-1 (Assault Copter)

S.N.A.K.E. (Battle Armor)

Bivouac

Twin Battle Gun

RAM (Rapid Fire Motorcycle)

Cobra Jet Pack

Air Skiff

S.H.A.R.C. (Submersible High-Speed Attack and Reconnaissance Craft)

Moray (Hydrofoil)

Skystriker [XP-14F] (Combat Jet)

Cobra Night Raven S³P

GIJoe-All-thumb.jpg

I'm almost done cataloging. There were some random Star Wars, GoBots, Centurians, Starriors, and other stuff. I still have some random weapons and vehicle parts to sort out.

There's a place in my town that the city set up right by the police department, courthouse, etc. called a Swap Spot or something like that. There's a sign downtown people can meet with security cameras and all that in the area.
That's cool. I use the Chipotle near my house, but that would be even better.

Buyer contacted me as he was getting out of collecting. We arranged to meet today. Buyer wanted me to look at some comics and toys. Normally, I only "deal" in comics but I have bought a few toys/related items and statues from time to time but this is by far my biggest toy score. Most of the comics were late 90's early 2000's and anything good he was either keeping, sold already or didn't have.

This is what I closed a deal on this evening and just finished unpacking it all not too long ago.

Boxes_zpsaecqraa4.jpg

Legends%20Mixed_zpshl9us39h.jpg

Legends20Series20220and203_zpsloqb3lqb.jpg

Legends%20Series%206_zpsgxrcqmjk.jpg

Marvel%20Legends%20Cable%20and%20Deadpool_zpsl2kvsrxs.jpg

Spidey%20Classic%201_zpsplamxoqi.jpg

Spidey20Classic202_zpswzmyk5cp.jpg

Legends20Series20420720and208_zpskjhlxfbq.jpg

Marvel20Legends20Galactus20Complete20Set_zpssyz8cfml.jpg

Figures were a little dusty (cleaned now), but are complete and unopened with minimal shelf wear. Pretty happy with the Cable and Deadpool and the complete Galactus Build a Figure Set.

As follow-up to my Transformers post, here's the GI Joe portion of the purchase. It may be hard to see in the picture, but the lot included (some complete, many mostly complete):

Buzz Boar

MOBAT (Motorized Battle Tank)

Persuader (tank)

Conquest X-30 (airplane)

Polar Battle Bear (Skimobile)

Cobra F.A.N.G. (A Fully Armed Negator Gyrocopter)

Cobra H.I.S.S. (High Speed Sentry)

Dragonfly XH-1 (Assault Copter)

S.N.A.K.E. (Battle Armor)

Bivouac

Twin Battle Gun

RAM (Rapid Fire Motorcycle)

Cobra Jet Pack

Air Skiff

S.H.A.R.C. (Submersible High-Speed Attack and Reconnaissance Craft)

Moray (Hydrofoil)

Skystriker [XP-14F] (Combat Jet)

Cobra Night Raven S³P

GIJoe-All-thumb.jpg

I'm almost done cataloging. There were some random Star Wars, GoBots, Centurians, Starriors, and other stuff. I still have some random weapons and vehicle parts to sort out.

Oh man, terrific stuff. I had nearly all of these as a kid. Sold them off, started rebuying, sold it off, started rebuying again, repeat. I finally had to tell myself that although I love G.I. Joe (and Transformers and He-Man and...) I can't afford to buy everything I love, so I just deal with Batman and Aliens these days. But seeing that old box art makes me want to run out and start picking them up again. Can't beat that art. Great haul, congrats!

i can't bring myself to do craigslist. with my luck the first one i go out and visit chops my head off with a machette.

lol

An old "Benny Hill" sketch from my youth has imparted great wisdom that is applicable for wide variety of situations. In it, Benny Hill says, "There is a one in a million chance of there being a bomb on your plane. There is a million times a million in one chance of there being two bombs on your plane. So lower your chances and always bring a bomb."

My point is, if you show up with a severed head and a machete, your odds of survival should increase.

Back when NYC was more terrifying, not the disneyland it is now, my friend who owned an LCS would go and check out collections in sketchy areas (and a lot of NYC was sketchy then), but he had about 5 cops who were regulars at his shop, so he'd go with them with when they were off duty and pay them with beers and a steak dinner afterward. Needless to say, that kept him pretty safe, but he knew guys who were assaulted and robbed looking at collections. jumped in the lobby of some tenement. no way to prove they were set up.

So, basically, if I start doing craigslist hunting my main concern would be aweanorder chopping off my head with a machette for messing around in his territory?

lol

Back when NYC was more terrifying, not the disneyland it is now, my friend who owned an LCS would go and check out collections in sketchy areas (and a lot of NYC was sketchy then), but he had about 5 cops who were regulars at his shop, so he'd go with them with when they were off duty and pay them with beers and a steak dinner afterward. Needless to say, that kept him pretty safe, but he knew guys who were assaulted and robbed looking at collections. jumped in the lobby of some tenement. no way to prove they were set up.

I remember when Disneyland was in Times Square if you know what im saying

Buyer contacted me as he was getting out of collecting. We arranged to meet today. Buyer wanted me to look at some comics and toys. Normally, I only "deal" in comics but I have bought a few toys/related items and statues from time to time but this is by far my biggest toy score. Most of the comics were late 90's early 2000's and anything good he was either keeping, sold already or didn't have.

This is what I closed a deal on this evening and just finished unpacking it all not too long ago.

Boxes_zpsaecqraa4.jpg

Legends%20Mixed_zpshl9us39h.jpg

Legends20Series20220and203_zpsloqb3lqb.jpg

Legends%20Series%206_zpsgxrcqmjk.jpg

Marvel%20Legends%20Cable%20and%20Deadpool_zpsl2kvsrxs.jpg

Spidey%20Classic%201_zpsplamxoqi.jpg

Spidey20Classic202_zpswzmyk5cp.jpg

Legends20Series20420720and208_zpskjhlxfbq.jpg

Marvel20Legends20Galactus20Complete20Set_zpssyz8cfml.jpg

Figures were a little dusty (cleaned now), but are complete and unopened with minimal shelf wear. Pretty happy with the Cable and Deadpool and the complete Galactus Build a Figure Set.

Been a pretty good week...Just picked this up tonight too along with a few other books

SUICIDE%20SQUAD%201%20NEW%2052%20NM_zpsiaecwfm3.jpg