• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Found a box of books from the 70s at a garage sale. I lucked out, only $30 for the box.

In the original box (the box was full originally, and I took a pict AFTER moving some to a short box):

XD6AQxkl.jpg

Looks like an awesome find! Did you just happen to stop at this sale, or did you see a listing that this one had comics? I've found a few good sales that listed comics - not much luck trying random sales. Thanks for sharing - looking forward to see what you netted in the haul!

@westerberg14

I saw a garage sale listing that mentioned comics. It's always hit or miss when it comes to garage sales.

I went to one garage sale a few weeks ago that mentioned comics and they were already gone by the time I got there.

As I was driving away I noticed two more garage sales signs and decided to check them out on a whim. What do you know, one of them had three long boxes of books. Most of it was $1 books from the late 90s and early 2000s but then I hit the jackpot and found a few books from the Captain America 2004 series (the one with the "Out of Time" story arc) and snagged issues #2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 for $1 each.

IMO, garage sales finds = a numbers game, the more you go to and search the more likely you're bound to find some gems.

I'm nearly done bagging and boarding my most recent find - lots of titles I've near heard of before like:

Tor

Starfire

Richard Dragon Kung Fu

Kobra

Will post some picts tonight after work.

I'm nearly done bagging and boarding my most recent find - lots of titles I've near heard of before like:

Tor

Starfire

Richard Dragon Kung Fu

Kobra

1970s DC B-titles fun!

:applause:

Tor

Starfire

Richard Dragon Kung Fu

Kobra

Richard Dragon is the best martial artist in the DCU. He trained Bronze Tiger extensively, and all of the heavyweights have spent time with him to up their game, even Batman.

Most people only care about the #5, first Lady Shiva. :sorry:

Found a box of books from the 70s at a garage sale. I lucked out, only $30 for the box.

In the original box (the box was full originally, and I took a pict AFTER moving some to a short box):

XD6AQxkl.jpg

Looks like an awesome find! Did you just happen to stop at this sale, or did you see a listing that this one had comics? I've found a few good sales that listed comics - not much luck trying random sales. Thanks for sharing - looking forward to see what you netted in the haul!

@westerberg14

I saw a garage sale listing that mentioned comics. It's always hit or miss when it comes to garage sales.

I went to one garage sale a few weeks ago that mentioned comics and they were already gone by the time I got there.

As I was driving away I noticed two more garage sales signs and decided to check them out on a whim. What do you know, one of them had three long boxes of books. Most of it was $1 books from the late 90s and early 2000s but then I hit the jackpot and found a few books from the Captain America 2004 series (the one with the "Out of Time" story arc) and snagged issues #2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 for $1 each.

IMO, garage sales finds = a numbers game, the more you go to and search the more likely you're bound to find some gems.

Tor

Starfire

Richard Dragon Kung Fu

Kobra

I know what you mean. One time, I went to a sale that listed toys and that didn't pan out, but one that I saw a sign for, a few blocks away, had four unsearched monster boxes of Magic Cards for $5 each. SCORE!!!

Quick followup - apologies in advance for the lousy picture quality, I just got home from work 45 minutes ago. Here are some of the DC books from the BOX...still a bunch of Swamp Thing, Aquaman, Blackhawk, GI Combat, other DC titles + the Marvel titles, Archies, and Richie Riches

If boardies are interested - I will post more images later this week

T2e2GCdh.jpg

y0VkU4rh.jpg

8yFSo96h.jpg

zir7AP5h.jpg

UE9Nk6zh.jpg

yIL7l3Vh.jpg

kk1GhTeh.jpg

1TBjlWah.jpg

Edited by Eddragon

I know what you mean. One time, I went to a sale that listed toys and that didn't pan out, but one that I saw a sign for, a few blocks away, had four unsearched monster boxes of Magic Cards for $5 each. SCORE!!!

Were those boxes worth it?

As said in my previous post about yard sale finds. Here are the photos...

image_zps5j6gxxqm.jpeg

image_zpsh0h7fntw.jpeg

image_zpsgsnsshak.jpeg

Not bad for today in the wild around. :grin:

Granted, it is not much compared to what you guys found in your area. Yours are way better than mine. But for what I paid, I can't complain at all. There will be another time, another day...

Awesome score on the uncle scrooge

XD6AQxkl.jpg

The ones that I moved over to a short box (I actually needed 2 short boxes for all the books in the end)

lKzo8E1l.jpg

I'll post followup images once I've re-bagged and boarded everything.

Congratulations on a great find! It's posts like this that make this my favorite thread in General! I can't wait to see what was in the box!

Just by the couple of pics shown to us, even though these comics weren't boarded I'm going to guess most of them are higher grades. :wishluck:

Nailed it. :grin:

@westerberg14

I had some luck this week at a sale finding three of the original Wolverine miniseries and a few 60's books for $2 each. I agree that it is a numbers game - the more you look, the more opportunities you have to find something. The anticipation of going through a box of comics that seems to be untouched is worth it.

Cn2xRE1WcAAcrDV.jpg

I decided to spend lunch hour driving 25 minutes each way to an estate sale. I ended up buying all the comics as I did not have time to look through them carefully. 90s all the way. But I saw MOS18, the Deadpool miniseries, McFarlane signed Spawn #1, Angela mini, etc and decided to just grab them as time was short. 5 small bins full, condition was strong. The X-Men seemed to be 285 or so and up but my hope is that 266 is in there somewhere. Still a decent deal for the money if it isn't.

No pics tonight - off to see Eddie Izzard in Manhattan. Apparently he does almost 3 hours standup on this tour!

Edited by Bird

I had some luck this week at a sale finding three of the original Wolverine miniseries and a few 60's books for $2 each. I agree that it is a numbers game - the more you look, the more opportunities you have to find something. The anticipation of going through a box of comics that seems to be untouched is worth it.

Cn2xRE1WcAAcrDV.jpg

$2 = a great deal! Another score for the CGC boards treasure hunters :)