• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

I picked this up the other day at an estate sale. It was all taken apart in pieces, but I knew what it was. It took me right back to being a kid again. I really had fun putting it together. Just missing a couple parts. Really nice shape though.... I'm trying to get more involved on the boards this year. I have a lot of other really cool garage sale finds sale finds I would like to share <a  href=IMG_4300_zpses2uik9w.jpg' alt='IMG_4300_

These are from last month. Probably the best weekend I've had finding books in a long time. One estate sale and the last two pics are from a craigslist ad. The SDCC 2's weren't in the ad. So I was real happy I found them. Funny part is he took the books to a shop who said they weren't interested. Must have not known they are the first appearance of hellboy. I currently have the first Deadpool, Gambit, and SDCC 2's at CGC. Hopefully they'll be done at the end of the month. <a  href=http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh625/STORMSHADOW_80/IMG_3800_zpsqbu80fma.jpg' alt='IMG_3800_zpsqbu80fma.jpg'>IMG_3802_zpsvef46bdc.jpgIMG_3810_zpsk2xmsibo.jpgIMG_3812_zpszsprucg4.jpg[/img]

Found an interesting sale today with 8 short boxes of mostly 90's filler - but found a couple post-issue 100 Walking Dead, 2nd Deadpool appearance, Scarlet #1. Also there was a binder with 30 or so mostly early bronze comics - so I got the binder and another dozen books for $65. Probably not the best negotiation ever, but I only started doing this a month or so ago.

The Adventure Comics and Space Family covers are great, and Twilight Zone are better reads than I thought they would be. Here's the better issues from the lot...

CncOayyVUAAadDl.jpg

CncOdy5UkAAZaNC.jpg

These are from last month. Probably the best weekend I've had finding books in a long time. One estate sale and the last two pics are from a craigslist ad. The SDCC 2's weren't in the ad. So I was real happy I found them. Funny part is he took the books to a shop who said they weren't interested. Must have not known they are the first appearance of hellboy. I currently have the first Deadpool, Gambit, and SDCC 2's at CGC. Hopefully they'll be done at the end of the month. <a  href=http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh625/STORMSHADOW_80/IMG_3800_zpsqbu80fma.jpg' alt='IMG_3800_zpsqbu80fma.jpg'>IMG_3802_zpsvef46bdc.jpgIMG_3810_zpsk2xmsibo.jpgIMG_3812_zpszsprucg4.jpg[/img]

Nice pickups. Whether its luck, or just extra effort at a certain point in time, good finds tend to come in waves im my experience

Yep. I would agree. For me, never a "steady stream"...Months with nothing and then boom a nice find followed by another nice find or someone contacting me. Definitely have to put in the time though to make it happen more often than not. I really should do more garage/yard sales but I am NOT a morning person on weekends

Yeah, I've got all the early Eerie's and Creepy's, some of the best covers ever. They had a lot more Eerie's, Creepy's much higher numbers though, 40 upwards, wanted to get some of the later ones as I was not sure if I needed some, but was carrying too much ;-(

6 long boxes of stuff Craigslist find yesterday

Multiples of many Xmen from 128 up and many nice earlier individuals. An Asm 238 with tatooz and then some other later keys like hulk 340, Inhumans 1 and then later 90's semi interesting books :sumo:

Some may need to be slabbed as there are high grade potential on many. Xmen 121 is purty and two of the 137's are too. Earliest Xmen was annual 1, and a nice 102.

163446.jpg.386aa0e256bb24a07f9897e4477ce127.jpg

163447.jpg.4f0f54f771489b19cea07bc90f923337.jpg

163449.jpg.9aa04a85b35483c5e1d5b508db07c21b.jpg

Went to 3 yard sales this morning. First sale was good, second one a bust, and last one was not bad. I brought about 100 books approximately total. Mostly are kids comics, some mordern comics and graphic novels.

My best find is a Whitham Uncle Scrooge #179. Will post photos as soon I get home.

Well pleased, picked these up today, £2 each ;-)

So much Frazetta goodness.

Frazetta, Corben, Wrightson, kirby...

This is like the who's who in comic book artistry world

I tend to have the blinders on. But, yes. Very awesome collection overall.