• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

I decided to spend lunch hour driving 25 minutes each way to an estate sale. I ended up buying all the comics as I did not have time to look through them carefully. 90s all the way. But I saw MOS18, the Deadpool miniseries, McFarlane signed Spawn #1, Angela mini, etc and decided to just grab them as time was short. 5 small bins full, condition was strong. The X-Men seemed to be 285 or so and up but my hope is that 266 is in there somewhere. Still a decent deal for the money if it isn't.

No pics tonight - off to see Eddie Izzard in Manhattan. Apparently he does almost 3 hours standup on this tour!

:popcorn:

I decided to spend lunch hour driving 25 minutes each way to an estate sale. I ended up buying all the comics as I did not have time to look through them carefully. 90s all the way. But I saw MOS18, the Deadpool miniseries, McFarlane signed Spawn #1, Angela mini, etc and decided to just grab them as time was short. 5 small bins full, condition was strong. The X-Men seemed to be 285 or so and up but my hope is that 266 is in there somewhere. Still a decent deal for the money if it isn't.

No pics tonight - off to see Eddie Izzard in Manhattan. Apparently he does almost 3 hours standup on this tour!

well, they are out of the car at least.

et voila

CoDXrF9WYAAIVPY.jpg

Edited by Bird

et voila

CoDXrF9WYAAIVPY.jpg

WOW - nice haul! Thanks for the picts.

Please keep us updated on any finds.

Love it when boardies post pictures like this, it makes me want to go on the hunt :-)

et voila

CoDXrF9WYAAIVPY.jpg

Love it when boardies post pictures like this, it makes me want to go on the hunt :-)

(thumbs u

This sale started at 9 and I got there at 11:30. I was the first one looking at the comics and they were still gauging prices - $35 a bin was suggested to me. I asked and could have cherry picked my own tub but did not have the time (I was there 25 minutes as it was before I realized there was enough to do that) and was afraid something good was in there that I would miss. I am hoping for XMen 266 but 290 or so was the lowest I saw when glancing through. Impulsive fool that I am I showed the cute girl helping me a signed Spawn 2 and told her to ebay it for a few bucks. I saw the signed #1 in there already so figured it was fair. Fair or fool it is moot now.

That is my biggest (almost learned) lesson...STFU! Don't say anything about yummy books, never ever. Stop trying to impress and show how much I know, stupid head.. I learned that I need to shop for life choices like that, I always tell the car or real estate guy that I WILL NOT be making a decision today no matter what. But buying comics brings out JoJo The Monkey Boy.

Edited to ask: I left behind a stack of WIZARD magazines. Was that a mistake?

Edited by Bird

et voila

CoDXrF9WYAAIVPY.jpg

(thumbs u

That is my biggest (almost learned) lesson...STFU! Don't say anything about yummy books, never ever. Stop trying to impress and show how much I know, stupid head.. I learned that I need to shop for life choices like that, I always tell the car or real estate guy that I WILL NOT be making a decision today no matter what. But buying comics brings out JoJo The Monkey

Yes, never revel to someone at the yard/estate sales. Many people (Whoever) have too much loose lips. Had that happened on me few times. What about other people tried to come up to you while you were browsing books, and grabbed some good books out the box? Recently I went to a yard sale this morning. One guy tried to do that as I was standing in front of box. I grabbed some in my hand to stop him that.

I consider that quite rude as far I think. :sumo:

1st bin assorted interesting stuff. Not pictured are Spawn 20-50 or so, ever present Cyberforce, early Cable, Deathblow 1-20 or so, etc etc.

These are all double bagged so there are comics on the flip side as well. I picked things to show based on a few criteria but basically this guy bought what I bought...it is pretty funny. Gangland Hellboy, Trenchcoat Brigade, Doc Flight of Bones. Then there are a few I never heard of before. And L&R and Optic Nerve, groovy.

CoFNTZDXgAUrnHd.jpg

nothing mind blowing but just what I expected, so it is so far so good. Gotta clean these up and maybe do another bin before the wife and kids get home from the in-laws. But I am annoyed as I ordered a set of those 5 tier zinc shelves which I was going to use to help organize these comics but freakin' Walmart didn't get them despite online saying otherwise and they won't be in until Monday. So going through these is more difficult with my stuff all over the place to make room for the shelves which are not here.

Edited by Bird

2nd bin. Note comics in lower left. This bin had a X-Force 1+ and NM 93, 95, 99, 100, and early Deadpool issues! D"OH!

CoFbbGeXYAI2xIm.jpg

Not pictured are long run of X-Force and some other stuff. Tons of Wolverine there and some signed stuff in the middle.

Third bin was last small one. Runs of Spiderman 1-30 or so, X-Men 1-30 or so, Uncanny 285-320ish, The Dreaming, Spawn 1-20, Wildcats and Stormwatch from the beginning.

Edited by Bird

et voila

CoDXrF9WYAAIVPY.jpg

(thumbs u

That is my biggest (almost learned) lesson...STFU! Don't say anything about yummy books, never ever. Stop trying to impress and show how much I know, stupid head.. I learned that I need to shop for life choices like that, I always tell the car or real estate guy that I WILL NOT be making a decision today no matter what. But buying comics brings out JoJo The Monkey

Yes, never revel to someone at the yard/estate sales. Many people (Whoever) have too much loose lips. Had that happened on me few times. What about other people tried to come up to you while you were browsing books, and grabbed some good books out the box? Recently I went to a yard sale this morning. One guy tried to do that as I was standing in front of box. I grabbed some in my hand to stop him that.

I consider that quite rude as far I think. :sumo:

EVERYBODY is rude, grabby and abrasive at most garage/estate sales & flea markets I go to. My rule is, first one to the box has first right of refusal. Now, if there are multiple boxes its a grab fest. No way will I allow some one to grab stuff out of a box I am looking at, nor will I reach into some one else's box until they say I can. This has resulted in some unplesant situations but it is part of the game...

Edited by Robot Man

Today's local find...

Showcase 9 in the wild :cloud9:

Black Knight 1

Mystery in Space 53

Flash 118

A nice group of lower grade Archie's and other esoteric books.

What I think is a 15 cent variant Archie Joke Book :-). Googled and saw a 12c copy for sale on eBay :-)

And more old 10-15 cent issues

About a short box full

163526.jpg.1a0eb8cb5dd24db7145694a4f6541d42.jpg

163527.jpg.03bd0f5ebf9de0481b1e9d32eaa7aa02.jpg

163528.jpg.5e62c5dff4716bd7a64e62e98c1684cd.jpg

163529.jpg.71fff432e62da2c62e9f5841b002677d.jpg

163533.jpg.da302f52b4f1c4902dd44dcf418fd168.jpg

Today's local find...

Black Knight 1

Mystery in Space 53

Flash 118

What I think is a 15 cent variant Archie Joke Book :-). Googled and saw a 12c copy for sale on eBay :-)

About a short box full

Terrific find! Love the Black Knight 1 and Atlas Wyatt Earp! Well Done!!

Today's local find...

Black Knight 1

Mystery in Space 53

Flash 118

About a short box full

:baiting: love what you find, I see you got one I want. :shy:

Going through my estate sale bins I just showed my wife signed Spawn #1 and Spider-Man #1 by McFarlane from bin 5. She cursed out loud "Holy is that a signed Spawn #1?" I think she thought it was worth thousands of dollars. There is the Priest Black Panther here which is groovy, haven't read that in a while and it was great.