• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

Nothing mindblowing, but several solid pickups at the $1 sale this morning at my LCS. Lots of $5-$15 books. Picked up a bunch of copper Batman run books, big chunk of very sharp IDW Transformers books (which are good sellers for me) and some Crossed and Swamp Things for myself.

Here are some of the better picks. Haven't seen those Resident Evil mags for quite some time. Several later printing Superman books, big chunk of the Knightfall run,etc. Fun morning!

30u964m.jpg

2reh8wj.jpg

r1wlyr.jpg

20gwmt.jpg

30uepmc.jpg

Picked these up a few months back at a yard sale. I've been checking eBay for any possible value but the prices are all over the map, there's different colored backs, different printings, etc. Anyone have any info on these? The images are clickable for larger size.

KN0TKh9l.jpg

GNkmP10l.jpg

Picked these up a few months back at a yard sale. I've been checking eBay for any possible value but the prices are all over the map, there's different colored backs, different printings, etc. Anyone have any info on these? The images are clickable for larger size.

KN0TKh9l.jpg

GNkmP10l.jpg

Technically consider orange back. Series 1. Series 2 on all had different backs.

KN0TKh9l.jpg

GNkmP10l.jpg

Technically consider orange back. Series 1. Series 2 on all had different backs.

I know the bat symbol can come in different colors as well. (shrug)

KN0TKh9l.jpg

GNkmP10l.jpg

There were 3 sets of painted Batman cards by Topps in 1966. The 1st set has the black Bat symbol on the front. These are numbered 1-55. Next set has a red Bat symbol on the front and are numbered 1a-44a. The last set has a blue Bat symbol on the front and are numbered 1b-44b.

There are also 2 sets of photo cards from the TV series. The painted cards are valued based on condition, just like comics. If they're in nice shape with no creases or rounded corners, you might get $1-2$ apiece for them. The 1st card #1 (which you have) and the last card or checklist card are going to be worth more, maybe $5-$10 depending on how nice it is. Possibly some middle numbered cards might go for a little more than $1-$2 if they have cool or classic images.

By the way if I'm not mistaken the art for the painted series was done by Norm Saunders.

KN0TKh9l.jpg

GNkmP10l.jpg

There were 3 sets of painted Batman cards by Topps in 1966. The 1st set has the black Bat symbol on the front. These are numbered 1-55. Next set has a red Bat symbol on the front and are numbered 1a-44a. The last set has a blue Bat symbol on the front and are numbered 1b-44b.

There are also 2 sets of photo cards from the TV series. The painted cards are valued based on condition, just like comics. If they're in nice shape with no creases or rounded corners, you might get $1-2$ apiece for them. The 1st card #1 (which you have) and the last card or checklist card are going to be worth more, maybe $5-$10 depending on how nice it is. Possibly some middle numbered cards might go for a little more than $1-$2 if they have cool or classic images.

By the way if I'm not mistaken the art for the painted series was done by Norm Saunders.

Thanks a lot for the info! I didn't figure they were worth anything and probably mass produced.

So this auction is out to lunch? Only difference in his and mine is his says printed in the us and mine says Canada. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/322069285746

Also this sold https://www.ebay.ca/itm/262295385934

Thanks a lot for the info! I didn't figure they were worth anything and probably mass produced.

So this auction is out to lunch? Only difference in his and mine is his says printed in the us and mine says Canada. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/322069285746

Here's a really good breakdown of those cool '66 'Black Bat' cards:

Popular Batman Cards in Pictures Part One - 1966 Black Bat Batman Cards

Quoting now (emphasis mine):

The 1966 Black Bat cards (like all mainstream sets of 1966) was licensed worldwide to be produced in various countries locally. As a result the set is available in the following variations:

1966 Black Bat Orange Back Topps (USA)

1966 Black Bat Orange Back O-Pee-Chee (Canada)

1966 Black Bat Pink Back Series A&BC (UK)

1966 Black Bat Fan Club Series A&BC (UK)

1966 Black Bat Orange Back Scanlens (Australia)

So it looks like yours are that "O-Pee-Chee" Canadian printing. (thumbs u And congrats on a such a fun pick-up. Look to be in excellent shape from your photos.

Here's a really good breakdown of those cool '66 'Black Bat' cards:

Popular Batman Cards in Pictures Part One - 1966 Black Bat Batman Cards

Quoting now (emphasis mine):

The 1966 Black Bat cards (like all mainstream sets of 1966) was licensed worldwide to be produced in various countries locally. As a result the set is available in the following variations:

1966 Black Bat Orange Back Topps (USA)

1966 Black Bat Orange Back O-Pee-Chee (Canada)

1966 Black Bat Pink Back Series A&BC (UK)

1966 Black Bat Fan Club Series A&BC (UK)

1966 Black Bat Orange Back Scanlens (Australia)

So it looks like yours are that "O-Pee-Chee" Canadian printing. (thumbs u And congrats on a such a fun pick-up. Look to be in excellent shape from your photos.

Thanks for that! I'll have to look into them more closely, they are really sharp copies other than the batman has one soft corner. I just love the art on these :) Appreciate it!

Come on guys, get out to those flea markets, I love this thread

I picked these up at a garage sale this morning, nice little seven issue run!

IMG_0945_zpszhqts8ze.jpg

Atom & Hawkman 39-45 - from the same litter too, looks like. Brothers! :insane:

But seriously, take a look at the quality!

img724_zpsmjhsbwk7.jpg

img725_zps5gwry6cm.jpg

img726_zpsrdfoklty.jpg

img727_zpsjagiss1u.jpg

Garage sale!

Garage sale!

Were those the only comics they had? Seems like an odd set of books to find randomly and all by themselves at a garage sale. Nice job!

Garage sale!

Were those the only comics they had? Seems like an odd set of books to find randomly and all by themselves at a garage sale. Nice job!

They had so many boxed action figures that it rivaled an actual retailer's stock. Also tons of trades and graphic novels. There were also three longs and one short box of comics, but mostly from the 80s and up - lots of Star Comics and New Universe from Marvel. These were the only real vintage books I could find.

I know they're not highly desirable but well pleased nonetheless.