• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,857 posts in this topic

I just haven't sold on feebay in so long..I am..like ..not confident about selling them myself..

I was surprised at that furniture they must have had some warehouse find because that stuff is going cheap..

I am just so worried that I will miss a check box or forget to opt out of something and end up getting screwed...

I am trying to move a bunch of stuff for my big old "end of sight " trip

(long story short I am ill and it is eating my eye balls up and I have lost a lot of vision so far..they "might" be able to save it but..just in case I want to get a trip in before to see Wizarding World of Harry Potter (my husband cannot go because he just had a heart stent put in) then go visit my parents and if I am still vision abled and have any money left take my granddaughter on a trip to see fashion design in action as she is 16 and aspiring fashion designer)

Anyway so I just haven't been able to start..

plus I am afraid ebay will hold the monies until after my first trip..

or something will happen..

The dolls are Nrfb..what if someone buys one and then returns it opened ?? etc etc

I have been looking for a reseller that I am familiar with who wants a cut or something to list

etc..I just do not know many people locally..

But yes I will be checking this store every dang day..

because yes ..very very good find especially at the prices I paid..

The Star Wars lot came up on FB Swap and Shop thread..and tons of people were all gung ho about it..

But my husband is the earliest of early birds...I am the latest of night owls..we drove down and were waiting at the end of the drive for his "come by after 8 to view" and he was like "Wow you were first..Okay deal!"

Then everyone in the FB thread was all "I would have paid you XXXXXX amount of dollars ..you got robbed etc"

The guy said come by and shoot an offer..he didn't counter..we got a deal on that too

The Fashion Teeners and Skediddle Kiddles do really well on eBay. My wife and I have sold a lot of Kiddles over the years and Skediddles sell quickly. The Dawn dolls are a good find, but harder to sell IMO. I really like the Rock Flower line, but that stuff is really hard to sell. The Ideal Petite Princess stuff, on the other hand, sells well in lots. Don't feel too badly about missing out on the Micro Machines and some of the Star Wars stuff. Chances are that what you picked up is worth more than what you missed. I would have taken this stuff over the Micro Machines every day of the week. Congrats.

The Fashion Teeners and Skediddle Kiddles do really well on eBay. My wife and I have sold a lot of Kiddles over the years and Skediddles sell quickly. The Dawn dolls are a good find, but harder to sell IMO. I really like the Rock Flower line, but that stuff is really hard to sell. The Ideal Petite Princess stuff, on the other hand, sells well in lots. Don't feel too badly about missing out on the Micro Machines and some of the Star Wars stuff. Chances are that what you picked up is worth more than what you missed. I would have taken this stuff over the Micro Machines every day of the week. Congrats.

Thanks !

The dolls are Nrfb..what if someone buys one and then returns it opened ?? etc etc

This happened to me. I sold a brand new NOS Coleman lantern from 1965. Buyer tore it open and opened a case stating the lantern hood was damaged. Not only did I have to pay to have it shipped back, my sealed box is now opened thus decreasing the value and I have a sneaking suspicion the lantern hood was switched out and they kept mine. Makes you want to list more :eyeroll:

Edited by Junkdrawer

Had a really good year pulling books out of the wild. It was a lot of work driving late at night trying to be the first on the scene, scouring all sources trying to get leads, etc. Working hard paid off, added a massive number of quality books to the collection while only having to deal with a minimum amount of drek. I did miss out on a large OO collection by about half an hour but all in all I would have to be happy with 2016. Here are a few picked up in the process, just got the ST 110 and IH 181 back from CGC this week

IMG_1466.jpg

Made my way this past weekend to a much-hyped antique mall. There were a ton of comics. Hundreds if not thousands of $2 comics in no order. Lots of randomly priced drek...$5 for random issues of X-Man. I managed to pull a few things:

There were a bunch of Star Wars Action Figure Variants available:

YardSale-2016-12-17a_thumb.jpg

Some other decent modern picks:

YardSale-2016-12-17b_thumb.jpg

But best of all...

YardSale-2016-12-17c_thumb.jpg

Found this on top of a random piece of furniture in the first isle (my first pickup of the day). I knew immediately what it was because it was in a sales thread a few months ago. Amazing But True, Facts About Milk & Milk Protection from 1956. My wife says to me, "why would you buy that?" I tried to explain that it's a comic from the 50s, but I don't think she was impressed.