• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,848 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The buyer was at the Valley Con yesterday. I didn’t speak to him but somebody told me he was going to start selling them right away. 

Correct ..they probably sold 1/4 of them last night ..I’m not up on the golden age stuff but low grades for the stuff they were selling ..crime suspense 20 that had 4.0/4.5 for $1250 didn’t sell on the show .they got 3 with the lot 

39 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Apparently in one of their videos, they mentioned a stack of the books has some bluish colored dye at the tips  or top edges of the books that goes through all pages. They said it wasn't color touch lol.. Right...

Do you know how many comics there were? In one of the videos the guy mentions LB Cole but I don't see any in the estate pictures.

I talked to another guy who said he showed up at 4:00 AM with 20K in cash. 

He said he called the day before trying to get in and found out the asking price. They told him no. He then suggested they auction off the stack to the interested parties that were there. Apparently quite a few. He was told no, straight sale. 

Too bad for the owners of the books because I suspect an auction would have brought more in auction fever. 

He thought it might have been a pre set up deal. The lady told him she got a lot of calls. 

Really glad I didn’t go. 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I talked to another guy who said he showed up at 4:00 AM with 20K in cash. 

He said he called the day before trying to get in and found out the asking price. They told him no. He then suggested they auction off the stack to the interested parties that were there. Apparently quite a few. He was told no, straight sale. 

Too bad for the owners of the books because I suspect an auction would have brought more in auction fever. 

He thought it might have been a pre set up deal. The lady told him she got a lot of calls. 

Really glad I didn’t go. 

I showed up at around 5:30 am and there were 12 people ahead of me (the first few people in line had a bunch of their friends lined up too) so technically maybe I was really the 8th?  The bold that highlighted is the SMART thing to do given so many people including myself were interested in the collection.  Yea, I feel bad for the owners of the books because they could've easily realized more money had the lady did an auction of some sort or have those interested write down on a piece of paper your max bid and whoever had the highest amount gets to buy it.  Was just poorly organized and like others who were interested, extremely pissed.  They could've also had a viewing of the books setup on a table the day before so I can see what I'm we are dealing with condition-wise. What's more, when I asked the lady how much she sold it for, she wouldn't even tell me nor anyone else as she said it was pointless.  If it was pointless to her, why then would she keep that from us?  

1 minute ago, Rip said:

Off on another crazy adventure filled day. Will be traveling again all day.

Good or bad I'm about to have an interesting story.

Only one stop today.

Good luck!(thumbsu

Best I could do at an Estate Sale that had probably 1000 books, but was 99 percent Looney Tunes, newer Disney and Archie.  Somehow I missed word of the sale that was a "large collection from 1957-1970" about 90 minutes away.  sigh.

Marvel Tails - 1.jpg

Dark Crystal - 1.jpg

Dark Crystal - 2.jpg

Long tiring day, drove for about 6 hours today back and forth to Willits CA. The guy wanted me to take 59 boxes of drek, With one or two boxes of decent stuff. All or nothing. Would not break up books no matter what. Felt like he was keeping the better stuff and wanted me to unload the rest. A few interesting keys, but wanted too much for the trouble. And I would have been at the dumpster for hours.  Can't win em all. 

Edited by Rip