• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,891 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2021 at 9:46 PM, cabinboy said:

Craigslist pickup - nice Dave Stevens/Rocketeer lot, and some Marvel mini series runs.  IMG_8599.thumb.jpg.7d18839d70e06f09425a770c30023aa8.jpg

Yyyyyeeesss! @F For Fakelol

He loves them too, I hope the 3d glasses are intact on the 3ds?

I'm looking at that thanos quest #1 as well!

I have #2 lol, Although it's a 2nd print, :takeit:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/11/2021 at 10:46 PM, cabinboy said:

Craigslist pickup - nice Dave Stevens/Rocketeer lot, and some Marvel mini series runs.  IMG_8599.thumb.jpg.7d18839d70e06f09425a770c30023aa8.jpg

Ah, that does the heart good. Terrific pickup. The 3-D Zone Space Vixens is  getting pricier and pricier these days. Share them down in the Dave thread in Copper if you haven't already!

On 11/12/2021 at 7:44 AM, F For Fake said:

Ah, that does the heart good. Terrific pickup. The 3-D Zone Space Vixens is  getting pricier and pricier these days. Share them down in the Dave thread in Copper if you haven't already!

planet comics also

On 11/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, jsilverjanet said:

planet comics also

For sure, those books are leading the charge. I'm surprised what DNAgents is doing these days as well. I still occasionally find Dave books in the dollar bins, but there are a lot more people hunting for them than there used to be.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:03 AM, F For Fake said:

For sure, those books are leading the charge. I'm surprised what DNAgents is doing these days as well. I still occasionally find Dave books in the dollar bins, but there are a lot more people hunting for them than there used to be.

about a year ago, I found someone selling Dave Stevens posters. Included were the DNA cover, World of Wood and another (can't remember). I framed the World of Wood one.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:09 AM, jsilverjanet said:

about a year ago, I found someone selling Dave Stevens posters. Included were the DNA cover, World of Wood and another (can't remember). I framed the World of Wood one.

Those posters are great! I had the World of Wood, and it was in storage with a bunch of other posters at my folks place, as I was in an apartment at the time and didn't have much space. They got water in the basement pretty much all of that stuff was ruined. Biggest loss was a HUGE X-men display piece from Pizza Hut, with Sienkiewicz art, just enormous. A buddy who was delivering pizzas at the time got it for me. I've not seen another one since.

I think the only one of the those Dave posters I've currently got actually is the DNAgents one, and it's safely resting in a tube in a place where it will never get wet!

On 11/12/2021 at 9:14 AM, F For Fake said:

Those posters are great! I had the World of Wood, and it was in storage with a bunch of other posters at my folks place, as I was in an apartment at the time and didn't have much space. They got water in the basement pretty much all of that stuff was ruined. Biggest loss was a HUGE X-men display piece from Pizza Hut, with Sienkiewicz art, just enormous. A buddy who was delivering pizzas at the time got it for me. I've not seen another one since.

I think the only one of the those Dave posters I've currently got actually is the DNAgents one, and it's safely resting in a tube in a place where it will never get wet!

I lost a moebius signed/limited art print (large) due to water in a basement. I feel your pain

On 11/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, jsilverjanet said:
On 11/12/2021 at 9:03 AM, F For Fake said:

A comic store gave me some Stevens posters which had water damage. Remembering now, not sure I ever looked at them to see how bad it was.

On 11/11/2021 at 7:46 PM, cabinboy said:

Nice haul! The Sheena 3-D is my favorite. One of the best GGA cover of all time. I got to see the original art as well as a watercolor original. Just stunning. 

On 11/15/2021 at 1:23 PM, spreads said:

Work's keeping my busy, (which makes these buys that much more special, as I had a rare moment of availability) but I managed to snag back to back deals today and yesterday making these the first comic lot/collection buys in several months......someone posted an add for $300 for 200 comics, no pics but it said mini series wolvie and punisher, so that was all I needed and I was there in 30 minutes.  Almost none of these comics had boards, so condition to be expected - original owner that had them for several decades.  Afterwards he asked about the DK books and the mini books and I sent him a etransfer for more money to pay for those.....

The DK are all firsts, NM/NM+ shape that is going into my PC.  The Secret wars set is solid!  Alpha Flight 1-40, NM 1-20, TMNT 3 3rd, lots of other mish mash of books.  A whole box of Treasuries, Epis, Monster books, etc too not pictured.......The What IF book I need for my run, so I'll toss that in my PC too.  

IMG-9298.jpg

IMG-9299.jpg

IMG-9295.jpg

IMG-9294.jpg

IMG-9293.jpg

IMG-9292.jpg

IMG-9291.jpg

IMG-9290.jpg

IMG-9287.jpg

IMG-9289.jpg

IMG-9285.jpg

IMG-9286.jpg

IMG-9283.jpg

IMG-9282.jpg

that's a definite (: looker, for real though :x timing and a bit of info for the ^^ 

On 11/15/2021 at 1:31 PM, spreads said:

Earlier today, even crazier buy....I just so happened to pull up my phone and spotted an ad that seemed absurd.  The books posted below for $40!?  I sent him a message saying they're worth significantly more and his response was odd, something like 'do you want to pay the $40?'  So I sent him a message offering an amount more in-line with the values of the books and I met him within 20 minutes.  He then told me he might need to sell his home next year and was very happy I offered him a reasonable price for these comics.  The Solar, FF and possibly the Batman are going into my PC.  This is another original owner comic, that's his name written on the cover - super cool!

IMG-9323.jpg

IMG-9322.jpg

IMG-9324.jpg

IMG-9325.jpg

IMG-9326.jpg

IMG-9321.jpg

well you topped it! That FF#5 is sweet! Glad you were able to offer more.

I bet your happy!

On 11/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

well you topped it! That FF#5 is sweet! Glad you were able to offer more.

I bet your happy!

Almost as happy as selling a client's home for 10% more than what she wanted to get on Thursday!   I'm happy with the book, I'm not picky on grades, it's going to a good home...... :)