• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2022 at 4:30 PM, ramrodcar said:

Picked up a small-ish original owner collection this week, mainly kung fu related books from the 70's (Master of Kung Fu, Iron Fist, Karate Kid, Richard Dragon, etc...). I was excited it contained an Iron Fist #14 in FN and a beater Marvel Special Edition #15. I started bagging/boarding under stronger light and low and behold, it looks like someone was drawing a :censored: and had this book, of all books, underneath it.... smh.

IMG_20220106_161819.thumb.jpg.949ef9078454e03db3ed73ab12949bcd.jpg

Talk about PERSONAL collection... can something like this press out?

On 1/7/2022 at 6:52 AM, Chief1332 said:

Talk about PERSONAL collection... can something like this press out?

I was thinking about it however technically I don't think the indentation alone is keeping this book out of a higher grade considering the tears and the line breaking crease.

Looks like a bindery defect to me :shiftyeyes:

On 1/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, topcat54 said:

Very nice pickup spidey 

Bronson FL? Im in Cocoa Beach and my mom lives in BELL!!! I drive up through Bronson and Williston all the time!!!

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 1/7/2022 at 6:27 PM, PopKulture said:

Persistence and an open mind paid off. :cheers:

Yes and i'm really stoked to help this person that said they were having bill issues etc and ended up with these comic books from a relative. It was stoked and stoked. Beautiful books. High(er) grade Avengers owned by whomever a very long time in bags(yellow) and no boards. Somehow it still happens these thing are found...will follow up as the next batch(s) arrive.

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 1/6/2022 at 2:30 PM, ramrodcar said:

Picked up a small-ish original owner collection this week, mainly kung fu related books from the 70's (Master of Kung Fu, Iron Fist, Karate Kid, Richard Dragon, etc...). I was excited it contained an Iron Fist #14 in FN and a beater Marvel Special Edition #15. I started bagging/boarding under stronger light and low and behold, it looks like someone was drawing a :censored: and had this book, of all books, underneath it.... smh.

IMG_20220106_161819.thumb.jpg.949ef9078454e03db3ed73ab12949bcd.jpg

Well if that Action Comics #1 with the rocket stamped on it can be marked on the label, look forward to when you slab this one xD

On 1/7/2022 at 3:25 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

Exactly. And the guy who knew nothing about comic books was so nice when we chatted. Facebook saw Detroit or whatever, hood, African American guy in his late20's/30s ish with old comic books and the replies followed. I messaged him, we had a good chat per say, and everything fell in place. I even helped him get Paypal verified, verified receipt of shipment so his money was released by Paypal and then i bought everything else he still had....duplicates of the 47,48,57,54,55 ect ect ... its funny how a little chat, human interaction, with someone so far away, judged by others, turned out good for everyone...and NO i didnt pay $5 a book!!! He got plenty of funds...$1000's of dollars

I wish people were as nice and kind as you.. one can dream 

On 1/7/2022 at 5:25 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

Exactly. And the guy who knew nothing about comic books was so nice when we chatted. Facebook saw Detroit or whatever, hood, African American guy in his late20's/30s ish with old comic books and the replies followed. I messaged him, we had a good chat per say, and everything fell in place. I even helped him get Paypal verified, verified receipt of shipment so his money was released by Paypal and then i bought everything else he still had....duplicates of the 47,48,57,54,55 ect ect ... its funny how a little chat, human interaction, with someone so far away, judged by others, turned out good for everyone...and NO i didnt pay $5 a book!!! He got plenty of funds...$1000's of dollars

Ive done this in the past. People like to be treated like Human beings. Sometimes I am not the best offer, but I dont act like
:censored: and they decide to take my offer. 

On 1/7/2022 at 5:25 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

Better hope the 1099K thread posters don't spill over and see this; they'll complain how you've harmed this guy and his situation by making him get a 1099K next year...(:

On 1/7/2022 at 10:07 PM, ramrodcar said:

Better hope the 1099K thread posters don't spill over and see this; they'll complain how you've harmed this guy and his situation by making him get a 1099K next year...(:

He’s in for a shock for sure :tonofbricks:

Edited by snitzer