• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Market Crash Thread: Part Two!

379 posts in this topic

The exact response i expected! You never fail in your predictability. I have re-read your haiku and i have never liked haikus or considered them a high art form. How about some iambic pentameter with couplets. i would really love that. and i bet Comicinvestor and Gorgo would wet their respective pants if you could work in some crash elements for the poem. By the way - for all people that like to meet and greet and presh the flesh, i am definitely going to San diego con next year. i will wear a t-shirt at least one day of the con that says "CLOBBERINTIME" in big orange letters so you can find me easy and tell me about how great you are in person. and i always go to the orlando mega con on friday - if any bothers going to that thing anymore!

Trust me, you've done NOTHING to make me envious thus far and it looks like Clobberin, isn't all too impressed either..I would guess most others who aren't impressed by name/place dropping and self-congratulating would agree (btw this is at least your 6th post that you congratulate yourself on what you've done). Step #1 to becoming a bit more interesting, get over yourself.

Brian

"What I can't figure out is all the cluckers around here are apparently still buying cgc comics! Are you guys trying to turn the crash around? I think there is a conspiracy of the voodoo crash cult to try to herd everyone into a crash so they can scoop up those high grade bronze books they use to judge the entire market with. nothing like a punch of self serving statements to prove a theory. "

i don't recall anyone who talks about the cgc crash using only high grade bronze books as an example. and even if they did its better than having no examples at all to back up your statemants.

as far as buying cgc books goes, there's nothing wrong with it, just paying ridiculous guide-multiple prices for them, that is the dangerous part.

i think clobberin (correct me if i'm wrong) that you yourself buy mainly pre-66 silver books, which i see as good buys at the moment cgc graded, especially around the VF grade. its just the high grade guide multiples that i see as being flakey and volatile.

i for one welcome the fall in cgc prices, as it will hopefully see comic prices stabalise, as opposed to the huge price spikes we've seen over the last two years.

i don't like to see these threads degenerating into name calling and personal attacks. everyone is entitled to there own views and opinions, and hopefully at the end of the day we are all batting for the same team. we all love the comics hobby. grin.gif

i must have missed your question when you needed exact examples. I am sure you can read since you have typed over 1000 posts - so go look around ebay or sales at Comiclink or call metro or Bob. Or better yet ask some folks selling cgc comics what they paid for the raw book, what they paid for grading, and what the book sold for. That is how you determine P-R-O-F-I-T. You and your doofy cohorts think that everyone is either buying cgc books for immediate resale or long term investment. And you determine the status of the market by saying prices are down and thing has crashed - not true. Not true by a long shot. When people submitting books raw and selling them stop making a profit then that will be the crash. Right now it looks like confidence is pretty high to me except for the crash cult. More cgc books than ever around, prices mainly at or above OS, hell even the crash advocates are out there buying. Hope you got the point this time.

My t-shirt will be white then. But I will make sure i get all liquored up before hand. Heck maybe meth will show too - he won't need a special shirt as I am sure we could pick him out in a crowd. This arguments are getting tedious so i think we need to strongly petition to get meth back on for some real donnybrooks!

Trust me, you've done NOTHING to make me envious thus far and it looks like Clobberin, isn't all too impressed either..

I'm afraid this is a Family-oriented Board and such tales of ribald would not be appropriate here. But more to the point, Clobberin' must mistake me for a grad student like yourself when in fact I am a longtime finance professional and have many accomplishments to my name - I've been involved in numerous headline-making deals, with billions of dollars involved. So I think it's completely out of line for his feeble mind to suggest that I go out and live life another 10 or 20 years before contributing further to this Board. Why? So I can become an envious curmudgeonly old man like him? And I mean that only in the most endearing way, CT.

I hope to be in San Diego in 2003 too (it is, after all, my hometown). All the Board participants should definitely meet up. Counselor, if you think I'm bad on these Boards, I will tear through your lawyerly defenses and absolutely rip you to shreds in a face-to-face debate if the best you can do is criticize my poetry and call me "Chicken Little".

Gene (I like haikus)

"You and your doofy cohorts think that everyone is either buying cgc books for immediate resale or long term investment."

more name calling, nice one clobberin.

and re-read my posts if you like (as i asume you must be able to read also) and you will see that i have NEVER said anything about buying cgc books for investment or resale. although since you bring it up i suspect that a large proportion of cgc buyers have that in mind.

i love the way that you talk about cohorts also, do you find it so hard to accept that most people here don't actually agree with your take on the market?

#8 and counting. So you're a financial banker..who'da thought! No offense to you but if I do make it to San Diego..I will be avoiding you like the plague. If your anything like you are on these forums, I'd probably get tired of listening to you real quick and I'd probably get all depressed from your comic tales of doom frown.gif

Brian

I've done things that would inspire envy in every guy on this Board.

Hoooooo hahahaha hehehehe haw haw haw

Let me catch my breath

Hehehe Haw haw haw hohoho Oh Jesus

Hang on a sec I am gonna pee my pants

Haw haw hahaha hehehe hohoho

Nope I am not gonna be able to write a post here

Haw hoho hehehehehehehe

Can't stop laughing.

Phil

you know you had the same blabber lines when you started here and i let you know it then - boy you are a slow learner. If i remember your original me page, it went on and on about your accomplishments and how no one else was quite qualified like you are to make comments about the comic book collecting community. You are still there! I am positive that I would have you crying within a few minutes of any sort of personal meeting. Maybe when my 6800 sq foot house on the beach is out of construction, I will post some pics on here for you since you seem to be into that sort of stuff. Or maybe some pics of my wife Morgan Fairchild.

If i remember your original me page, it went on and on about your accomplishments and how no one else was quite qualified like you are to make comments about the comic book collecting community.

THIS IS AN OUT AND OUT LIE. The top (biography) portion of my "Me" page on eBay has NEVER been changed. Only the "My Thoughts on Comic Books" section has changed. Again, stop your lies and fabrications, Counselor. It may win you court cases but I think most of the people on this Board are smart enough to see through your untruths, mistruths and half-truths.

Gene

Ok - if it was not on that me page thing, it was on one of your first posts then. Is there anyway to dig thru all that tripe to find it? Because if you deny saying it then liar, liar pants on fire! are you truth impaired on the subject or a tad sensitive at this point? getting a bit huffy aren't we? I don't want to bring this up but - do you remember what happened to the last guy that went totally nuts on here. his soul was claimed by the Wendigo as related by greggy. Don't be the next Wendigo.

Aww darn, missed that book and I was planning on bidding 1,000 for it..err..whoops thats not an ASM book but a bronze book featuring the first appearance of a varitable nobody tongue.gif

I still don't see the reason for the interest in Shang Chi.

Brian