• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 9/9/2022 at 12:07 PM, alexgross.com said:

did cgc mike fall asleep or something? lol

I've been here every day for nearly a year.  Got forbid I take 4 hours of flex time for 2 days.  I come back both evenings, and everything here is a disaster.  I will start being more generous with the points.  

On 9/9/2022 at 8:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

I've been here every day for nearly a year.  Got forbid I take 4 hours of flex time for 2 days.  I come back both evenings, and everything here is a disaster.  I will start being more generous with the points.  

pernts?

On 9/9/2022 at 5:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

glad you didnt have a stroke or anything! sorry we are such disaster artists here. i am more used to you being on top of political talk but it seems like the mob has gotten it under control. 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:20 AM, TeddieMercede said:

XM 1 8.5 Sept 2021 $158K

XM 1 8.5 Sept 2022 $78K.

Ouch.

My last try at a 8.0 copy was in late 2019 and was around 22K in a Heritage auction.

I love the book and had planned on upgrading last year but it absolutely rode the hype train last year, even folks saying it is not going anywhere but up and once we see them join the MCU it will explode in value....

I doubt it drops to pre 2020 levels but if it does I will be upgrading.

On 9/10/2022 at 9:17 AM, PKJ said:

Ouch.

My last try at a 8.0 copy was in late 2019 and was around 22K in a Heritage auction.

I love the book and had planned on upgrading last year but it absolutely rode the hype train last year, even folks saying it is not going anywhere but up and once we see them join the MCU it will explode in value....

I doubt it drops to pre 2020 levels but if it does I will be upgrading.

pre 2020 values.  absolutely not.  its stabilizing now, and will eventually swing back up, especially if an xmen movie is announced, There's just way to much money invested into this book to ever get to those once pre covid prices (for this or any of the big, big SA keys)

Edited by GAMBIT

On 9/10/2022 at 5:27 PM, GAMBIT said:

pre 2020 values.  absolutely not.  its stabilizing now, and will eventually swing back up, especially if an xmen movie is announced, There's just way to much money invested into this book to ever get to those ones pre covid prices (for this or any of the big, big SA keys)

I agree, I was just referencing where it was right before the explosion. 

On 9/11/2022 at 1:24 PM, srezvan said:

What in the world is going on with this thread? I never thought I'd say to myself, "I wish they'd go back to arguing about recent auctions." And boy do I hate all the back and forth about the sales, but at least that's related to the comic. Or any comic, for that matter.

or lets go back to talking about politics! i dont like that guy who is in charge of ________ and i can't believe anyone else likes him! :arguing:

On 9/9/2022 at 10:11 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

As a Canadian I have to say you guys have the worst president I have EVER seen in office at the moment. Simply awful...one day he will leave and hopefully the next one does much better.

This guy has only begotten chaos in all areas. Obama was not even close to been this bad neither was Clinton. Biden is horrible just simply horrible.

Yeah, I have mostly been ignoring the nonsense you post but this takes the cake.  Political posts of any kind have no place here.

A friend gave a Xmen 1 (UK variant) pretty rough condition but can't complain when it's free ... I noticed that the page 8 was detached and there is not the other page so it's missing I guess it's a ad page the story looks complete.

I wanted to know if it is a ad page ? and  if someone had a picture of it ? 

thanks

Walter 

307033612_10228606604659242_2640812639617972405_n.jpg307011564_10228606604739244_8038751021647562344_n.jpg

Edited by bullmark

On 9/11/2022 at 11:13 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Yeah, I have mostly been ignoring the nonsense you post but this takes the cake.  Political posts of any kind have no place here.

I blocked this fool about a month ago - best thing I ever did :sumo:

(of course I still see things if someone replies to his post, or if I don't actually login, but still WAY better...)

On 9/16/2022 at 8:25 AM, bullmark said:

A friend gave a Xmen 1 (UK variant) pretty rough condition but can't complain when it's free ... I noticed that the page 8 was detached and there is not the other page so it's missing I guess it's a ad page the story looks complete.

I wanted to know if it is a ad page ? and  if someone had a picture of it ? 

thanks

Walter 

307033612_10228606604659242_2640812639617972405_n.jpg307011564_10228606604739244_8038751021647562344_n.jpg

I'm surprised your post hasn't been answered yet!   I just happened to notice.  Anyway, here's a link to a YT video with page-by-page walkthru.  Should help.