• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

I am in! Got this at WW St Louis last year...

xmen1fc_zps1ab0fadd.jpg

xmen1bc_zps9c58f148.jpg

I am a lucky man in that the wife loves this book as much as me.

Very nice book :applause:

Excited to add the Green River copy to my collection today!

x-men1b_zps91ba91ab.jpg

Nice book - what grade if you do not mind me asking (thumbs u

I bought this from Ebay last year. It was sold to me as VG Raw, unrestored.

I had it sent to CGC and it's coming back trimmed, restored :( 4.5. Oh well, can't win them all.

I've gotten some really good stuff from ebay, but what can I say. At least it came back 4.5 because I would have really lost quite a bit of money if this would have came back lower as I originally thought, I was thinking 3.0 at best. It has really nice eye appeal but the inside was pretty bad. The front cover has 2 folds on it that go from top to bottom of the book, there was some pages folded inside as well.

IMG_1208_zps9e4e8bd7.jpg

IMG_1195_zpsac89ae0f.jpg

I had it sent to CGC and it's coming back trimmed, restored :( 4.5. Oh well, can't win them all.

I've gotten some really good stuff from ebay, but what can I say. At least it came back 4.5 because I would have really lost quite a bit of money if this would have came back lower as I originally thought, I was thinking 3.0 at best. It has really nice eye appeal but the inside was pretty bad. The front cover has 2 folds on it that go from top to bottom of the book, there was some pages folded inside as well.

IMG_1208_zps9e4e8bd7.jpg

]

Ebay horror. Trimmed! :tonofbricks: Who was the seller? So other board members can steer clear? :popcorn:

IMG_1208_zps9e4e8bd7.jpg

]

Ebay horror. Trimmed! :tonofbricks: Who was the seller? So other board members can steer clear? :popcorn:

Seller on ebay was bid-now-to-win. Listing said X-MEN #1 (1963) FIRST APP OF XMEN-UNGRADED-UNRESTORED - NO RESERVE.

I bought in july of last year. I still have some trouble checking for restoration on books, so when I received it, I couldnt really check or knew how to detect trimming. Plus, might have not been seller's fault, can't really know for sure if seller knew anything about it. Only went by feedback and looked ok besides it's more than likely to late to do anything about it. All I know is that I won't be buying from them anymore.

IMG_1208_zps9e4e8bd7.jpg

]

Damn, that sucks :foryou:

Maybe the seller did not know if the book was trimmed, but it would still be good to know who it is just in case they did know.