• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Based on the honesty of the boardie sellers the last few pages, you can create a pretty good price chart on your own. And based on that data, the approx price of each book is cheaper than it will be in 4-5 months, when the tv show hits, by approximately 10-15% for lower grades and 5-10% for higher grades. The scarcity of the book will keep them moving forward under their own merit towards a new pricing plateau with much less upward volatility in the next few years. The only way it could go volatile again is with a successful movie, to garner more exposure/buyers like the Marvel keys. The reaction of the crowd seeing the tv show pilot at SDCC will be huge to future of the character in the public eye as well.

20140624_203049_zps8e2e70b9.jpg

20140624_203102_zps33f5812a.jpg

Hi guys here is my Showcase 4 with Infantino's signature…

Sadly Carmine is gone but he went on to help usher in the silver

age of comics with this baby.

If you ever decided that didn't work with you anymore please let me know! (worship)

Can I get a coffee with it too ;)

Based on the honesty of the boardie sellers the last few pages, you can create a pretty good price chart on your own. And based on that data, the approx price of each book is cheaper than it will be in 4-5 months, when the tv show hits, by approximately 10-15% for lower grades and 5-10% for higher grades. The scarcity of the book will keep them moving forward under their own merit towards a new pricing plateau with much less upward volatility in the next few years. The only way it could go volatile again is with a successful movie, to garner more exposure/buyers like the Marvel keys. The reaction of the crowd seeing the tv show pilot at SDCC will be huge to future of the character in the public eye as well.

Well I think we can gauge the mid grades but what about a 2.0 or a 3.0...the one beyond 7.0 are so far and few between (forget who had the 7.5) but the offers were high but not high enough to move it at 35k

:cloud9:

I would hold on to that book forever if I was you. Good looking 3.5, OW/W and great sig placement.

I would hold on to that book forever if I was you. Good looking 3.5, OW/W and great sig placement.

Disagree, sell it to me. :D

Bidding war time. :sumo:

Do you own a copy yet?

Bidding war time. :sumo:

Do you own a copy yet?

I called dibs well before you 2 :sumo:

Guys...Guys settle down, I believe if I slice the book in half vertically you can both have a copy of it. Now the only thing that you have to decide is who gets the invention signature side. :)

Guys...Guys settle down, I believe if I slice the book in half vertically you can both have a copy of it. Now the only thing that you have to decide is who gets the invention signature side. :)

hm

Actually, both sides would be a good deal...

Signature is very pretty though. :D

It's horrible to see how much competition I(we) have for a copy of this book in this thread alone, disregarding all the other people in the hobby who are trying to get one right now.

It is not an easy book to find...

Has anyone tried approaching the seller of that 3.0 that's on ebay right now about working a deal for an off ebay transaction ?

-J.

Feels like Bizarro world with this book being in such demand right now, couldn't give away one of the many 7.5s on the market around 3-4 years ago.

Unfortunately I wasn't in a spot where I was collecting books of this value during that timeframe, even though it was a grail of mine back then as well.