• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

It's horrible to see how much competition I(we) have for a copy of this book in this thread alone, disregarding all the other people in the hobby who are trying to get one right now.

It is not an easy book to find...

:cloud9:

Has anyone tried approaching the seller of that 3.0 that's on ebay right now about working a deal for an off ebay transaction ?

-J.

(shrug) hit or miss on deals with eBay. Do you know the seller, are they reasonable?

If not, I don't want to go through the headache. That place is full of crazies. :screwy:

Feels like Bizarro world with this book being in such demand right now, couldn't give away one of the many 7.5s on the market around 3-4 years ago.

I can't say I can remember that (3-4 years ago anyway) but maybe I'm not aware of how many were being shopped around.

Every one I saw got snatched up chop-sweet. I remember losing a 7.5 on eBay for I think it was $11,000+/-

It's horrible to see how much competition I(we) have for a copy of this book in this thread alone, disregarding all the other people in the hobby who are trying to get one right now.

It is not an easy book to find...

:cloud9:

Has anyone tried approaching the seller of that 3.0 that's on ebay right now about working a deal for an off ebay transaction ?

-J.

(shrug) hit or miss on deals with eBay. Do you know the seller, are they reasonable?

If not, I don't want to go through the headache. That place is full of crazies. :screwy:

It's a solid seller and he has the same copy on comic connect right now. His 8k asking price with no make offer option is somewhat disconcerting but who knows at the rate things are going, this time in 8-12 months it may not be.

-J.

20140624_203049_zps8e2e70b9.jpg

Having a creators/ original cover artists signature on the cover of a huge DC key is such a horrible thing to do. (tsp) Lucky for you I have a heart for such unwanted books, would take it off your hands and would put it up right next to my shameful DC key signature addition. Unfortunately having a SC#22 signed by Kane in a CGC SS was not an option :sorry:

Your signed Hulk #1 also rocks btw :headbang:

AllAmericanComics16mediumjpgoriginal.jpeg

Thanks for the complement on this one and the hulk…

Your All American 16 is a book that I have always loved but have never owned BIG KUDOS to you sir! I own a golden age Green lantern 1 restored and another one coverless but that 16 is a jewel...

The better looking 4.0 is sitting there at $7500 and no one has pulled the trigger on that one.it So it's gonna end up less than that. I definitely don't see it going over $7000 or they would just pick up the other copy.

Obviously the seller of the 4.0 on the exchange knows he will get his price sooner rather than later, and considering how rare the book is, 7500 for it will probably look like a deal in six months, and even at that price is the lowest priced publicly available blue label that I can find right now. The one at the auction may not fetch that but I can easily envision a final sales price range of 6600-7200, with a very real and likely chance that it will crack 7k, for the reasons stated above.

As for the back cover scans doesn't comic link provide upon request ?

-J.

:whistle:

-J.

The better looking 4.0 is sitting there at $7500 and no one has pulled the trigger on that one.it So it's gonna end up less than that. I definitely don't see it going over $7000 or they would just pick up the other copy.

Obviously the seller of the 4.0 on the exchange knows he will get his price sooner rather than later, and considering how rare the book is, 7500 for it will probably look like a deal in six months, and even at that price is the lowest priced publicly available blue label that I can find right now. The one at the auction may not fetch that but I can easily envision a final sales price range of 6600-7200, with a very real and likely chance that it will crack 7k, for the reasons stated above.

-J.

-J.

Pulled the trigger on it :applause:

-J.

-J.

Pulled the trigger on it :applause:

Actually I did not lol. I went all the way up to 7k on it though. My whistle guy was because the book went for just slightly over my early price prediction. I do hope another boardie did get it though.

-J.

Wow! Nothing short of wow! I just watched the Flash pilot and I thought it was waaay better than Smallville and Arrow. Good cast, good story, great pace, loved it! It is also appealing to a younger audience than the dark themed Arrow is, which might help its popularity a lot.

I could see prices rising even faster once the series gets started :applause:

I felt the exact same way after I watched it today. The character was very well represented, and the effects were perfect. So much happened in the 47 minutes I had to re-watch it twice. Lots of spoilers that I won't leave here, but I feel that Zoom will be the key to it all.

I felt the exact same way after I watched it today. The character was very well represented, and the effects were perfect. So much happened in the 47 minutes I had to re-watch it twice. Lots of spoilers that I won't leave here, but I feel that Zoom will be the key to it all.

Can I presume that it will be a cold day in hell before someone pries one of those SC 4's in your massive, aneurysm

inducing sig line from your hands ? lol:baiting:

-J.

I actually had a deal on the table for my 5.5 last Friday that fell through on the buyer's end at the very end. So never say never. It would have been a record sale for the grade, as far as I know.

edit: Sorry about the aneurisms... lol

Edited by Sam I am