• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Looking to get back in...a 2.5 to a 3.5 maybe a little higher.

Just give me a holler.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/showcase-4-the-flash-dc-1956-cgc-gd-20-cream-to-off-white-pages/p/7097-33219.s

-J.

Any thoughts as to what price this one will end up at?

Shockingly there are only a few unrestored on the market right now, despite the recent price spikes.

$4,000-ish is my estimate.

-J.

Just give me a holler.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/showcase-4-the-flash-dc-1956-cgc-gd-20-cream-to-off-white-pages/p/7097-33219.s

-J.

Shockingly there are only a few unrestored on the market right now, despite the recent price spikes.

-J.

4k is pretty good. There is a 3.0 on feebay asking for 8k and a raw that might hit a 1.0 for 5k.

I've been hunting for a lowgrade copy of this book at a "decent" price for the last year. =(

Just give me a holler.

-J.

-J.

4k is pretty good. There is a 3.0 on feebay asking for 8k and a raw that might hit a 1.0 for 5k.

I've been hunting for a lowgrade copy of this book at a "decent" price for the last year. =(

Do you think it could flirt with $5k due to the lack of decent lower grade inventory ?

-J.

Just give me a holler.

-J.

-J.

Do you think it could flirt with $5k due to the lack of decent lower grade inventory ?

-J.

It won't shock me if it flirts with 5k. HA sucks as an option for me anyway since I get hit with the 9% CA sales tax, in addition to the buyers premium fee that they tack on.

I think the lack of inventory for low grades is what is causing the increase in prices.

Cheri - do you know of anyone selling a 4.5 for $4,500? I'll pay $5,500 and you can make a dime!

Joey

I believe That sale was already dismissed as an eBay fraud sale.

This book is on fire and rightly so...

I just sold my 3.5 signature series for 9.5 k

And now I think I might have sold it too cheap.

(shrug)

$2,000 premium versus half a grade up blue-label.

As it stands today, I think you got a great price for your book!

In a few months though, who knows. Maybe it was a steal (probably not though).

Ditto what Sam said!

I've been reading DC archives of the showcases and the foreword about issue 4 is very telling.

They simply needed something to fill the next issue of showcase and someone threw out the idea of bringing back the Flash - and some poo-pooed the idea - but they decided to give it a whirl, on a lark, and inadvertent sparked the resurgence of superheros. The stories are very basic and almost seem like outlines for the more complicated origins that have been weaved into these rudimentary scripts. But as I was reading them - with their little bits of science here and there ( the editors notes were my favorites!) I can recall how my imagination filled the gaps in writing, powered by infantinos brilliant interpretation of speed - and created this world of wonder where anything was possible. No wonder a pudgy science nerd would fall in love with a character who was both smart and athletic without working out?

Almost forgot my point - :blahblah: get these editions if you can't open the books and read them. In fact get them even if you can - the paper is so much nicer than newsprint - and you get the foreword which is cool - AND all the covers, titles, writers and artists credits - and decent printing quality to boot - they didn't "airbrush" this - its the original colors as far as I can tell.

That's all folks! :hi: