• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Robb said it right, there is only a 50% chance (maybe less) that the resto could even be removed without destroying the book (and sending the grade much lower - even if the seller didn't care about destroying it - which I would hope is NOT the case!)

The math is simple. with a blue label 4.0 worth, say $9K, it's a real stretch to pay $5K for that book. Of course, if the buyer just wanted a nice presenting copy......they're pretty rare. So few copies of this grail around, I've always been surprised how cheap it had been (starting to come to reality now).

Joey

hi joey, why 9k?, the 4.0 on comic link has been there for a while w/ the highest bid at 6,250(something like that)

I did notice that:

link

There's a that 4.5 sold for $7200 recently (listed 3/13/2014) as well.

That books presents well for the grade and old label goodness.

I meant to use $8K, actually, but the point I was illustrating with the math is still the same.

One thing people have to remember with SC4 (different from AF15) is there are so few copies, that price will be / are much more volatile. Hopefully that means that collectors dying for a copy can still find one without losing and arm....AND new record prices are realized all the time, giving credit where it's due, to such an iconic book. I sold a 5.5 not long ago for $13K and wish I kept it, frankly.....just needed some dough.

The Clink 4.0 is decent, not spectacular....and the seller isn't willing to take less than $7.5K. Someone will buy it, only a matter of time. I heard of another 4.0 with an $8.0K offer, but the seller isn't willing to let it go. He's a boardie, i'll let him decide if he wants to contribute to the discussion.

Joey

I'm with joey. That 4.0 on comic link is the most affordable un restored copy out there right now. The restored 4.0 copy selling for $5k on heritage helped its cause. I would expect sooner rather than later someone will decide to stop nickel and diming the seller and pull the trigger on it.

-J.

I did just sell a 5.0 for 10k ...

To be honest (and I told buyer this) I was going to price at 8995 at heroes but he offered me 10 to sell it now... So I obliged

I did just sell a 5.0 for 10k ...

To be honest (and I told buyer this) I was going to price at 8995 at heroes but he offered me 10 to sell it now... So I obliged

$10K feels like a fair price if it was a nice presenting copy (which knowing you it was likely tops).

Remember, that's somebody's baby there your talking about ;)

AND those rat-chew marks on the upper left corner of the book add character! :wink:

A rodent with a discriminating palette apparently ;)

AND those rat-chew marks on the upper left corner of the book add character! :wink:

For all I know, Mickey himself could have had a taste.

lol. Chewed or not....I'd be thrilled to have that book. :)

For all I know, Mickey himself could have had a taste.

lol. Chewed or not....I'd be thrilled to have that book. :)

+1

It really is only a little chewed...