• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I sold a 4.0 at heroes for 8k

GPA is $4,525 lol

What does gpa say about the 5.0 I sold last month for 10 k lol

Just too much demand and no real supply to speak of. I can't replace these copies even at prices im selling for

GPA is $4,525 lol

$8,365 :eek: Will these (4.0 and 5.0) eventually show up on GPA? hm

GPA is $4,525 lol

Nope and since Clink doesn't report neither will those.

GPA is $4,525 lol

Not my sales

. . . so cool that in the trailers for the TV show Barry's carrying a magazine with the word "SHOWCASE" in the title.

I never would have imagined I'd see this day come.

:whee:

GPA is $4,525 lol

Not my sales

I wasn't sure :foryou:

Just too much demand and no real supply to speak of. I can't replace these copies even at prices im selling for

What are your thoughts on total supply of this book? Are there a lot of copies sitting out there unslabbed? Is this the toughest of the big SA keys?

GPA is $4,525 lol

Nope and since Clink doesn't report neither will those.

I believe both 5.0's verified GPA sales are from Heritage.

What are your thoughts on total supply of this book? Are there a lot of copies sitting out there unslabbed? Is this the toughest of the big SA keys?

This is easily the toughest SA key. No one can know how many are out there raw, but based on how many restored copies relative to unrestored that are on the census one could extrapolate that a lot of those copies still in the wild are also restored. Some of the more seasoned collectors may correct me if I'm wrong but I believe showcase 4 was the most valuable SA comic for many years until AF 15 overtook it some years back. And we all know plentiful those are in relation to SC 4.

-J.

I don't have the exact video (and I can't look at all of them now) - but it isn't hard to find - it was one of the videos that links to it were recently posted here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7793190&fpart=4

Thanks Bob. I tried to find it, but can't. I'll put more time into later.

This is easily the toughest SA key. No one can know how many are out there raw, but based on how many restored copies relative to unrestored that are on the census one could extrapolate that a lot of those copies still in the wild are also restored. Some of the more seasoned collectors may correct me if I'm wrong but I believe showcase 4 was the most valuable SA comic for many years until AF 15 overtook it some years back. And we all know plentiful those are in relation to SC 4.

-J.

I agree this book is the most scarce SA key. This is one of the most restored keys during the 1990's. Showcase in the early 90's was the most valuable book for a few years before AF15 retook it's lead. If I recall there was a Flash show in the early 90's too and prices jump tremendously. This SC4 in 5.0 and under is beginning to go for half as much as AF15's in similar grades.

I don't have the exact video (and I can't look at all of them now) - but it isn't hard to find - it was one of the videos that links to it were recently posted here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7793190&fpart=4

I found one, it's in the extended trailer, but I think there's another shot with it in it (shrug)

Frame 339

ScreenShot2014-06-23at35206PM_zps9fb55aea.png

I found one, it's in the extended trailer, but I think there's another shot with it in it (shrug)

Frame 339

ScreenShot2014-06-23at35206PM_zps9fb55aea.png

The "Science Showcase", oh the sci-fi Flash ;) Thank you for your efforts Bob.

I had 9 copies about 2 years ago...sold 5 of them and was able to buy 3 more last year and 1 late last year...so, I had 8 available last year, heading into the con season.... sold 4, so I have only had 4 this year...have sold 3 and bought one back, now I am down to just a 3.0 (the one recently bought back from a buddy), and my 7.5 that I'm getting offers today, much higher than I had priced for at Atlanta con last month (I adjusted price up for heroes lol )