• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kansas City cgc 8.0 Action 1

820 posts in this topic

What's exciting to me about the sale of the Kansas City Action #1 is the affirmation that Superman is still king. I was buying Actions and Supes off the spinner rack before I could even read, and today those two titles remain the focus of my collecting. I know some people think he's boring, milk-toast, yada yada yada. To me, he's an indestructible being from another planet, an adopted Earthling, who reminds us what being human, or humane, is all about. I know my life has been enriched by Superman's presence on Earth, even if it's only in funny books and on the silver screen. :)

What's exciting to me about the sale of the Kansas City Action #1 is the affirmation that Superman is still king. I was buying Actions and Supes off the spinner rack before I could even read, and today those two titles remain the focus of my collecting. I know some people think he's boring, milk-toast, yada yada yada. To me, he's an indestructible being from another planet, an adopted Earthling, who reminds us what being human, or humane, is all about. I know my life has been enriched by Superman's presence on Earth, even if it's only in funny books and on the silver screen. :)
hm

Batman's still king.... there are just fewer Action 1s than Tec 27s.

Then the highest graded copy of TEC 27 should sell for more then the 2nd highest graded Action #1, right?

Only if TEC 27 8.0 can sell for over a million.

Then the highest graded copy of TEC 27 should sell for more then the 2nd highest graded Action #1, right?

No, I don't understand your reasoning. The rarity of Action 1 certainly helps to make it more valuable than Tec27. When I say that Batman is king, I say that he's the more relevent character today.

No, I don't understand your reasoning. The rarity of Action 1 certainly helps to make it more valuable than Tec27.

Not rarity. Action #1 is a more important comic book.

No, I don't understand your reasoning. The rarity of Action 1 certainly helps to make it more valuable than Tec27.

But the rarest graded TEC 27 is up for auction.

No, I don't understand your reasoning. The rarity of Action 1 certainly helps to make it more valuable than Tec27. When I say that Batman is king, I say that he's the more relevent character today.

Although Bats is more popular it seems, Superman is more important historically.

I would love to know how they conducted payment for the 1 mil action 1. Wire transfer, money in a suit case? haha.

Also wonder if the buyer is doing any kind of a time payment. If you can afford to spend 1 mil on 1 comic I think not. But still 1 million is a ton for one transaction...

When I say that Batman is king, I say that he's the more relevent character today.

How so? Are we talking about movies or comic books?

panty hose commercials silly :makepoint:

No, your talking about the motion picture business.

I would love to know how they conducted payment for the 1 mil action 1. Wire transfer, money in a suit case? haha.

Also wonder if the buyer is doing any kind of a time payment. If you can afford to spend 1 mil on 1 comic I think not. But still 1 million is a ton for one transaction...

Probably a Brinks came and deliver the cash. lol

Did Stephen have an armed police officer with him when he brought the books (3.0 & 8.0) to fox news? I imagine you would have to be pretty careful travelling around NYC with $1.15 worth of merchandise that is so portable. I can't imagine he took the subway. How did he do it?

When I think of a ton for one transaction I think of this check:

the-9-billion-check-32430-1259880884-42.jpg

Which also happened in NYC, of course.

Just wrote this in the general section Action comics #1 sale thread.

It probably is better suited to this thread.

It's going to be interesting how much this sale changes the landscape, short and long term. Just an amazing accomplishement. We all knew it would happen one day, and almost undoubtedly was going to be a Action #1, but still, I am stunned.

Really have to give Vincent and Stephen credit. I realize they are in business, and there primary motive is for profit, but after this sale, more then ever, it is clear to me that many years from now, when the book is written, and time has given us some distance and objectiveness, they are going to be duly recognized for their influence, contributions, accomplishments and advancement of our hobby.