• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Boardies
6 6

406 posts in this topic

Haven't seen Aces post in forever

I started a thread asking about Aces a few weeks ago but nobody had heard from him. Burntboy is AWOL, too.

I've been away from the boards for about 6 months now.

Had to work on selling my house and was successful in selling it to an ex-pat living in Japan through the NY Post.

Then preparing for the move took up a month or two of my life.

Then the need to pretty up the new house in Pa has taken the last 3 months. (Including a 1200 square foot Man-Cave with my comic-themed office). This should finally be completed in time for my annual Final-Four party on 4/3/10.

I expect to be reading and commenting regularly from time to time.

I also owe a number of folks numerous copies of my Heritage Auction Brochures going back to 2005, and will be getting that done soon.

Looks like nothing much has happened in the last 6 months, anyway... ;)

GoodyRickles (may have morphed into Fourth World)

Lighthouse

Lighthouse turned out to be a crook and left in shame. No mystery as to where he is.

(tsk)

Oddly enough I got an email from him last week (hadn't heard from him in over a year). He sent 99.9% of his comic and TPBs to the soldiers in Iraq... something like 100,000 lbs of stuff. Living/working in San Diego now.

Dude, it took 3 years to pay my friend back $10k. And only because we threatened legal action. Sorry, that's a criminal in my book. He also failed to send a bunch of stuff to a number of boardies here as well.

Is he doing better now, according to you yes, but please don't try and tell me he didn't put my friend through the ringer and told lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie.

Scheradon (shrug)

Good call. John is/was a really good dude. I got the impression that life got in the way of collecting and he had to sell off most or all of his books. He loved him some late Bronze Marvels . . .

Scheradon (shrug)

Good call. John is/was a really good dude. I got the impression that life got in the way of collecting and he had to sell off most or all of his books. He loved him some late Bronze Marvels . . .

John is well, but not actively collecting now. :hi:

AnfieldFox, always a great boardie from the UK...

Anfield (Matt) was a dude and a half. Probably busy producing hip hop.

I was looking through some old posts today and noticed Showcase-4 name on one of the posts. Whatever happened to him? He hasn't posted since October of last year.

If I remember correctly, he had some financial problems and sold off his collection.

He was in the mortgage business (as were other board members), which didn't do so well lately.

GoodyRickles (may have morphed into Fourth World)

Lighthouse

Lighthouse turned out to be a crook and left in shame. No mystery as to where he is.

(tsk)

Oddly enough I got an email from him last week (hadn't heard from him in over a year). He sent 99.9% of his comic and TPBs to the soldiers in Iraq... something like 100,000 lbs of stuff. Living/working in San Diego now.

Dude, it took 3 years to pay my friend back $10k. And only because we threatened legal action. Sorry, that's a criminal in my book. He also failed to send a bunch of stuff to a number of boardies here as well.

Is he doing better now, according to you yes, but please don't try and tell me he didn't put my friend through the ringer and told lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie, after lie.

Dude, don't dude me dude; I'm the one that got him on the phone with you, and got him to make good with Bruce, and mailed out hundreds of books to fellow boardies, and issued thousands of dollars in refunds. It was not good, no way, no how. You can say crook and criminal all you want but I don't think the intent was ever there to intentionally defraud anyone. He just f'ked up really bad... several times.

UCLAPeter?

The one thing I remember about Peter is that he was always complaining that he could never find a nice FF #10 without a printer's crease.

I used to PM him once in a while as a joke to tell him I have one only to burst his bubble.

lol

He just f'ked up really bad... several times.

That's what I got from Lighthouse too. Business just didn't do well for him.

UCLAPeter?

The one thing I remember about Peter is that he was always complaining that he could never find a nice FF #10 without a printer's crease.

I used to PM him once in a while as a joke to tell him I have one only to burst his bubble.

lol

And that drove him away. (tsk)

How about Comicgrinder? There was a really great fundraiser for him.

Took the money and ran

Dude, he's going through a world of mess right now. Funnybooks should be the last thing he gives a damn about.

Well, some people here gave a damn about him. (shrug)

I'll see if I can get in touch with him and give a report on how he's doing. (thumbs u

Thanks, James is a good guy in my book.

He just f'ked up really bad... several times.

That's what I got from Lighthouse too. Business just didn't do well for him.

I've never met someone before who could turn nothing into gold and then straight into as easily as he could. Had he been able to keep from flaking out he could have easily become a national-level BSD.

UCLAPeter?

lol

And that drove him away. (tsk)

:(

UCLAPeter?

lol

Didn't he change his board name to something else?? Or was he something else first and change it to UCLAPeter?? I'm so confused...

UCLAPeter?

lol

Didn't he change his board name to something else?? Or was he something else first and change it to UCLAPeter?? I'm so confused...

Pretty sure his final incarnation was uclapeterg