• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dentist
2 2

173 posts in this topic

I remember reading several months ago a thread that Dr. Anderson owned the highest graded (but not slabbed) grail. Was it Tec 27 or Action 1? I also remember several people on the forum have seen the book and thought it was in the 9.2 to 9.4 range.

For the life of me I can't dig up that thread. Would appreciate it if someone remembered the book and the thread.

Thanks

Just to re-enforce what "Dark Knight" said, a while back when Steve Borock saw it, he said the Tec 27 would likely be a solid 9.6 while the Action 1 was likely a 9.4 (others have said 9.2 - 9.4) & of course this was not an official grade nor closely scruitinized.

Edited by detective35DF

Just to re-enforce what "Dark Knight" said, a while back when Steve Borock saw it, he said the Tec 27 would likely be a solid 9.6 while the Action 1 was likely a 9.4 (others have said 9.2 - 9.4) & of course this was not an official grade nor closely scruitinized.

Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when Steve was looking at them. :cloud9:

Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when Steve was looking at them. :cloud9:

not me, I hear the Dr carries a big rolled up newspaper with him :o

not me, I hear the Dr carries a big rolled up newspaper with him :o

It's actually his undercopy of Action #1. He keeps it rolled up in his back pocket.

Anyone know why he doesn't want to slab them?

Would you want to risk damaging them? I wouldn't. Sure, we'd all like to know the CGC grade of the books, but there's no reason for Dave to slab them.

I actually spoke to him about it a few years ago and his responce was why should he risk the book getting damaged to have it put in a plastic coffin.

Dont blame him at all with a book of astronomical value I must say.

Remember what happened to Robert B. Hes still after CGC with a vengence.

Remember what happened to Robert B. Hes still after CGC with a vengence.

Don't know this story. Care to share.

the whole All Star 8 and 22, etc... Blbcomics?... surely you know it :baiting:

If he's not selling them he wouldn't care.

Bingo.

I also think that as time has gone by he realizes that those two particular books will have much more of an aura surrounding them as long as they remain unslabbed. The speculation about grade and value will continue to be fodder for new chat-board threads, convention discussions, and collector's fantasies until the moment the books are graded and/or sold. All of the talk adds to the perceived value in the long run. I would bet that the three million dollar books all hit those prices exactly because Dave's books have not been graded.

But to be fair to CGC another huge collector John Verzyl has confidence in them.

They graded his AA# 16 Mile High copy. Im sure that was hand delivered . Maybe he even watched the intire grading process.I know I would if it were allowed.