• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off your favorite poor condition book!!

156 posts in this topic

I have posted before and fits with this thread..

Detective # 27,,missing front cover but centerfold and back cover o.k,,

File0054.jpg

Here is my #28, in the exact same condition as your # 27.

Missing FC Only, otherwise complete.

IMG_1325.jpg

I have posted before and fits with this thread..

Detective # 27,,missing front cover but centerfold and back cover o.k,,

File0054.jpg

Here is my #28, in the exact same condition as your # 27.

Missing FC Only, otherwise complete.

IMG_1325.jpg

:luhv:

This copy is missing the back cover has tape and foxing but :cloud9:

File0281.jpg

(worship)

One of the greatest books of all-time; in any condition.

What do you think the FMV would be for this book in the given condition?

I got this book at least 15 years ago or more and I paid something like $700 or

$800,,I'm thinking $2200 or so might be right on this book today if I decided to sell it,,The pages are White/Off-White,,The thing is I have an exact back cover,,All I have to do is marry it together...

This copy is missing the back cover has tape and foxing but :cloud9:

File0281.jpg

(worship)

One of the greatest books of all-time; in any condition.

What do you think the FMV would be for this book in the given condition?

$800,,I'm thinking $2200 or so might be right on this book today if I decided to sell it,,The pages are White/Off-White,,The thing is I have an exact back cover,,All I have to do is marry it together...

$2,200 would be a fantastic price for a book of this magnitude; with or without a married back-cover. (thumbs u

$2,200 would be a fantastic price for a book of this magnitude; with or without a married back-cover. (thumbs u

You're right,,maybe closer to $4,000 might be on the mark,,,

Well, I've been dying to post this book in here so here goes. I've only had it a short while but as you all know I am in the business of buying and selling comics now so I can't hang on to everything forever so this book will shortly be moving on to a new owner. It was an honor to be keeper of such a rare book if even for a short time. The book is completely unrestored. The new owner has asked that details remain anonymous so I'd ask that you respect that.

Enjoy,

PepComics22.jpg

Well, I've been dying to post this book in here so here goes. I've only had it a short while but as you all know I am in the business of buying and selling comics now so I can't hang on to everything forever so this book will shortly be moving on to a new owner. It was an honor to be keeper of such a rare book if even for a short time. The book is completely unrestored. The new owner has asked that details remain anonymous so I'd ask that you respect that.

Enjoy,

PepComics22.jpg

Enjoy it I briefly did - thank you for showing me the book at SDCC...any copy of Pep 22 is well worth seeing in person.

So, when are we going to start seeing business cards with "Roy's Comic Shop" on them? :baiting:

Very nice Roy! On my all time top 5 list, you would find Pep #22 in the mix with the other usual suspects, Action #1, Tec #27 and so on. And of the non super-hero books, Pep #22 would be my #1. Is this book really this scarce or are they buried in collectors' collections?

What a great thread this is! I can't top the Superman #8 that was reconstructed with everything but a box of band-aids, or the Detective #33 that fed a generation of raccoons (a completely awesome book!)...but at one point, this was the pride and joy of my golden age collection because it actually had a cover :grin:

bat10front.jpg