• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

So nothing new.

Pretty much.

About what I figured. I personally have heard horror stories from both companies. But CGC is the lesser of the 2 evils.

What CGC horror stories have you heard?

I like the ASM 129 story - I think that is it. Bob bought it off the rack.

Submits it to CGC three times (long story there) and the third time it comes back a plod.

All from memory, so someone should do a search. The search function hasn't worked for me in the past month or so - no matches to anything.

Thanks and I saw the thread about it just now. That really is crazy and while I didn't read all 47 pages of the thread...I can see that mistakes do happen.

No company is perfect just like no person is perfect. So with so many books being graded, I can see where there could be mistakes. Sometimes they can be costly. Based on what I have seen on this forum the majority of the time (probably 99%) the books are getting the right grading.

The PGX stories are much more serious and plentiful. CGC just seems to have a much better track record than PGX so I wouldn't refer to CGC as a lesser of two evils (as someone posted earlier).

actually, what I've heard about BMWs is that they are very expensive junk cars :think:

My wife has a 328i and just loves it

My brother-in-law had a matched set of Bavarias, and the engine blocks cracked on both of them at 80,000 miles.

Since we are talking BMWs for a second...

I had two BMWs are they were two of THE BEST cars i've owned to date. I had a 325 and a 525. I now have a Mercedes and the BMWs were just better cars. More for the money too.

That's been my experience.

Well, Daniel has decided to respond to her accusations.

Hello,

This is Daniel with PGX.

I believe what is being posted by this person is very libel and I am not going to respond directly to anything she is posting.

I know PGX is a good company that does not cheat or steal or rip anyone off. When we have made mistakes we have corrected them to a fault where we were scammed by someone for money.

I dislike posting anything about this but I think you should know who is posting these things.

This person is indeed an ex from years ago who has never worked for PGX. Everyone that really knows this person knows her as a liar and someone that is not mentally stable. This includes her family, the police, a detective, and a judge who called her a liar in court. Her response to these things were to say that the police are out to get her and are threatening her, the detective is a liar, and the judge is biased against her. She changed her name in attempt to hide from authorities. She has ripped off and/or drained money from everyone that she could.

She has done terrible things and has intentionally harmed everyone in her life and continues to attempt to do so and feels justified in doing so. She was eventually hunted down by the FBI, spent a long time in jail, and was convicted of theft, stolen vehicle and kidnapping of a child(custodial interference, same difference in my opinion). Through all this she still believes she is the victim and cannot accept what she has done and the harm she has caused so many people.

I do not write any of this to embarrass her or anything other than show what is only a small glimpse of who is posting. There are worse things that have been done by this person that I will not post. Although I was unable to help her I truly hope that she can get the help she needs and regain her life.

Everything written here can be proven.

I don't know if it was a good idea to post here at all. I do not intend on posting again.

Daniel

:popcorn:

Hello,

This is Daniel with PGX.

I believe what is being posted by this person is very libel and I am not going to respond directly to anything she is posting.

I know PGX is a good company that does not cheat or steal or rip anyone off. When we have made mistakes we have corrected them to a fault where we were scammed by someone for money.

I dislike posting anything about this but I think you should know who is posting these things.

This person is indeed an ex from years ago who has never worked for PGX. Everyone that really knows this person knows her as a liar and someone that is not mentally stable. This includes her family, the police, a detective, and a judge who called her a liar in court. Her response to these things were to say that the police are out to get her and are threatening her, the detective is a liar, and the judge is biased against her. She changed her name in attempt to hide from authorities. She has ripped off and/or drained money from everyone that she could.

She has done terrible things and has intentionally harmed everyone in her life and continues to attempt to do so and feels justified in doing so. She was eventually hunted down by the FBI, spent a long time in jail, and was convicted of theft, stolen vehicle and kidnapping of a child(custodial interference, same difference in my opinion). Through all this she still believes she is the victim and cannot accept what she has done and the harm she has caused so many people.

I do not write any of this to embarrass her or anything other than show what is only a small glimpse of who is posting. There are worse things that have been done by this person that I will not post. Although I was unable to help her I truly hope that she can get the help she needs and regain her life.

I don't know if it was a good idea to post here at all. I do not intend on posting again.

Daniel

Sounds like she was a Yugo.

Hum, I am not that familiar with the history but what is the difference between PGX and CGG? Why do I ask? I find the phrase "This person ... has never worked for PGX" rather convenient. He never says she did not work for CGG.

Nor does he actually refute her claims other than attack her personally.

Perhaps its time to have the grading process videotaped for the customer as an option for an additional fee? I would pay the extra money for a DVD copy of my book being graded and encapsulated- especially if it's an expensive book.

Perhaps its time to have the grading process videotaped for the customer as an option for an additional fee? I would pay the extra money for a DVD copy of my book being graded and encapsulated- especially if it's an expensive book.

hm

Wow ! This is better than The Housewives of New Jersey.

Sometimes I wonder if CGC purposely hammers books knowing that they will be cracked and re-submitted later, thus keeping their revenue stream going. CGC clearly under-grades many books. I stay away from PGX as I've never seen a PGX book where I agreed with the grading. At least with CGC I can say, "Damn, I'm gonna buy that book and resubmit it."

One thing does not add up; maybe he's confused or is embellishing but changing one's name will not allow you to hide from anybody that is truly looking for you. The procedure is a matter of Court record, and your SS# follows you wherever you go.

So when he says she changed her name in order to hide from the authorities, he is flat out wrong.

One thing is obvious:

Whether you are PGX the company, PGX the owner/employee, or PGX the baby-momma, you need to make better choices... both inside and outside of work.

That's a lot of drama.

With that, I think this thread is done. :kidaround:

One thing is obvious:

Whether you are PGX the company, PGX the owner/employee, or PGX the baby-momma, you need to make better choices... both inside and outside of work.

That's a lot of drama.

With that, I think this thread is done. :kidaround:

Until the woman comes back lol

Hello,

This is Daniel with PGX.

Daniel

So, was she good-looking?

Since we are talking BMWs for a second...

I had two BMWs are they were two of THE BEST cars i've owned to date. I had a 325 and a 525. I now have a Mercedes and the BMWs were just better cars. More for the money too.

That's been my experience.

I prefer Audi.

Based on what I have seen on this forum the majority of the time (probably 99%) the books are getting the right grading.

Whilst I have a lot more trust in CGC's business practices, I have little confidence in their grading. They are (a) inconsistant and (b) far too loose. I think there's been a marked deterioration in their standards over the last 12-18 months.

Hello,

This is Daniel with PGX.

Daniel

How is something 'very libel'?

'Libel' is a noun. A noun can't be 'very' anything.

Very fridge? Very shoes? Very guest room? hm

Nope, as well as a fraudster, the man is also a cretin. :applause:

I beg to differ Bob. PGX is to Comic encapsulation what Yugos were to the automotive industry; cheap, unreliable, and ultimately, a failure. Comparing PGX to CGC has always been like comparing a Yugo to a BMW. Sure, both cars have four tires and can get you (maybe) from Point A to Point B. Just like both encapsulation companies entomb their finish product in plastic outer shells, but that's pretty much where the similarities end.

No one who has done their homework on PGX should really find this thread shocking at all.

I beg to differ with your analogy. The general public was well aware that they were getting what they were paying for with a Yugo, it was fairly common knowledge that they were junk cars.

While it's true that PGX's bountiful shortcomings are well known around here, I don't believe the typical collector is as well informed as the members of this board are. It might not even occur to the casual collector that PGX are something that should be researched.

I'm trying to come up with anything (advertisement, word-of-mouth) about PGX, or CGG back in the day, that would've led me to believe they were a professional, above-board outfit worth of mention in the same breadth as CGC. Frankly, I can't do it. I had reservations about submitting anything to them, and this was before I ever joined these Boards.