• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

Well, Daniel has decided to respond to her accusations.

Hello,

This is Daniel with PGX.

I believe what is being posted by this person is very libel and I am not going to respond directly to anything she is posting.

I know PGX is a good company that does not cheat or steal or rip anyone off. When we have made mistakes we have corrected them to a fault where we were scammed by someone for money.

I dislike posting anything about this but I think you should know who is posting these things.

This person is indeed an ex from years ago who has never worked for PGX. Everyone that really knows this person knows her as a liar and someone that is not mentally stable. This includes her family, the police, a detective, and a judge who called her a liar in court. Her response to these things were to say that the police are out to get her and are threatening her, the detective is a liar, and the judge is biased against her. She changed her name in attempt to hide from authorities. She has ripped off and/or drained money from everyone that she could.

She has done terrible things and has intentionally harmed everyone in her life and continues to attempt to do so and feels justified in doing so. She was eventually hunted down by the FBI, spent a long time in jail, and was convicted of theft, stolen vehicle and kidnapping of a child(custodial interference, same difference in my opinion). Through all this she still believes she is the victim and cannot accept what she has done and the harm she has caused so many people.

I do not write any of this to embarrass her or anything other than show what is only a small glimpse of who is posting. There are worse things that have been done by this person that I will not post. Although I was unable to help her I truly hope that she can get the help she needs and regain her life.

Everything written here can be proven.

I don't know if it was a good idea to post here at all. I do not intend on posting again.

Daniel

:popcorn:

How is something 'very libel'?

'Libel' is a noun. A noun can't be 'very' anything.

Very fridge? Very shoes? Very guest room? hm

Nope, as well as a fraudster, the man is also a cretin. :applause:

Very cretin.

i just watched the video of the guy opening the TMNT #1. i don't see why so many people didn't believe him. i listened to it without audio, so maybe that helped, but the video, while long, easily proved for me that it was switched out.

No company is perfect just like no person is perfect. So with so many books being graded, I can see where there could be mistakes. Sometimes they can be costly. Based on what I have seen on this forum the majority of the time (probably 99%) the books are getting the right grading.

I hope you don't mean from scans you've seen on this Board, because we all know grading from a scan is for suckers.

I am not a proponet of PGX or whatever the intials may be today or tomorrow.

Having said that. I would like to point out a few things.

1. No one should be shocked, nor have much belief in accusations, from a women scorned. It is common place for them to embellish and mis-state things about their former boyfriend/lover/husband.

2. If someone had knowledge as she allegedly does concerning fraud, theft or whatever else of a law violation she wants to throw out there. Why in the world would she not go to some legal authority with said info and perhaps some evidence (photos, "confiscated" paperwork or other possibilities)? Or, at the very least, somewhere other than a chat forum?

3, I NEVER believe a woman 100%, let alone a scorned woman. Nor even one who was the scorner of the man she is "telling" on.

4. Believe little of what you read on the internet. Trust only what you see with your own eyes. But not if it is video or photo.

5. I still do not buy the TMNT slab opening story and video. How many of you have videoed your slab openings? How many of you that felt the need to video a slab opening, didn't feel the need to have a couple of witnesses with you when you did it?

6. CGC gets it wrong sometimes (yes, the argument could be made that if the umpire does not call the pitch a strike, it is not a strike), but they have a better track record than PGX. A different track record is for consumer digestion and is not necessarily an indication of shanigans. But PGX has a better track record than our own government. Does that make our government crooks?....er...ah..krap. I think I just destroyed my own argument.

If this women is not willing to put her allegations on paper, and sign it. Then it should not be taken seriously. I'm just saying.

Hum, I am not that familiar with the history but what is the difference between PGX and CGG? Why do I ask? I find the phrase "This person ... has never worked for PGX" rather convenient. He never says she did not work for CGG.

Or PGA, but that didn't last long.

I've never subbed to CGG or PGX, but I did sub to PGA and every book I've resubbed to CGC has come back higher....

If you know who subbed the books and the books were 8.0 or higher, you might have a shot at an upgrade with CGC, but if you don't know who subbed the books, it's a crapshoot with so much shenanigans going on.

I sold a few that I probably should have resubbed as well including an ASM 90 in 9.6 and, Iron Fist 14 in 9.2, and my xmen 95 in 9.0 but I was sure it should have been a 9.4.....oh well.

I still have a handful of my original 20 that I submitted that I plan to submit to CGC down the road including three very sweet TOS pre hero's.

No company is perfect just like no person is perfect. So with so many books being graded, I can see where there could be mistakes. Sometimes they can be costly. Based on what I have seen on this forum the majority of the time (probably 99%) the books are getting the right grading.

I hope you don't mean from scans you've seen on this Board, because we all know grading from a scan is for suckers.

No I mean from my time on this board and buying slabbed books..the grading seems spot on. Scans of books isn't a good way to tell...

I am not a proponet of PGX or whatever the intials may be today or tomorrow.

Having said that. I would like to point out a few things.

1. No one should be shocked, nor have much belief in accusations, from a women scorned. It is common place for them to embellish and mis-state things about their former boyfriend/lover/husband.

2. If someone had knowledge as she allegedly does concerning fraud, theft or whatever else of a law violation she wants to throw out there. Why in the world would she not go to some legal authority with said info and perhaps some evidence (photos, "confiscated" paperwork or other possibilities)? Or, at the very least, somewhere other than a chat forum?

3, I NEVER believe a woman 100%, let alone a scorned woman. Nor even one who was the scorner of the man she is "telling" on.

4. Believe little of what you read on the internet. Trust only what you see with your own eyes. But not if it is video or photo.

5. I still do not buy the TMNT slab opening story and video. How many of you have videoed your slab openings? How many of you that felt the need to video a slab opening, didn't feel the need to have a couple of witnesses with you when you did it?

6. CGC gets it wrong sometimes (yes, the argument could be made that if the umpire does not call the pitch a strike, it is not a strike), but they have a better track record than PGX. A different track record is for consumer digestion and is not necessarily an indication of shanigans. But PGX has a better track record than our own government. Does that make our government crooks?....er...ah..krap. I think I just destroyed my own argument.

If this women is not willing to put her allegations on paper, and sign it. Then it should not be taken seriously. I'm just saying.

Since I'm new, tell me if I have it right:

Never believe a woman, a video, a photo, or anything I read, see, or hear on the internet.

And I can submit comics to the government... but they're worse than PGX. :insane:

Interesting thread. I believe that no person is truthful 100 percent of the time. I know I always try to be truthful, but there are times when a little fib may mean a lot less pain down the road, especially when it comes to talking to your children about why they should not do something that might hurt them. It is easier to exaggerate the penalty sometimes.

This thing with Daniel and his ex has me asking a few questions. Why did she wait until now to expose him? Was it because she did not know about this and the other comic website until recently? Or did he do something recently to really tick her off?

If, as Daniel states, his ex did spend time in prison, where is the proof? Here in Michigan you can do an online look-up and see the status of past offenders with their original charges, time incarcerated, and time of release. But maybe this is different with other states. (Or the online thing may only apply to sex offenders, I'm not sure.) I would think there would be at least a newspaper article about the sentence. Heck, if I had an ex that went to the big house I would have cut the court report out of the paper and put it in my scrapbook. But even if she went to jail it does not prove or disprove her accusations about PGX.

In regards to the possible book switching, I find it hard to believe that a legitimate company would keep an employee whose actions could jeopardize the future of the company. What about this person that is said to take the books to his home to grade them? Does anyone here know him? and if so what type of person is he? If, as it has been noted on some websites, he has in fact switched books for self gain this most likely would not have been the only instance of something like this happening. That is why I was wondering if anyone else had dealt with him.

Whether or not there were some book switch-a-roo's going on, the books should never have been allowed to leave the business location until they were to be sent back to the customer. Bad business practice if this happened.

I try to stay neutral with an open mind so as to hear both sides of an issue, but in this case I am leaning against PGX and more believing the Scorned Ex. One of the clinchers was Daniel's response that looked to me like he was just attacking her character and not providing any evidence to counter her accusations. He said he did not want to answer her accusations, but how would that hurt him in a libel action against her? Maybe there is a legal reason for this but I do not know.

Hopefully this thread will get back on topic and not be locked. At least no one has mentioned Nazi's yet as that usually is a thread killer....oops

doh!

It's not just a matter of whether you believe the 'scorned ex' or not. Plausible evidence has been presented by others that:

1. A PGX encapsulator switched a submission (first-print TMNT #1) for a comic of far lower value, sent the customer the lower value comic and sold the valuable version stolen from the customer.

2. The same PGX encapsulator married remaindered covers to irrelevant interiors, graded and slabbed the Frankenbooks, and sold them as legitimate unrestored variants.

3. It's possible to slip the grader a bit of scratch to increase one's chances for sweet grades.

The claims of the 'scorned ex' just add more fuel to this dumpster-fire.

doh!

It's not just a matter of whether you believe the 'scorned ex' or not. Plausible evidence has been presented by others that:

1. A PGX encapsulator switched a submission (first-print TMNT #1) for a comic of far lower value, sent the customer the lower value comic and sold the valuable version stolen from the customer.

2. The same PGX encapsulator married remaindered covers to irrelevant interiors, graded and slabbed the Frankenbooks, and sold them as legitimate unrestored variants.

3. It's possible to slip the grader a bit of scratch to increase one's chances for sweet grades.

The claims of the 'scorned ex' just add more fuel to this dumpster-fire.

That about does it.

:applause:

What a shame, as I'd love to see some true competition in the third-party grading market.

In regards to the possible book switching, I find it hard to believe that a legitimate company would keep an employee whose actions could jeopardize the future of the company. What about this person that is said to take the books to his home to grade them? Does anyone here know him? and if so what type of person is he? If, as it has been noted on some websites, he has in fact switched books for self gain this most likely would not have been the only instance of something like this happening. That is why I was wondering if anyone else had dealt with him.

Read this STL thread from 2006: PGX Has Gone Insane

It's about an eBay Charles M. Schulz letter and sketch in a PGX holder. A very odd item to get 'graded'.

This is what jumped out at me (and I posted): "Odd. Both the slab label and the auction text read "Schultz" with a "T".

So you get to decide, just like I did, if it's a logical assumption the same person who wrote the eBay text also created the PGX label when holdering such a goofy item.

Assumptions can be 100% wrong, but it was enough. And what the lady posts now in 2010 matches perfectly with that 2006 assumption.

It's about an eBay Charles M. Schulz letter and sketch in a PGX holder. A very odd item to get 'graded'.

This is what jumped out at me (and I posted): "Odd. Both the slab label and the auction text read "Schultz" with a "T".

So you get to decide, just like I did, if it's a logical assumption the same person who wrote the eBay text also created the PGX label when holdering such a goofy item.

Assumptions can be 100% wrong, but it was enough. And what the lady posts now in 2010 matches perfectly with that 2006 assumption.

This is more of pgx double talk.You talk but never say anything.How many years are you going to dump everything at the feet of Terrence Leder?You took this guys name and ran it through the mud.You two should be ashamed of yourselves.But criminals like you never do.Just looking for the next scam.

This is more of pgx double talk.You talk but never say anything.How many years are you going to dump everything at the feet of Terrence Leder?You took this guys name and ran it through the mud.You two should be ashamed of yourselves.But criminals like you never do.Just looking for the next scam.

And what did you do to protect Leder? Or just what did you do to get PGX out of the business of scamming people? They used you and all you did was tell you side of the story to clear your name in the realm of public opinion, but Ryan is still out there as is PGX and you have never bother to legally clear Leder's name.

:o

:roflmao:

This thread turned to gold while I was asleep!!

100% pure E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T !!

:popcorn:

Sleep is'nt all it's cracked up to be.

Who in this world could sleep on crack anyways.

lol