• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

Great job, guys.

Derail another thread, get it locked, and then deleted.

(tsk)

The only way people, who don't have 1st hand advisers, who care to research a company before throwing money at them can find out this type of inside information is to search the net. Unfortunately, PGX isn't going to state how much they suck on their website. All people are going to see is the massive price difference and turn around times because threads like the one that originated at CPG get shut down.

CPG should be ashamed that they shut that thread down... if a poster did something inappropriate then ban the poster... if a comment went to far, then delete the comment. Shutting down the entire topic of discussion goes way to far.

Makes me sick.

Great job, guys.

Derail another thread, get it locked, and then deleted.

(tsk)

The only way people, who don't have 1st hand advisers, who care to research a company before throwing money at them can find out this type of inside information is to search the net. Unfortunately, PGX isn't going to state how much they suck on their website. All people are going to see is the massive price difference and turn around times because threads like the one that originated at CPG get shut down.

CPG should be ashamed that they shut that thread down... if a poster did something inappropriate then ban the poster... if a comment went to far, then delete the comment. Shutting down the entire topic of discussion goes way to far.

Makes me sick.

I apologize for staying on topic, btw.

doh!

It's not just a matter of whether you believe the 'scorned ex' or not. Plausible evidence has been presented by others that:

1. A PGX encapsulator switched a submission (first-print TMNT #1) for a comic of far lower value, sent the customer the lower value comic and sold the valuable version stolen from the customer.

2. The same PGX encapsulator married remaindered covers to irrelevant interiors, graded and slabbed the Frankenbooks, and sold them as legitimate unrestored variants.

3. It's possible to slip the grader a bit of scratch to increase one's chances for sweet grades.

The claims of the 'scorned ex' just add more fuel to this dumpster-fire.

Was it ever confirmed the real first print was sold by this Ryan, or even Daniel?

Makes me sick.

I posted a pinned thread on the CBCA forums.

http://www.comiccollecting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1373

This is the type of information that collectors -- especially newbies should see.

(thumbs u

Dang!

The CPG moderator deleted all the posts concerning PGX and locked the thread.

Must have gotten really heated for that forum. I bet someone even called another person "stinker."

:eek:

The answer I received when asked why the PGX threads were deleted:

"There were some posts that were making the legal department antsy....Nothing you did..."

BS!

This is the type of information that collectors -- especially newbies should see.

(thumbs u

The second link won't work as CPG has deleted this thread.

CPG Message Board Thread - CGC vs PGX grading differences?

Dang!

The CPG moderator deleted all the posts concerning PGX and locked the thread.

Must have gotten really heated for that forum. I bet someone even called another person "stinker."

:eek:

The answer I received when asked why the PGX threads were deleted:

"There were some posts that were making the legal department antsy....Nothing you did..."

BS!

Yeah, that was pretty funny that the mod stated "some folks" were getting pretty aggressive.

lol

Makes me sick.

(thumbs u

Too bad the links take you to a non-existent topic at CPG. Just a big, red "ERROR" :(

3, I NEVER believe a woman 100%, let alone a scorned woman. Nor even one who was the scorner of the man she is "telling" on.

Actually, you didn't say you didn't believe a woman 100% of the time.

You said you don't believe a woman 100%.

Very different meaning.

(thumbs u

The second link won't work as CPG has deleted this thread.

CPG Message Board Thread - CGC vs PGX grading differences?

doh!

Thanks.

In a further effort to keep this thread on topic, I have deleted my posts from it.

If the other party involved will do the same, including his original sexist remarks that got me started in the first place, it will officially be back on track.

Thanks for your support.

Wait a minute. I guess I really shouldn't expect people in here to actually act like adults should I? :/

NOW you've ot it... ;)

But back on track:

Listen...the evidence is overwhelming, it is persistent, and it is damning.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, without fear of legal retribution, because you cannot sue the truth.

PGX is GUILTY OF FRAUD. There is no question about it. A trained monkey would come to the same conclusion.

That some message board mod (CPG) is scared into obeisance by a fraud using the threat of legal action is frustrating, but that doesn't change the facts.

PGX is a fraudulent company, run by criminals and thieves. And I say that knowing I will NEVER be successfully prosecuted for libel, because it's true.

Disbelieve me at your peril.

Wait a minute. I guess I really shouldn't expect people in here to actually act like adults should I? :/

NOW you've ot it... ;)

But back on track:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, without fear of legal retribution, because you cannot sue the truth.

PGX is GUILTY OF FRAUD. There is no question about it. A trained monkey would come to the same conclusion.

That some message board mod (CPG) is scared into obeisance by a fraud using the threat of legal action is frustrating, but that doesn't change the facts.

PGX is a fraudulent company, run by criminals and thieves. And I say that knowing I will NEVER be successfully prosecuted for libel, because it's true.

I wish it were really something that could be proved and brought to the proper authorities for true action. All this back and forth on comic forums isn't doing anything really to impact PGX business. At least on this forum we all buy into the CGC way and most aren't contributing to their business. It's the people not in the know who are being scammed and ripped off.

I wonder if any of the forum attorney's have any advice on how this can really be escalated to the right people who can make some difference.

It burns me to think that a company is swapping out books, marrying covers to beat pages, taking books home to grade and encapsulate, coming on boards and claiming some whistleblower is an ex who is mentally unstable, etc...pretty gross stuff.

My only way to help is to tell anyone interested in comics what a POS company PGX is...I hope everyone else here will do the same.

Oh, and since Conditionfreak PM'd me calling me all kinds of names...he is now on my ignore list.

You seemed to have forgotten your PM's to me, with the insults. Probably just a memory failure. They always convienently forget those. Don't they.

You insulted me in the public forum. Then when I did as most suggested, took it to PM's. You insulted me again.

What did you think was going to happen? Nothing? No one here would have just let it go without responding. You didn't.

NOW you've ot it... ;)

But back on track:

I wish it were really something that could be proved and brought to the proper authorities for true action. All this back and forth on comic forums isn't doing anything really to impact PGX business. At least on this forum we all buy into the CGC way and most aren't contributing to their business. It's the people not in the know who are being scammed and ripped off.

I wonder if any of the forum attorney's have any advice on how this can really be escalated to the right people who can make some difference.

It burns me to think that a company is swapping out books, marrying covers to beat pages, taking books home to grade and encapsulate, coming on boards and claiming some whistleblower is an ex who is mentally unstable, etc...pretty gross stuff.

My only way to help is to tell anyone interested in comics what a POS company PGX is...I hope everyone else here will do the same.

Oh, and since Conditionfreak PM'd me calling me all kinds of names...he is now on my ignore list.

The whole thing is, I doubt whether any of these activities are illegal - I'll let the lawyers of the board chime in on that. Unethical, yes, illegal, doubtful.

The whole thing is, I doubt whether any of these activities are illegal - I'll let the lawyers of the board chime in on that. Unethical, yes, illegal, doubtful.

It is illegal. It's fraud - the sale of an item that is not what it is purported to be. Proving it is a difficult task, though, as RE can claim he had no knowledge of the frankenbooks he was selling.