• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

I sent the pic to Daniel and asked if it was him. This was his reply:

Yea, thats me from a lifetime ago. This is an ex from years ago who

unfortunately has not gotten the help she needs. I don't want to go into it

to much but she is very unbalanced and dangerous and is obsessed with me in

a very negative way. This has led to her becoming a convicted felon and

spending a large amount of time in jail and it is likely she will continue

to deteriorate mentally as no one has stepped in and gotten her help as far

as I can tell. I have had no contact with her in a long time and she knows

almost nothing about how PGX is run.

Daniel

:popcorn:

This justs keeps getting more interesting, :popcorn::popcorn:

What a crock of mess.Unbalanced my azz.

I met this young lady at 2 seperate shows that Dan and Ryan were at.She was working the pgx booth.She was introduced as Peggy Rutledge,Dans GF.They indeed had a child together.

As far as Ryan talking books home that is true.He had a box that he brought in from his car and starting grading them as he stood there.About 15-20 seconds a book.

Ryan is infamous for his Barks file copies as well as the red circle and blazing comics ,He bought coverless copies off of ebay and put these covers on them.I believe they came from Dark Adventures.

This woman is legit(I believe) and what she says rings true.

:applause: Can't imagine a more Mickey Mouse way to run a grading company than carting the books around and grading during your spare time.

Someone just take them out of their misery. Even Patterson can't be stupid enough to think that people actually believe the nonsense he spews out, then again you couldn't make up a sorrier excuse for a company so.

Curious also how many board members are gonna go after PGX books supporting these crackheads after reading about the possible upgrades in this thread.

Sean needs to grow larger stones, and go over there and dig for more

dirt.

I got the frikkin picture, rest of you can throw a little fuel on the fire.

If the CPG boards would let me on I'd try :grin:

As a frequent poster at CPG I can tell you that logging in and being able to actually post have been constant "software" issues with the forums for several members for some time now. It's quite annoying and has really dwindled the membership participation. :(

As quoted earlier (my CPG board name is 091795), I currently have 4 comics at PGX. I sent them in before I knew what I was getting into (they've been there for months because Daniel can't seem to figure Paypal out...).

I have been receiving emails from Allison for a long time, and she was supposedly handling my order. I called PGX today and Daniel picked up. I asked to speak to Allison and he paused and said she's not in today, and (I would almost say awkwardly?) asked if he could help. I then asked if my books had been shipped out, and he asked my name. The second I said Liam, he knew every detail about my order. It didn't seem like he looked anything up, he just picked up from where "Allison" and I had left off. Later today, I received an email directly from him answering some question I had a while ago. Now, I don't have any firm proof of any kind, but Daniel has never emailed me before and I think he's just piling lies on top of each other.

Is this worth reading through 25 pages of to figure out what is going on or can someone sum it all up for me ? :D Also I almost got a book graded pgx once at a convention I stopped in at the end of the day & started filling out the forums but then I was looking at the forums & looking at the graded books they had on display & clued that I was at a pgx booth & not cgc lol It was late & I was clearly tired I'm glad I noticed before I gave them my book to grade though :roflmao:

Now, I don't have any firm proof of any kind, but Daniel has never emailed me before and I think he's just piling lies on top of each other.

Wait a minute - you mean Daniel lies about his staff and services?

:ohnoez:

:baiting:

cliffnotes please.....

Someone that knew about the entire PGX scam had her heart broken, and NOW has found the courage to speak out about Daniel's little operation, to include his partner switching out books during the grading process.

It appears the TMNT Kid may have been telling the truth about his first print being swapped out for a third print, though the video is still along the standard of any SyFy Channel self-made movie for line delivery.

THE END

And don't forget the part about one of the "graders" who takes books home to encapsulate, and has been caught making Frankenbooks out of remaindered covers and coverless interiors, slabbing them, and selling them as authentic. This may be the biggest scam in comics since the dawn of encapsulation.

This thread is way too good for cliffs, and so you guys should read it in it's entirety. After all, great literature isn't best appreciated from the Reader's Digest.

Good point!

And that Rick/Gator just found out his Superman PGX is one of the books that had a cover replaced, or at least a piece of the book.

:eek:

I consider PGX comics to be raw comics, and pay accordingly. I would never pay a premium for their "grading" service and worthless restoration check.

Raw comics would be a safer bet.

indeed...we bought a pgx ext. Restored Superman 1 that had a recreated back cover that pgx either intentionally or possibly accidentally missed...talk about a Disaster ...how can this "company" still be in business. (shrug)

Were you able to get a refund on the book? That's an expensive mistake!

s refund lol we just discovered it yesterday here in Chicago...not above pursuing legal action if need be hm

cliffnotes please.....

Someone that knew about the entire PGX scam had her heart broken, and NOW has found the courage to speak out about Daniel's little operation, to include his partner switching out books during the grading process.

It appears the TMNT Kid may have been telling the truth about his first print being swapped out for a third print, though the video is still along the standard of any SyFy Channel self-made movie for line delivery.

THE END

And don't forget my favorite - The possibility that the grader/encapsulater (if that's a word) is allowed to grade and encapsulate his own books without any oversight.

She seems to know a lot of details for someone that knows nothing about PGX.

Must be an isolated incident.

There is also the possibility that she is telling everyone what they want to hear, as well.

cliffnotes please.....

THE END

And don't forget my favorite - The possibility that the grader/encapsulater (if that's a word) is allowed to grade and encapsulate his own books without any oversight.

So nothing new.