• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

If you've ever seen the terrible footage of the Birmingham campaign, it makes perfect sense how strong that pressure can be against a human body. Add to that decomposition of a walker and it's not that far fetched... Other than slicing a head right in half like a katana.

I understand the water pressure potential, however, wasn't the truck stalled. Without the motor running, we have no pressure from the pump, only static pressure of the tank. (I realize I'm nit-picking, but I didn't like it.) I don't recall a bunch of head shots either, but I haven't rewatched the episode yet and may be wrong. I'll reserve judgment until after I watch it again.

Yes, the pressure should only have been high if the truck had been running. But it's a TV show, and a comic book show at that.

Just caught up.

It's just as ridiculous that zombies could have ripped apart a horse's hide with teeth and fingers in Atlanta in season 1. The water canon scene was far from perfect but at least it wasn't a complete rinse repeat of the scene near the beginning with a zombie encounter, which it otherwise would have been... and it did serve the purpose of carrying on the path Eugene was following until the ending. Still not as strong as the opening 3 episodes of this season but the other characters have to be given a chance to ripen too, especially for the majority audience not reading the comics.

I guess people are going to question how seriously the show has to take itself to stop it becoming ridiculous in places whilst still trying to work in ways in which they can try and keep the walker encounters interesting. Not easy when zombies are so samey samey. Having a few OTT gory scenes is par for the course, just like adding laser, missile, bleeping and explosion sound effects to outer space battles in films like Star Wars or Guardians ... even though sound doesn't travel in space and the battles should be silent. Bit more hit and miss in the case of TWD, but meh. (shrug)

Yes, the pressure should only have been high if the truck had been running. But it's a TV show, and a comic book show at that.

Just caught up.

It's just as ridiculous that zombies could have ripped apart a horse's hide with teeth and fingers in Atlanta in season 1. The water canon scene was far from perfect but at least it wasn't a complete rinse repeat of the scene near the beginning with a zombie encounter, which it otherwise would have been... and it did serve the purpose of carrying on the path Eugene was following until the ending. Still not as strong as the opening 3 episodes of this season but the other characters have to be given a chance to ripen too, especially for the majority audience not reading the comics.

I guess people are going to question how seriously the show has to take itself to stop it becoming ridiculous in places whilst still trying to work in ways in which they can try and keep the walker encounters interesting. Not easy when zombies are so samey samey. Having a few OTT gory scenes is par for the course, just like adding laser, missile, bleeping and explosion sound effects to outer space battles in films like Star Wars or Guardians ... even though sound doesn't travel in space and the battles should be silent. Bit more hit and miss in the case of TWD, but meh. (shrug)

Yeah, sound doesn't travel in OUR space but a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, space was thicker. Therefore, the sounds existed and this this is a science fiction fact. So.... :grin:

Just caught up.

Yeah, sound doesn't travel in OUR space but a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, space was thicker. Therefore, the sounds existed and this this is a science fiction fact. So.... :grin:

If you don't want to believe me then just stick your fingers in your ears and say "lalalalalalalalalalala" and you won't be able to read my posts. :eyeroll:

hm I guess I'm just a fan boy because I really liked the last episode. The Beth one...not so much but still I enjoyed the little twists and new plots.

If it is always Rick and the group...rick and the group...it would get boring also. I like that things have taken a different direction.

I think the next episode is where Abraham and the group go back to Rick, Gabriel, etc. But I don't watch any spoilers...

Just caught up.

If you don't want to believe me then just stick your fingers in your ears and say "lalalalalalalalalalala" and you won't be able to read my posts. :eyeroll:

lol

Eh, things like the water cannon don't break immersion for me much...but I definitely thought it was a bit goofy. I always think it's kinda funny to call something "unrealistic" when the whole premise of the show is a zombie apocalypse lol

On the other hand, high pressure water being so effective against rotting zombie heads makes all of the ridiculously easy sword slicing, stabbing, skull bashing and other zombie hacking and slashing seem par for the course and a bit more explainable.