• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

If my recollection is correct, the crazy price years of the More Fun run was largely driven by a small group of deep pocketed collectors trying to put the run tougher at the same time. As they completed their runs or moved on to other series, prices dropped dramatically.

hey Gator (or anyone else) are there any other titles that are currently in the midst of this scenario that are worth keeping an eye out for (in terms of potential price drop)?

If my recollection is correct, the crazy price years of the More Fun run was largely driven by a small group of deep pocketed collectors trying to put the run tougher at the same time. As they completed their runs or moved on to other series, prices dropped dramatically.

hey Gator (or anyone else) are there any other titles that are currently in the midst of this scenario that are worth keeping an eye out for (in terms of potential price drop)?

IMO...

1) Archie

2) Archie

3) Archie

Since you threw your question out to GAtor and anyone else I'll give my opinion: I think the market is already showing what at least key WW books can do recently (AS8, SC 1, WW 1, etc) however I think the grade and look of the WW books play a part in that as compared to other GA keys of relative availability (as they do not) ...

Since you threw your question out to GAtor and anyone else I'll give my opinion: I think the market is already showing what at least key WW books can do recently (AS8, SC 1, WW 1, etc) however I think the grade and look of the WW books play a part in that as compared to other GA keys of relative availability (as they do not) ...

Wait... are you saying that the Peters covers are a bad thing?

If so, I couldn't disagree more. They are extremely colorful, action packed, and while not as iconic as some of the Action/Superman/Detective covers, certainly are pretty darn cool.

Most issues of all star continue to drop or stagnate. Adventure comics as a whole. All flash. Comic cavalcade. All great books and runs are fun to put together but not going to give you a great rate of return (or might even continue to decline)

Various issues of Marvel mystery comics and young allies are selling at lower prices than years past

I think there is a lot of room for growth for early Sensations/Wonder Womans.

Growth in ww/sens keys , early key issues (2,6,7 etc) and 1950s ww issues have commanded price premiums for years. Rest pretty average

Wait... are you saying that the Peters covers are a bad thing?

If so, I couldn't disagree more. They are extremely colorful, action packed, and while not as iconic as some of the Action/Superman/Detective covers, certainly are pretty darn cool.

It's all a matter of opinion, but I'm not a fan of Peters' work at all.

As an afficianado of the horror genre, how about Mystery Tales ?

These books have been selling for many multiples of guide for some time now...

More demand relative to supply ;)

While More Fun #52 is still in the top 10 of Overstreet's GA list, I just don't see it any more. I would think that its collectability -- while still extremely high -- is well below Action #2-10, Detective #28-40, and many, many other non #1s.

Spectre (and Dr. Fate) are extremely cool characters and I'd love to have a run of those books, but it's just not (to me) a top 10 comic.

MF #52 came out at the same time as Whiz #2. Which one would you rather have? Which one is going to be worth more in 10-15 years?

Agreed. Mf52 didn't make my top 10 and might not make my top 20 or beyond anymore :o

Yet, personally I love the book

That sounds similar to when Steve Geppi, James Halperin and Robert Overstreet went after Barks Ducks and EC stuff awhile ago.

While More Fun #52 is still in the top 10 of Overstreet's GA list, I just don't see it any more. I would think that its collectability -- while still extremely high -- is well below Action #2-10, Detective #28-40, and many, many other non #1s.

Spectre (and Dr. Fate) are extremely cool characters and I'd love to have a run of those books, but it's just not (to me) a top 10 comic.

MF #52 came out at the same time as Whiz #2. Which one would you rather have? Which one is going to be worth more in 10-15 years?

Agreed. Mf52 didn't make my top 10 and might not make my top 20 or beyond anymore :o

That sounds similar to when Steve Geppi, James Halperin and Robert Overstreet went after Barks Ducks and EC stuff awhile ago.

We all know it was 1koko and Me on the more funs lol

Russ and I were on the run long before you two late bloomers

:cry: I was trying to keep it a secret. I think Mark Z may have contributed a little as well.

Russ and I were on the run long before you two late bloomers

but you all didn't run up the prices lol

:cry: I was trying to keep it a secret. I think Mark Z may have contributed a little as well.

indeed

From 1991-2001, I was collecting More Fun Comics too, but I was just going after the Mile High Copies (although I had a few SF Copies too). I owned most of the Mile Highs from #64-99.

West

Hello G.A.tor,

I hope you are selling bunch of stuff at Heroes. (thumbs u

Anyways, I know your opinion in regards to restored books, but I wanted to know your opinion in regards to trimming - particularly GA and SA keys? Thanks.

Hello G.A.tor,

I hope you are selling bunch of stuff at Heroes. (thumbs u

Anyways, I know your opinion in regards to restored books, but I wanted to know your opinion in regards to trimming - particularly GA and SA keys? Thanks.

Trimmed books make the GAtor :frustrated:lol