• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

What is the best golden age good girl cover?
not sure too many would concur there is a best. There are many great. Phantom lady 17 always is near the top of gg lists.

Amen. First time I ever saw a PL17 in real life, I knew I had to have it. I bought it immediately, without hesitation. That is the mark of a great cover. IMO.

I like Action 15, but not enough to put it on the list twice.

How about giving some love to AC2? My favorite.

its great. Tried to keep it to covers with supes on

I like 2,3,9,14,16 a lot.

What would you rank as the 10 best golden age Superman/Action Comic Covers? Based on cover only and not content.

Tried to keep it to covers with supes on

these are my favs

1- supes 14

2-action 1

3-action 7

4-action 12

5-supes 17

6-supes 1

7-action 13

8-action 15

9-supes 24

10-action 17

Just off the top of my head. List could change tomorrow

Does this mean that you consider Action 12 to be a Superman cover or is that cover just so good that you had to make an exception for it? hm

Well, I guess Superman does technically show up there in the corner of the cover, similar to how Archie shows up on the cover of Jackpot 4. (shrug)

You're building your dream Florida Gators team. Who's your QB, RB and WR?

Tebow, Emmitt, and Percy...a little newer school but still all great college players

Doering was awesome too I I was like 10 years old when he was on the scene but he was fantastic didn't really pan out in the nfl

Edited by gino2paulus2

How do you feel about the market for Whiz Comics over the next 5 years?

Besides number 2 (#1) do you see the popular covers (#18,19,25) or the scarce later issues(#153-155) enjoying decent run ups or is this a title more in line with "normal" increases going with the market as a whole?

What other issues in the run do you like?

I believe "if" dc does create a monthly shazam comic and "if" they do the proposed captain marvel movie, interest will pick up for the title and values will increase...

I do believe you really meant to say Whiz 22, whether or not there was a monthly Shazam comic and even if there is NO Captain marvel movie. :whee:lol

What would you rank as the 10 best golden age Superman/Action Comic Covers? Based on cover only and not content.

these are my favs

1- supes 14

2-action 1

3-action 7

4-action 12

5-supes 17

6-supes 1

7-action 13

8-action 15

9-supes 24

10-action 17

Does this mean that you consider Action 12 to be a Superman cover or is that cover just so good that you had to make an exception for it? hm

Well, I guess Superman does technically show up there in the corner of the cover, similar to how Archie shows up on the cover of Jackpot 4. (shrug)

supes is on cover ;)

I'll add to that who do you hate more, Florida state or Georgia?

my dad went to U of G so no love for fsu

Tebow, Emmitt, and Percy...a little newer school but still all great college players

Doering was awesome too I I was like 10 years old when he was on the scene but he was fantastic didn't really pan out in the nfl

tebow close call to wuerfel, but Danny brought first natty to Florida so that gives him the edge imo....Percy was an avg receiver...doering great hands and route runner but the former walk on was slow ....to slow

tebow close call to wuerfel, but Danny brought first natty to Florida so that gives him the edge imo....Percy was an avg receiver...doering great hands and route runner but the former walk on was slow ....to slow

I would agree Percy was an average receiver I guess I was factoring in all the other stuff they did to get him the ball he was just a dynamic player all around but as a reviecer I would agree. Heck I don't have statistics but they sure ran the ball a lot with him as well if I remember correctly. He was on those Urban Meyer lead National championship teams. Never knew Alvarez to be honest but how did I forget Rhett!!! doh! I still have a stash of his cards tucked away somewhere at my folks house haha!! he was fantastic!! Love talking football such a fun time of the year!!

these are my favs

1- supes 14

2-action 1

3-action 7

4-action 12

5-supes 17

6-supes 1

7-action 13

8-action 15

9-supes 24

10-action 17

supes is on cover ;)

I get it; that little Supe circle appeared on the next hundred or so issues.

these are my favs

1- supes 14

2-action 1

3-action 7

4-action 12

5-supes 17

6-supes 1

7-action 13

8-action 15

9-supes 24

10-action 17

And when collectors start considering house ads for comics as first appearances :eyeroll: this will become the first appearance of Batman.... lol

Danny wuerfel, Emmitt smith & Eric Rhett, Carlos Alvarez , Ike Hilliard , Ricky natiel

Ike stops on a dime and makes two 'noles grab nothing but smoke.

MKuJEF2.gif

Edited by Miraclemet