• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hi Gator! Hopefully I winded up in the right place here. I am looking for an Amazing Spider-Man #5. I will be attending NYCC all days this weekend and heard that you might be as well. I was told you might be able to hook me up with an ASM #5 for sale. I would love to buy it at the convention if you could help find me one for sale. My goal is to have it signed and graded. My price range for the comic is $400. I was looking for a comic that would grade at around a 5.0. Off white-white pages would be cool too. Would you be able to help me out? I'd greatly appreciate any and all help. Thank you :)

Hi Gator! Hopefully I winded up in the right place here. I am looking for an Amazing Spider-Man #5. I will be attending NYCC all days this weekend and heard that you might be as well. I was told you might be able to hook me up with an ASM #5 for sale. I would love to buy it at the convention if you could help find me one for sale. My goal is to have it signed and graded. My price range for the comic is $400. I was looking for a comic that would grade at around a 5.0. Off white-white pages would be cool too. Would you be able to help me out? I'd greatly appreciate any and all help. Thank you :)
pm sent. FYI a 4.0 just recently sold at auction for $500 so not sure you can get a 5.0 for 20% less :sorry:

Dear Gator:

Should I seek counselling for my compulsion to acquire vintage collectibles, or should I continue devoting the money I'd spend on counselling to acquire more vintage comics and other memorabilia? I'm leaning to the latter course of action.

:insane:

its a good addiction...run with it!

I've always told myself that comics were preferable to heroin or cocaine. I've not been able to find any hard evidence to support my thinking though so I'm soliciting expert opinion.

(shrug)

the only thing I can see wrong with this ---- is that you are asking a dealer of said addiction for advice,,,,,,,,

:insane: