• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011, July 20-24, San Diego, CA

521 posts in this topic

Just got info today That I'll be getting hooked up with a pass for Sunday :whee:

Now, can someone show me the link to the convention hall floorplan so I can get my plan of attack in place?

SDCC floorplan

Thank you (worship)

I see they went with the dead end rows against the wall for artist alley again this year. HORRIBLE layout :mad:

But there are 2 separate groupings of independent press publisher's booths with artist/inker/writers :hi: signing throughout the Comic-con. e.g. Scott Shaw, Sergio Aragones, Stv Leialoha (Fables, Marvel's Warlock), Stan Sakai (Usagi).

Gang, Vintage Comics has been confirmed for the San Diego Comic Con this year. We'll be set up at booth 723.

Looking forward to it!

:headbang:

Gang, Vintage Comics has been confirmed for the San Diego Comic Con this year. We'll be set up at booth 723.

Looking forward to it!

So this is where I go for the beer?

:eek:

I'm scared to drink and work. I work hard but I play harder.

I'll be there helping Paul (silverandbronze) with the 'Toon Tumblers and Mega Mega Magnets. Not sure what our booth is but it's back in the vendor area, not by the comics. I will make the same commitment I made at C2E2 last year... for every 1000 glasses or magnets we sell I will kick a random board member in the nuts.

LET THE NUTKICKING BEGIN!!!

Looking forward to it!

So this is where I go for the beer?

:eek:

I'm scared to drink and work. I work hard but I play harder.

All work and no play makes VintageComics...........vintage :shrug:

Looking forward to it!

well, you are on a main aisle endcap, and not too far from the gold and silver pavillion...should be a decent location (thumbs u

Looking forward to it!

well, you are on a main aisle endcap, and not too far from the gold and silver pavillion...should be a decent location (thumbs u

I think so too. It's not in the main comics area (just on the outer edge) but I'm thinking that there is enough traffic there that it should be worth while...especially when it gets busy as the aisle is a main artery.

I'm sharing a booth with Cory Glaberson of Reel Art, who is just such a terrific guy. I met him in Charlotte last year and he offered me my very first San Diego Con pass. Since then we've kept in touch and he's offered to help me out with my first SD show.

From what I understand, it's not OK to sublet a booth in SD but it is ok to share one, so that's what we're doing. I'll have about 2/3's of one booth and he'll have 1 1/3 of the rest.

Cory carries a lot of cool stuff including movie posters, props and always has a reasonable selection of books from the GA upwards so if you're looking for something obscure, check him out.

I brought some friends by Cory's booth last year in SD and they had a fun time digging out and pulling out some obscure stuff.

(thumbs u

There's lots of info about SD in this thread that you are in, so a little reading should get you up to speed. Also, try reading this thread.

It's very expensive, 4 day passes generally sell out a year in advance and hotels go quick.

Actually the 5 day pass sells out 1 year ahead of time and hotel costs are relatively high compared to any other con in USA. The 5 day badge is reasonably priced for all the long hours of programming including the Wed. advance preview evening.

Actually the 5 day pass sells out 1 year ahead of time and hotel costs are relatively high compared to any other con in USA. The 5 day badge is reasonably priced for all the long hours of programming including the Wed. advance preview evening.

This is more accurate. I was speaking more towards the cost of the entire trip as everything is super expensive that week. Thanks for clearing up the part about ticket costs.

:foryou: