• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 in 9.4 goes for $800??

184 posts in this topic

So which is it now, he needs money to fix his car or because of a divorce?

He hit his wife with the car.

Damage was minor until he backed over her. :grin:

That's not funny. Have you ever had an ex try and run you over with a car?

:eek:

Hmm.

This isn't adding up now as he bought this on October 12th...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330481562923

Okay.

After the divorce, he ran over his wife and busted up HIZ CARZ, which he needed to get fixed right away... hence the sale of the Hulk 181... upon arriving at the garage he met the girl of his dreams and IMMEDIATELY needed to get her that special engagement ring that you can only find on ...

eBay. doh!

Hmm.

Okay.

After the divorce, he ran over his wife and busted up HIZ CARZ, which he needed to get fixed right away... hence the sale of the Hulk 181... upon arriving at the garage he met the girl of his dreams, and IMMEDIATELY needed to get her that special engagement ring that you can only find on ...

eBay. doh!

:roflmao:

Who needs soap operas when we have Ebay to tell the story?

Hmm.

Okay.

After the divorce, he ran over his wife and busted up HIZ CARZ, which he needed to get fixed right away... hence the sale of the Hulk 181... upon arriving at the garage he met the girl of his dreams, and IMMEDIATELY needed to get her that special engagement ring that you can only find on ...

eBay. doh!

or maybe could be this isn`t him but it`s his wife/girlfriend who are so upset at him that they are selling his collection off cheap! I seen that scenario a few times wife/girlfriend get real upset/breakup then sell thier boyfriends/husbands stuff at a discount. ;)

if anyone believes these auctions are legit, well then, you deserve to be taken (thumbs u

That's probably true, but seriously, I say that we can't make any true judgments until the comic either arrives or a dispute is raised.

use of experience and common sense allow me to make my judgement...obviously, can't say with 100% certainty that my speculation is right, but sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one, and I rather error on the side of caution, in this instance...hence my statement that if someone takes a stab at them being legit, they need to be prepared (or they deserve) to lose...the ole risk/reward situation

Hmm.

Okay.

After the divorce, he ran over his wife and busted up HIZ CARZ, which he needed to get fixed right away... hence the sale of the Hulk 181... upon arriving at the garage he met the girl of his dreams and IMMEDIATELY needed to get her that special engagement ring that you can only find on ...

eBay. doh!

what do you mean "now"...it didn't add up from the first instant any deeper digging was done :baiting:

Hmm.

Okay.

eBay. doh!

what do you mean "now"...it didn't add up from the first instant any deeper digging was done :baiting:

It wouldn't be the CGC boards though if someone wasn't digging for something.

Hmm.

Okay.

eBay. doh!

It wouldn't be the CGC boards though if someone wasn't digging for something.

lol

it was bought on a buy it now.

no question of it not reaching it's 'value'

it was bought within 20 mins of listing.

It looks like it was listed as a regular auction @ $725 and someone e-mailed him right after it listed and offered $800 to close the auction. Its possible he took the loss as he needed the money ASAP and couldn't wait a few days for the auction to end?

it was bought on a buy it now.

no question of it not reaching it's 'value'

it was bought within 20 mins of listing.

It looks like it was listed as a regular auction @ $725 and someone e-mailed him right after it listed and offered $800 to close the auction. Its possible he took the loss as he needed the money ASAP and couldn't wait a few days for the auction to end?

um yeah, that makes perfect sense... the same as selling the same hot wheels treasure hunt set 6+ times... I always say if it walks like a duck, and smells like a duck, it probably tastes like filet mignon (thumbs u

Oh if someone bought it outside of auction..he has no protection if it is a scam..aww

seriously looks like a scammer..

I had a black lotus card..:( It's been so long since I had a 181 the last time I sold one it went for $400!My Giant Sized Xmen #1 is not worth much..it is a POS1.1

But the chances of one person having so many hot valuable collectibles is not very high..

I bought an AWESOME collection from a guy who need fast cash to fix his car. I just lucked out and got wonderful books.

I think the guys email back if proof he is a scammer they always get cranky when someone rattles their chain..

um yeah, that makes perfect sense... the same as selling the same hot wheels treasure hunt set 6+ times... I always say if it walks like a duck, and smells like a duck, it probably tastes like filet mignon (thumbs u

After looking at this feedback, I take back any sembalance of a defense I may have given him! For a guy going through a divorce with a beat up car, he's been on a crazy buying spree before and after selling that Hulk 181, and not just on the ring. So his answer now will be "Well, I had 4g in the bank, but blew it all on E-bay in the past 30 days, so I had to sell my Hulk 181 at a massive loss 20 minutes after listing it."

After looking at this feedback, I take back any sembalance of a defense I may have given him! For a guy going through a divorce with a beat up car, he's been on a crazy buying spree before and after selling that Hulk 181, and not just on the ring. So his answer now will be "Well, I had 4g in the bank, but blew it all on E-bay in the past 30 days, so I had to sell my Hulk 181 at a massive loss 20 minutes after listing it."

(thumbs u

Scam.

After the auction I was going back and forth with him. In some emails his English was good. In others it was like ordering from a chinese take-out. Amazingly the buyer never paid him BUT the comic was STILL available. I smelled something bad from the start and I'm already sure it's a scam so I ask to put both comics on a table and take a snapshot of them for me. Well, he's a work and if I can't trust him, then he can't sell it to me.

It's a hacked account or someone that's just taking the money and hoping for the best. Most of the time people are not going to hire attorneys across state lines to chase $800 and he may know it.

I was the underbidder on a Heritage auction last year which went for $270. The same (slabbed) book turned up on ebay with a cruddy picture at $150 BIN the week before last. I half expected something to go wrong, but I now have the book in my hands.

I know it's a long way from my example to this one, but sometimes people sell at a loss for their own reasons. Time will tell.

When I nabbed my ASM 166, 255 & 262 CGC 9.9 which I later sold, they were from a guy on ebay with a pic so crummy that I couldn't read the serial # as was old labels.

I got lucky as the ones he had were in a registry set which I saw. So I nabbed em. With over $2,000.00usd out in the mail via money order as I wasn't using paypal yet............ his account went NARUd???!!??

You wanna talk about panic???

I FLIPPED ON EBAY 2 reactivate his account at least till our deal had been completed. They actually did comply for me!!!!

I told him Id be visiting him if I didn't hear from him soon. It took 3 weeks but he messaged me 2 let me know that his sister had re-activated an old ebay acct with similar personal info so it shut down the newest 1 and that books were onway.

Books arrived a few weeks later but goes 2 show some of the shadiest looking deals sometimes are people that just don't describe auctions 2 the level we as buyers desire.

Rich

ps .... I am in no way saying either yay or nay on the item indicated in the OP!!!!!

Just sharing an almost snapped story with yas....

So which is it now, he needs money to fix his car or because of a divorce?

He hit his wife with the car.

Damage was minor until he backed over her. :grin:

That's not funny. Have you ever had an ex try and run you over with a car?

:eek:

Been there. :tonofbricks: BTW I have a couple ex's I wouldn't mind running over with a tractor trailer.......just sayin. hm