• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Bad News, ComicDonna (Mike) just lost his house in a Fire

382 posts in this topic

Update

I just spoke to Mike and conveyed everyone's best wishes and their thoughts and prayers,etc.

I now have his Paypal account info, so any further donations can go directly to him.

The insurance co will not kick in for a while with any funds, so he's very grateful. They lost their paypal debit card along with everything else, so he's calling them to get a replacement...but hopefully I can get my daughter who lives not far from him to get some cash to them from what has been donated so far...

I think he's more in shock about the generosity of the board, so thank you all from Mike.

Thanks for sharing this information and thanks for helping him in this situation. Mike is one of the reasons why I like this forum and he gives this place a feeling of community.

Just read this. Horrible news, just horrible. Not the way anyone wants to head into the New Year.

I've got some art pages I was going to use for auctions in Clooneython III next month, but this is a much better cause.

Just let me know when the Charity Auction thread is going to start and the Rupp is in.

So happy to hear that Mike and his family are alright. One of the nicest boardies with a heart of gold. Count me in to help with the support.

You are so right about that Collin. Mike is a first class guy with such a kind, generous nature. Count me in for help too.

This is just stunning. I had no idea until someone just alerted me to this thread.

The CBCA will make a donation and we will also send an email soliciting donations from our membership (many of whom are not members here).

Mike is only a few miles away, so I will call him shortly to see if there is something I can do.

I now have his Paypal account info, so any further donations can go directly to him.

Thank God they're all safe. Is it possible to set up a Paypal "Donate" button? (would look like this)btn_donate_LG.gif

Here's a link to the Paypal.com button info: CLICK

If so it would be convenient for readers to just click-n-send funds for his direct use, once he gets his Paypal debit card restored. Maybe place it on page 1 of this thread and sticky the entire thread to the top.

Thank God they're all safe. Is it possible to set up a Paypal "Donate" button? (would look like this)btn_donate_LG.gif

Here's a link to the Paypal.com button info: CLICK

If so it would be convenient for readers to just click-n-send funds for his direct use, once he gets his Paypal debit card restored.

It is pretty easy just to get his Paypal addy and do a gift, but that is a cool idea.