• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Bad News, ComicDonna (Mike) just lost his house in a Fire

382 posts in this topic

That's just utterly devastating. I'm truly sorry to hear this. :(

Sales thread for Mike, donation... I'm there.

Reading this news was like a punch in the gut. While I am of course glad to hear everyone got out safely, I simply cannot imagine losing everything.

And I am just going to throw this idea out there instead of PM'ing Sharon first.

What does everyone think about putting all the raffle donations up for auction in whatever fundraiser thread Sharon puts together?

It just does not seem right to have a raffle when one of our own had such a tragic event occur.

Anybody else ok with this?

And this might sound odd, but what size shoes does he, his wife and daughter wear?

I'm more than happy to do this instead.

Reading this news was like a punch in the gut. While I am of course glad to hear everyone got out safely, I simply cannot imagine losing everything.

And I am just going to throw this idea out there instead of PM'ing Sharon first.

What does everyone think about putting all the raffle donations up for auction in whatever fundraiser thread Sharon puts together?

It just does not seem right to have a raffle when one of our own had such a tragic event occur.

Anybody else ok with this?

And this might sound odd, but what size shoes does he, his wife and daughter wear?

I'm more than happy to do this instead.

Perfect, I have some books I can donate.

I just saw this and it's devastating news for Mike and his family. He is truly one of the nicest people on these boards. At least the entire family (including the dog) made it out safely.

Looks like it's time to pull together and help one of our own once again!

I'm in ...shock. I feel so bad for him and his family, he is like one of the nicest people I never met...

I'm with you in shock

Definitely check your smoke detectors, they were lucky their daughter woke up and smelled the smoke, that's how they escaped.

They are the nicest family, each one of them.

Horrible news, glad everyone was safe. The other stuff is just stuff.

Thanks for updating us, and let us know what we can do to help. They`re probably in a state of shock right now, so it`ll probably take a couple of days before they start getting their arms around things and figuring out how to move forward.

This is terrible news for the family. I'm very glad that everyone is OK, and that's what's important. I wish you the best in getting through this difficult time and may your spirit never be vanquished.

I'm in ...shock. I feel so bad for him and his family, he is like one of the nicest people I never met...

I'm with you in shock

Definitely check your smoke detectors, they were lucky their daughter woke up and smelled the smoke, that's how they escaped.

They are the nicest family, each one of them.

I've been in the fire service for 19 years and I can tell you that smoke detectors have saved MANY lives! Most people never wake up once they start breathing in smoke and toxic gas. CHECK THOSE SMOKE DETECTORS!!!! AND NEW BATTERIES EVERY YEAR!!!!