• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

Just about done with the first volume of Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago... The last few issues have been fun. I like how Luke is clearly in love with Leia, and they even kiss again. :o

Still working on this one, can't read too much for fear of going into a corny coma. But did just blog the first post-move arc here . Wow. We should all be thankful comics survived the 70s.

Just about done with the first volume of Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago... The last few issues have been fun. I like how Luke is clearly in love with Leia, and they even kiss again. :o

Still working on this one, can't read too much for fear of going into a corny coma. But did just blog the first post-move arc here . Wow. We should all be thankful comics survived the 70s.

I liked some of the stories. But for the most part, they were pretty solid ideas, with a few too many corny moments. But as a whole, I'd say the first 27 Star Wars issues were fun. If nothing else, it's interesting to see how the stories struggle to stay on task without mucking up what comes in the other movies.

Day #11 0 :cry:

Day #12 Creepy 11 - 20 :acclaim:

The last issues were pretty bad, shortly after Archie Goodwin left it looked like they were adrift... A lot of reprints (stories that were printed less than a year ago in earlier Creepies)

And no more Wood, Ditko, Orlando, Crandal, Williamson, Toth but instead people like Hector Castellon, Sal Trapani, Roger Brand etc...which didn't appeal to me at all

And I still have about 20 or so issues waiting to be read :eek:

Hellblazer Issues #151-#156. Another ultimately dull arc by Brian Azzarello. It's all well and good trying to write a mystery with a twist in the tale but if the path traveled is tedious and trite then it needs to be a damn good twist.

Anyway, JC has a sojourn amongst the hillbilly backwaters of America and encounters one cliché after another. At least the art by Marcelo Frusin is much better than what has gone before.

Issue #157 - a one shot before the next arc which continues the dullness that has now engulfed this title since Azzarello took over the reigns. The disappointment continues.

Vanguard Illustrated #1-7: Some really good covers but terrible, terrible stories. What would I expect from an indy title from 1983/4.

I'm not participating. I can't remember the last time I read anything, which really is quite sad.

On July 7th 2010 you read Marvel Two-In-One #92

I had forgotten that.

It's a good read though.