• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

changed my diet to some moderns today :

B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth Gods #1 ...I really like the whole Hellboy/BPRD mythology and this didn't disappoint.

Daredevil Reborn #1 ... first DD I've read in a few years and I like it...reminds me of the Bruce Jones run on the Hulk.

Infinite Vacation #1 .. OOoh I liked this one, not to crazy about the art, but the concept is that you buy an app for your phone that lets you drop in and out of other realities. Say you're playing basketball and you hit that all important buzzer-shot, well you enter a new reality where you actually make it and then carry on from there, vacationing in other realities all the time. The only snag is that each "jump" costs money...the better the jump the higher the price

The Thanos Imperative - Devestation one-shot. I got this because it's the preview to the new team book that is coming out called the Annihilators. Always liked cosmic Marvel and this issue was pretty good, art was gorgeous, story a little fluffy, but it did leave me curious and anxious for getting Annihilators #1 when it comes out in March.

Weird Worlds #1 : An anthology title from DC and the only one of the three stories I found vaguely interesting was the Lobo one. Not for me.

I'm on book 4 of Jordan's Wheel of Time, and got 5-9 for Christmas, so I'll be reading that for the forseable future, will read a GN to take a break between books.

You are reading the good stuff! I am on book 8 (Path of Daggers) and the monotony is killing me but I have to find out how this ends! The first 5 or 6 books are genius and I hear the new author is wrapping them up fairly nicely.

Is there anything bad by Charles Burns? I am going to have to check out that book.

Nothing that I know of. The man's a genius! (worship)

He really is! I read Curse of the Molemen & Blood club a few months back and they were great. Then I read his Black Hole and loved it. Just awesome stuff. I am going to have check out what else he wrote.

Is there anything bad by Charles Burns? I am going to have to check out that book.

Nothing that I know of. The man's a genius! (worship)

He really is! I read Curse of the Molemen & Blood club a few months back and they were great. Then I read his Black Hole and loved it. Just awesome stuff. I am going to have check out what else he wrote.

El Borbah is excellent!

I'm on book 4 of Jordan's Wheel of Time, and got 5-9 for Christmas, so I'll be reading that for the forseable future, will read a GN to take a break between books.

You are reading the good stuff! I am on book 8 (Path of Daggers) and the monotony is killing me but I have to find out how this ends! The first 5 or 6 books are genius and I hear the new author is wrapping them up fairly nicely.

If you think book 8 is bad, wait until you hit 10. :eek:

The last 3 books have really picked up though. (thumbs u

doh! Is there a Cliffs Notes available?

doh! Is there a Cliffs Notes available?
Some of the reviews on Amazon are fairly thorough. You don't need alot of notes when nothing happens. :insane: